The online racing simulator
Pro Pedals?
(16 posts, started )
Pro Pedals?
For an experienced sim racer looking for some decent hardware I believe that a high quality pedal set would be a wise choice before thinking of getting an expensive wheel.
I was hoping to make a list of all the good after market pedal sets & manufacturers so that other sim racers are aware of what products are available & where to start looking.

(*warning* please make sure you are sitting down & not drinking anything before looking at prices)

So far we have found:

CST PEDALS

ACT LABS RS PEDALS

REDLINE RACE CONTROLS

FANATEC CLUBSPORT PEDALS

ECCI TRACKSTAR 6000 PEDALS

VPP PEDAL SETS

A1 PEDAL SETS

BRD Sim SPEED7 PEDALS

REVSALOT REVSPEDS

FREX GP PEDALS

If anyone knows of any others then please post in here.
also if anyone owns or uses a set of these please post a review or any useful information about your setup

Happy Drooling!
how about the fanatec 911 gt3 rs clubsport pedals do they count?
yes well spotted
ECCI and VPP pedals must be on the list for sure. check the manufacturer forums at racesimcentral.com. BRD is quite popular though doesn´t get the reputation for quality as CST, VPP, ECCI.

Frex should also be on the list.
absolutely, & they look the business.
I own the Act Labs RS2006 pedal set. It is nice and well made. The throttle is smooth and you can be quick with the clutch. I do wish the brake was a loadcell though. For that reason I will be purchasing a set of Fanatec Clubsport pedals soon to see how they feel. At about the same cost as the Act Labs and with more bonus features its a no brainer.

A1 Racing Gear needs to be here as well. A1 made the design for the RS2006 Actlabs pedals.
http://www.a1racinggear.com.au/products.htm

Sim-Gear.com makes a really nice H pattern shifter called the Lightning SST. I own this shifter and love it. They haven't made any pedals yet, but maybe one day will.

Jay
I had BRD Speed7 pedals for more than two years, but the last 1 1/2 years i have used Revzalot P35R pedals. They are much better than Speed7 pedals, but Speed7 pedals is still a good choise.
Get a good set of pedals before you buy an expensive wheel. I owned the VPP wheel for 2 1/2 years, and even it was a good wheel, my G25 is a ok substitute.

The Speed7 pedals is here:

http://www.interactiveracing.com/Pedals/Speed7/

And Revzalot is here (it`s a newer version than mine, called P36). P35R is just superb. Very good feeling in them and the braking feel is just so much better. It`s very good quality and no problems what so ever since I got them. I bought the Button Box with them also. Take a look at the box on the Revzalot site. Pedals and the Button Box is my best buy ever, appart from my TH2Go Digital.

http://www.revzalotmotorsports.com/products.html

My setup is attached
Attached images
Frame.jpg
The Pedals that are included in the G25 feel very good to me.
#9 - G!NhO
Quote from Stefani24 :The Pedals that are included in the G25 feel very good to me.

yeah true, but you cant buy them separate and they arent really top notch quality like the thread is about
Umm...... Frex???

www.frex.com/gp

Probably the best pedals out there if you get all the addons

So since I named the best what do I win?
Please make the warning bigger, brighter, and include the fact you should not be drinking any liquids while looking!
Quote from richard dk :I had BRD Speed7 pedals for more than two years, but the last 1 1/2 years i have used Revzalot P35R pedals.

My setup is attached

Nice setup Richard . Looks like your monitors & G25 alone cost more than my competition car. Must have set you back a bit.

Do you still have your BRD pedals & are they for sale?
Quote from anttt69 :
Do you still have your BRD pedals & are they for sale?

No I sold them to my former team mate Alland44
friendly bump

If your looking to improve the performance of your G25 pedals then the nixsim brake mod & leo bodnar s high res connection box both come highly recommended.
Quote from anttt69 :friendly bump

If your looking to improve the performance of your G25 pedals then the nixsim brake mod & leo bodnar s high res connection box both come highly recommended.

My buddy got that leo bodnar chip and he said it rocks. We have been playing iRacing the past few months and having a lot of fun. The Leo chip really helped my buddies braking out. I was hesitant about trying iracing, but now it is hard for me to go back to less structured environment. Not saying LFS sucks, but rather the structure of iRacing is what I was doing with LFS without the benefit.

I didn't manage to get a set of CST GT pedals though. They really are nice to use. The electronics resolution is 4096 steps compared to my 255 step I had before.

- Jay
Quote from anttt69 :
If anyone knows of any others then please post in here.
also if anyone owns or uses a set of these please post a review or any useful information about your setup

DIY pedals could be a good option. A couple of potentiometers and a load cell + controller are much cheaper than those commercial products.

Pro Pedals?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG