The online racing simulator
Quote from 5haz :Yeah but there's no denying that Ferrari are an important part of F1's image, it just wouldn't be the same without them.

If they did quit F1, I wouldn't mind if they did a full scale assault on LMP1.

I would say they are a part of F1's image but their importance is debatable. Times are changin'
Not having Ferrari is like not having Scotland at a major championship in football. Sure there’s something missing, but after a couple of events nobody remembers what it was like before hand.

But that will change come 2010/2012/2014/2016/2018/2020/2022 (delete where appropriate when hell freezes over)
Well, at the rate Max, Bernie and associates are spewing out insane ideas and rulechanges, I don't think we'll need to worry about Ferrari leaving F1.

I think F1 will cease to exist well before that happens. I'm having flashbacks to the old CART days and the split with the idiot grandson (Tony George, FYI). It took 13 years of failing seasons and the total destruction of what once was the greatest motor race event of the year, but the IRL has finally won the battle for American Open Wheel Racing... And what happens? Nobody watches it, the Mindy 500 is only watched by people outside of the US who have no idea of what happened, and the Idiot Grandson has finally given his 'vision' 4 years before he pulls the plug entirely.

We don't need to worry about that happening with F1... I'm thinking they'll put it out of its misery in 2 years, 3 tops.
imo the new 40 million pound cost cap rule is the best ever, it will secure F1s future whilst they can make any engine with the best aerodynamic packages.

The cars next year are going to be a hell of alot more faster, reliability will be the main question though.
..and now the 2010 Sporting Regulations have been updated again, the wins system is gone and the points are back:

“The Formula One World Championship driver’s title will be awarded to the driver who has scored the highest number of points, taking into consideration all the results obtained during the Events which have actually taken place.“

Apparently it was just a mistake.. or maybe this is a mistake.. who knows
Either way its better, Bernie is too old to make rules.
Quote from mythdat :..and now the 2010 Sporting Regulations have been updated again, the wins system is gone and the points are back:

“The Formula One World Championship driver’s title will be awarded to the driver who has scored the highest number of points, taking into consideration all the results obtained during the Events which have actually taken place.“

Apparently it was just a mistake.. or maybe this is a mistake.. who knows

According to James Allen's blog it's a mistake.
Quote from duke_toaster :According to James Allen's blog it's a mistake.

Everything related to James Allen is a mistake.
Quote from Mustafur :The cars next year are going to be a hell of alot more faster, reliability will be the main question though.

The turbo-era cars were mighty quick, but as unreliable as phone-booked taxis.

Quote from Mustafur :Either way its better, Bernie is too old to make rules.

You should tell Bernie that. He seems not to know.
Quote from Senninha25 :Everything related to James Allen is a mistake.

He was terrible as a commentator, but his print journalism is OK. It would be logical for it to be a mistake, as it's not in pink in the tracked changes version.
Quote from duke_toaster :He was terrible as a commentator, but his print journalism is OK. It would be logical for it to be a mistake, as it's not in pink in the tracked changes version.

I still don't like some of his opinions when it comes to Journalism.
Well, nearly all the teams are rattling their sabres over this and the budget cap system, wether they really are all mouth and no trousers, we'll soon find out, but if they really do pull out F1 is in the poop.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG