The online racing simulator
can reproduce it too,

http://de.xfire.com/video/b2e7e/
as you can see, it only happens at the right side.

as club, full screen, rb4, defualt skin and colors, my rig is at my xfire profil.
its a minor bug though.

btw... checked that bug in y, works there too.
Thats not a bug that you get spawned back on the right track config.

And the same things basically happens when you are off bounds on the autocross for example, flipped over the fence. Cause you are out of bounds, you get a shadow like this.
Quote from BlackEye :I can't reproduce it with clean installs (no 3rd party add-ons) of Z patch and Z10 test patch

UnknownMaster21:
Could you test again with clean installs (like me) and if it happens again post some more details how to reproduce it (is it a race/practice; what weather; custom color/some of the presets etc.)

Edit: Ok, I can also reproduce it on first corner like LFSn00b (Z10 and Z patch), but no luck at the barrier like UnknownMaster21

Z10 only, not Z patch, Aston has these errors
Quote from Fuse5 :Thats not a bug that you get spawned back on the right track config.

And the same things basically happens when you are off bounds on the autocross for example, flipped over the fence. Cause you are out of bounds, you get a shadow like this.

nope, we are talking about the car color change bug.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Z10 only, not Z patch, Aston has these errors

if it works in y it´ll work in z too
EDIT: well the bug i recorded.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Z10 only, not Z patch, Aston has these errors

I've tried in both versions (Z10 and Z patch) and can only reproduce it at the first corner (Aston Club), behind the tires, in both Z and Z10 patch.
Your report that is at the last corner near the barrier I can't reproduce either in Z or Z10 patch.

BTW, since this is clearly not a bug in test patch, but "old" LFS bug, we probably shouldn't discuss it here
Quote from BlackEye :I've tried in both versions (Z10 and Z patch) and can only reproduce it at the first corner (Aston Club), behind the tires, in both Z and Z10 patch.
Your report that is at the last corner near the barrier I can't reproduce either in Z or Z10 patch.

BTW, since this is clearly not a bug in test patch, but "old" LFS bug, we probably shouldn't discuss it here

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Hello! This is happen in Patch Z10 and Aston Club.

The problem is, I do not know is this already known or is this have a new one? Sorry if not new but just found this on Z10.

well...
Yeah, that part of my post wasn't directed just for you, but a note for everyone

If you're old enough
Quote from Scawen :
I hope to be able to release another compatible test patch here this week as I've done various fixes (including a Z10 crash that sometimes happened when many cars were in view).

Was this the crash that would cause LFS to totally freeze and take over Windows and require a hard reset? If yes, thanks! If no, then I can't work out what it is that is causing it.
I had that one as well, I think it was a 32 car grid at BL1 and other places, especially when a car flew into the air as a result of a crash - it would freeze, not allow itself to be closed when windowed, and had to be killed using process explorer after I press c-a-d a few times!
-
(chavm481) DELETED by chavm481
Quote from Scawen :
I hope to be able to release another compatible test patch here this week as I've done various fixes (including a Z10 crash that sometimes happened when many cars were in view).

yay thank you soooooooooooo much
I noticed this "smal" mistake in LFS...
Scawen, can u make LFS to automatic clear all data (username and game password) when I go to "Lock LFS (return to DEMO)"? Thx.
Quote from boothy :I had that one as well, I think it was a 32 car grid at BL1 and other places, especially when a car flew into the air as a result of a crash - it would freeze, not allow itself to be closed when windowed, and had to be killed using process explorer after I press c-a-d a few times!

mean this one? I uploaeded a vid of it some time ago, hope its the one scawen is working on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJelMRpariM
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Was this the crash that would cause LFS to totally freeze and take over Windows and require a hard reset? If yes, thanks! If no, then I can't work out what it is that is causing it.

Yes, the bug I fixed was reproducible in two MPRs I have seen, and at least one of those did cause someone's computer to hang, so I think it is the same bug. It was related to shadows and LFS counting them wrongly, so it would try to draw too many shadows, overwriting the wrong part of memory, so causing some unpredictable error (crash, hang, etc.) soon after that.

Quote from nesrulz :Scawen, can u make LFS to automatic clear all data (username and game password) when I go to "Lock LFS (return to DEMO)"? Thx.

That is not a bug, because demo users also need a user name and password, so "return to demo" does not clear the user name and password.
Quote from BlackEye :Yeah, that part of my post wasn't directed just for you, but a note for everyone

If you're old enough

No problem mate.

About what Scawen said about shadows, I think it has same problem with Aston about color issues I guess
No problems on Windows 7 Build 7100 so far.
There us that bug I noticed, but I'm not sure it comes from the patch.

Basically, I am under the impression that the tires screeching sounds are inverted (I use the default ones).
I am using Sony Dynamic Stereo Headphones (MDR-V300) with an Acer Aspire 5610Z laptop.

I was surprised by my setup being more understeery than before though I didn't change anything. Then I realized (by switching to the force view by mistake) that my inside front was in the red grip level in the force view (I set up my car like this), but the screeching sound came from the outside front tire (no matter if the corner was a left or right hander).

I flipped my headphones (putting the left side on the right ear) and the sounds were perfectly correct. I'd like to kno if anyone experienced this before ?

EDIT : I said my setup as understeery, because I use the tires sounds as a reference to when I'm driving, so I was surprised by the outside tire losing grip that early. Nothing to do with physics.

EDIT2 : I did a stereo test with this video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... HxW0A&feature=related ), and my eadphones were performing nicely with it, so it's definitely not a bug from my sound card
#492 - Aid
i wouldn't say it's a bug because you have to remember that during cornering weight gets transfered to the outer tires and in many cases inner wheels can even lift off the track, if it's front or back depends of setup and becase inner tires do much less work then outer very loaded tires they don't make to much noise comparing to outside tires, i would say it's correct sound effect isn't it?
If you have a replay (or this happens again) use forces view (F). This will show you how much force is on each tyre. Anything up to green should be gripping and not make any noise, red means that tyre is sliding. The longer the arrow, the larger the force, so if it's slipping, a longer arrow should (I think) mean more noise from that tyre.

This should confirm exactly which tyres are slipping and making noise, and how much, then compare with what you hear etc.

Edit: also don't forget to test in Z if you have a replay. AFAIK, nothing in the sound engine has changed in the test patches, so any sound problems should be consistent with Z and therefore shouldn't really be in the Z10/test patch forum
What if Direct X8 cannot handle those shadow and color issues anymore because so much settings of different setups for those?

I know it is not going like this but...Direct X9?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :What if Direct X8 cannot handle those shadow and color issues anymore because so much settings of different setups for those?

What if people who have no idea what they're talking about would simply shut up for once?

DirectX is just an API to access graphics card (or other hardware) functions - the bug that has been reported countless times is located in the shadow code of LFS' 3D engine. Since that code is custom written nobody but Scawen can find out why it happens, but probably it's just something like LFS selecting the topmost drivable surface for the given car's X,Y coordinates instead of the topmost drivable surface with a lower Z value than the car has (= below the car). Depending on the actual implementation it might be easy to fix, or it might not, in any case it's a really low priority thing.
Quote from BOSCHO :when one server is in cruise mode the yellow and the other flags are there
i think they need to be removed from the cruise thing

OK, I have implemented this because it was very easy to do in two minutes, and seems like a "bug" in cruise mode, because flags only work correctly when driving in the correct direction anyway...

Before I release it in the patch, is there any possible objection to the removal of blue and yellow flags? And (although I can't promise any updates in this patch) are there any other issues in cruise mode and should anything else be disabled, for example the lap counter / lap times?
Quote from Scawen :OK, I have implemented this because it was very easy to do in two minutes, and seems like a "bug" in cruise mode, because flags only work correctly when driving in the correct direction anyway...

Before I release it in the patch, is there any possible objection to the removal of blue and yellow flags? And (although I can't promise any updates in this patch) are there any other issues in cruise mode and should anything else be disabled, for example the lap counter / lap times?

Lap times and counter should not be disabled for cruise, blue flag and yellow flag should.
Some cruise servers have hotlap charts :P
Quote from Scawen :Before I release it in the patch, is there any possible objection to the removal of blue and yellow flags? And (although I can't promise any updates in this patch) are there any other issues in cruise mode and should anything else be disabled, for example the lap counter / lap times?

The blue/yellow flags removal is a good idea.

And the other updates? The lap counter isn't required while cruising, too, so this should be removed too.
I think you should remove the laptimes and counter because its cruise, where you dont need laptimes.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG