The online racing simulator
One thing I don't like...
(13 posts, started )
I love the new patch, its the best thing yet for LFS. However, when viewing outside the car, the new digital numbers I find are little harder to read. Any way to change them back in settings? More importantly, the shift lights and TC lights are HORRIBLE. they look like they were drawn in MSPaint about 12 years ago. In a game where everything has always been beautiful, I feel a little let down. Just had to vent. Thanks for your time.
Quote from bw_krupp :I love the new patch, its the best thing yet for LFS. However, when viewing outside the car, the new digital numbers I find are little harder to read. Any way to change them back in settings? More importantly, the shift lights and TC lights are HORRIBLE. they look like they were drawn in MSPaint about 12 years ago. In a game where everything has always been beautiful, I feel a little let down. Just had to vent. Thanks for your time.

:iagree:
#3 - Lible
I agree about the lights. They look 10% cool and 90% ugly. They just don't suit digital clocks.
#4 - ORION
They actually looke more like LEDs, but they do neither fit into the hud nor are they visible enough. Just mix the two and it's good
Yea, I can't really see the red light when it's time to shift, so i tend to go over the shifting point. =\
Quote from SR BaCkFiRe :Yea, I can't really see the red light when it's time to shift, so i tend to go over the shifting point. =\

Use your ears One of the great things about LFS is you can tell exactly what rpm you're at based on the sound
#7 - Frags
Is it because of the whole postpatch experience, or is the sound a bit better?
I find it more easy to hear things in the game.
Echo from the cars, Spesific cars sound, tires etc. etc.
Maby I just never payed attention.
#8 - Honey
Quote from Frags :Is it because of the whole postpatch experience, or is the sound a bit better?
I find it more easy to hear things in the game.
Echo from the cars, Spesific cars sound, tires etc. etc.
Maby I just never payed attention.

i'm quite sure thare are improvements in sound also, surely the BF1 emphatizes the wind sound because of very high speeds, but that was already present, surely i think that car sound are improved -> i clearly noticed with FZR: the sound is more rich and "colourful" even if a bit less raw...in conclusion it feels more natural...another for the devs
The sounds fade in and out better now.
Quote from travbrad :Use your ears One of the great things about LFS is you can tell exactly what rpm you're at based on the sound

I know, I know, it's just that I've never played LFS for the longest time and I don't know the best shifting point for the new cars yet.
I hear sounds "pop" in when watching a replay- how about an adjustment so we can change the distance that a car's sound pops into "view".. or hearing.

how about instead of reaching over to press F9 to F12, I can see ALL the info on the screen at the same time! Why are we so limited to the amount of info displayed on the screen?
Quote from bw_krupp :I love the new patch, its the best thing yet for LFS. However, when viewing outside the car, the new digital numbers I find are little harder to read. Any way to change them back in settings? More importantly, the shift lights and TC lights are HORRIBLE. they look like they were drawn in MSPaint about 12 years ago. In a game where everything has always been beautiful, I feel a little let down. Just had to vent. Thanks for your time.

I quite dislike the new lights also
The first thing I noticed in the BF1 was the way the engine sound 'opened up' at higher revs, and got more muffled at lower revs.

I love it. It's much easier to drive by ear, in this car, at least.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG