The online racing simulator
Something to Ponder
(20 posts, started )
Something to Ponder
Hmmm, well I dont mean to post to spam or anything. And I apologize if there is a thread already like this, this is just a quick post. Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that this lack of communication between the devs and players may be foreshadowing the release of S3? This may indicate them hard at work trying to finish. The "recall" of the sirocco just may have been them changing their minds to include the sirocco in S3. I mean thats what it seems to me. Idk, just figured I'd put this out there, just my 2cents.

EDIT: And in no way am i provoking spam or whining about the delay, I couldn't care less. Just figured I'd share my thoughts.
Quote from xtremeracer83 :Hmmm, well I dont mean to post to spam or anything. And I apologize if there is a thread already like this, this is just a quick post. Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that this lack of communication between the devs and players may be foreshadowing the release of S3? This may indicate them hard at work trying to finish. The "recall" of the sirocco just may have been them changing their minds to include the sirocco in S3. I mean thats what it seems to me. Idk, just figured I'd put this out there, just my 2cents.

EDIT: And in no way am i provoking spam or whining about the delay, I couldn't care less. Just figured I'd share my thoughts.

I don't think the Devs (:bowdown would move the Scirocco to S3. I do think they're working on S3 though. Having been around for a while, I can tell that Devs work at their hardest when they're not talking on the forums.
#3 - Mogar
I'm not sure if the devs are working on S3, specially because S2 still have the "alpha" tag, meaning that there are still features to be implemented or improved until it achieves a beta stage (where they will only solve some bugs).

What kind of worries me is that even the bug reports section don't have replies from the devs, and there are still some annoying bugs that the devs didn't officially aknowledged (e.g., the bug with windows vista and power saving settings), that for the more experienced is just an annoying bug, but it may be a bigger issue for the first timers.

For now, I prefer to believe that the devs are making their best job on the way they decided to go with S2 (although there are things that I don't agree, e.g., I think that the new cars and combos should be left for S3 instead giving as bonus for S2, and finish S2 earlier, but this doesn't matter right now), as I think that they have a interest ($$) on finishing S2 and starting the S3 development. Most of us didn't pre-paid the S3 license, so I think that they have the interest on releasing it one day.
#4 - garph
I think the lack of comments from the devs is a direct result of the reaction to the delayed patch.

If they give more information, dates or features then people start with the why haven't we got it yet, when will we get it, you said it would be done, how come it's been so long, we've not got what we paid for, fanboys...etc, etc.
Personally, I think the Devs are working hard, on something, at least, I cant be specific because I am just guessing.... but definatly working towards a possible final version of S2, whether that be a beta stage or even a total rework of the sim itself.

This is not a critisism, and like the OP, this is just my opinion, occasionally the devs have something up there sleeve, and they have never failed to dissapoint. Many times over the years, and I have been with LFS from the start, suprises have come, in the forms of sublte changes, to massive unexpected updates. They may even be distracted from the development of the game, for commercial progress, using the platform as it stands.

I just hope they are actually working on it, and not completly pished off by those who demand, cry, winge, bitch about updates not coming out.
As already mentioned above, if the devs aint posting on here, it means thay havent got time to, as they must be busy making LFS!
And hopefully fixing the bouncy barriers as well! *JOKE*
or working outside of home, or base...
I think they just can't be bothered to post on the forums, I mean look at the Scirocco Enquiry Thread and ask yourself if you could either..

Let them beaver in peace.
Lack of Communication between Devs and players?
Ive never seen any game devs sharing a forum with players before.
Quote from Stefani24 :
Ive never seen any game devs sharing a forum with players before.

Wow that's impressive. I can't think of any where devs DON'T share forums and reply to players' topics...well ok when we don't count these big ones(EA and so on).

For example BATracer.

Can't believe you're still hoping that the patch will at all come...I also HOPE, but I have some other thoughts too :S
I'm doubtful that work on S3 has started. I don't doubt that by the time the new patch rolls around, there will be one or two little extra additions to go along with the Scirocco. Quite a bit of time's gone by since the last update, so you should kind of expect that other areas of the game have been worked on since then.

My prediction:

Scirocco
Westhill update
Part 2 of the interiors update
Some other thing
Quote from Mogar :I'm not sure if the devs are working on S3, specially because S2 still have the "alpha" tag, meaning that there are still features to be implemented or improved until it achieves a beta stage (where they will only solve some bugs).

S1 wasn't out of alpha, so why S2 must be?

Or S1 = alpha, S2 = beta, S3 = final?
Quote from boothy :Out of interest, what has to be updated there?

I'm not sure what's being worked on. Maybe it's a new configuration, or it may be something a bit more subtle, akin to last years BL update.

Anyway, its all pure speculation
The CMX viewer is version 0.6A which may or may not mean S2 Beta. I can be 99% certain the next patch won't be S3

On that note, I'll just leave this here from June '08...

Quote from Scawen :
The remaining GTR updates are part of the needed updates for LFS S2 to lose the ALPHA tag. Some other updates that should mostly be done to get out of ALPHA are :

- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors

I've noticed some discontent about the rate of progress and all I can do is assure you that no-one wants LFS out of ALPHA more than we do! Of course, by updating and releasing the clearly unfinished things mentioned here.

*runs*
#16 - Myw
hmmm... So not much really till S3 if you think about it.
S2 is still pretty far from BETA stage, so no chance for S3 this year.
Quote from Shadowww :S1 wasn't out of alpha, so why S2 must be?

Or S1 = alpha, S2 = beta, S3 = final?

No, S1, S2 and S3 are stages. I'm not sure if S1 was released at alpha stage, since I knew it when it was on a beta stage.

There is no official reason why the devs released S2 alpha, but some speculates that they did that due to the fact that someone leaked a version meant to be exclusive for the beta testers, and then they officially released a alpha version (newer than the leaked one, that had big performance issues, and you don't need to care about).

I understand that the features that Scawen wants to implement to S2 reach the beta stage are a big step from what we have today, so I would not be surprised if we don't see S2 beta before 2010.
Quote from Mogar :[snip]
What kind of worries me is that even the bug reports section don't have replies from the devs, and there are still some annoying bugs that the devs didn't officially aknowledged (e.g., the bug with windows vista and power saving settings), that for the more experienced is just an annoying bug, but it may be a bigger issue for the first timers.
[snip]

Dinner is served.

Besides, Scawen has mentioned before that he doesn't reply to each bug reported.

Quote from Scawen :
No, I will not respond. I have made a note of every bug posted on this thread but I will not write a message for every one "Hi, I've added it to my notes".

Thank you for the bug reports. The thing to do is just check when the next test patch comes out. At that point, please check that any bug you reported has been fixed. In the rare case that I somehow missed one and failed to fix it, please do remind me of the missed bug.

This is the way I have found is the most efficient way for me to work.

Myself, have been waiting since the 70's for a proper sim. So a couple more years is okay to me.
A big thank you goes out to all those who responded. All our your opinions/input is greatly appreciated and I have a much better insight of what may be in store for us all, so thanks again and feel free to make an addition to what is already here!

Something to Ponder
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG