The online racing simulator
G25 photos
(20 posts, started )
G25 photos
Couple of artsy photos of my wheel from last night.

They're huge, click the links.
Huge?
Attached images
untitled.JPG
It's not my fault, i'm at work and have to use what i'm provided with.
Quote from jibber :It's not my fault, i'm at work and have to use what i'm provided with.

Use Firefox Portable
It's the same old forum bug, if you have images disabled you only get links to the thumbnails, not the actual image (regardless of browser used)
Thanks for the tip. Fixed.
cant understand the meaning of these pics.. low quality and all..
You can't take close up pictures of something, wack on too much contrast, then call them "artsy". Congratulations on owning a bad camera and a G25 though.
#16 - Migz
Quote from atc quicksilver :you can't take close up pictures of something, wack on too much contrast, then call them "artsy". Congratulations on owning a bad camera and a g25 though.

+1
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You can't take close up pictures of something, wack on too much contrast, then call them "artsy". Congratulations on owning a bad camera and a G25 though.

Thanks for that rather inspiring statement.

I didn't "wack" too much contrast to anything, they're all exactly as I shot them.

I can take closeups of anything and call it whatever I please.

I do own a Sony DSLR and a G25. I'm also a professional photographer.
I used the maximum ISO setting for a reason (to have excessive amounts of noise, or grain as it would have been in the film days)

I took these to have a feeling rather than a catalogue technical approach. I would have used a studio lighting set for that.

Sorry if that all doesn't make sense to you.

-T
Quote from teaz-R :I do own a Sony DSLR and a G25. I'm also a professional photographer.
I used the maximum ISO setting for a reason (to have excessive amounts of noise, or grain as it would have been in the film days)

A Sony A100 to be exact, shot at 300mm, 1/320 second shutter speed, f/5.6 aperture, and ISO1600 in aperture priority mode with +1.0 exposure bias, at least for the pedal shot. No, not everyone gets it, but many of us do

Join the thread that does get it...

Camera Showoff thread

I do like the 3rd shot you posted of the pedal. Can't say I like the grain. Digital noise just isn't the same as film grain and doesn't give the same feel, no offense. The "grain" does look good specifically on the subject, but doesn't come out well in my eyes with the blackened out background. Over all, quite a nice shot.
Quote from teaz-R :

That's why this thread went downhill.

That technique doesn't work to get film grain in photos, unless you use black and white.
Like I did here: http://www.facebook.com/photo. ... 9ebc6e76&id=512190532

Film grain is monochrome, where as digital noise is colored (and god awful).
Quote from teaz-R :Couple of artsy photos of my wheel from last night.

Although I have immense respect for your skinning and design skills, I'm afraid these photos are, for want of a more polite way of putting it, junk.

As Quiksilver put it, being poorly composed with no focal point and no lighting and poor focus does not make them "artsy".

As a professional photographer, you'd know that digital noise is to be avoided at all costs, and your best option with a static subject would've been to tripod it, use low ISO for a clean image and then apply a filter in photoshop to recreate film grain. I used to have a Sony A100 and they are wonderful cameras (wish I still had mine for landscapes - the low ISO quality plus the very weak AA filter on the A100 produces amazingly crisp results), but they are absolute noise monsters at high ISO - and it's not "nice" noise either.

Sorry to be so negative (hey, the third shot of the pedal is better), but I know fine well what talent you have with graphics and art and design, and I'm quite sure you can produce a much better stylised, "moody" photograph of a G25 than these.

G25 photos
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG