The online racing simulator
Own music in LFS?
(40 posts, started )
Own music in LFS?
Is there some kinda program that will let you put your own music in LFS S2? I thought I've seen one before but can't find anything now. Right now I'm using a mp3 to ogg converter I downloaded but I guess without changing the radio file you cant skip songs and you have to select each song when start the game or come back from a race?
#2 - (SaM)
SHIFT + K skips a song. And you can make your own playlists ingame in the audio menu.
uh-huh
Quote from TheSparkster :Is there some kinda program that will let you put your own music in LFS S2? I thought I've seen one before but can't find anything now. Right now I'm using a mp3 to ogg converter I downloaded but I guess without changing the radio file you cant skip songs and you have to select each song when start the game or come back from a race?

Its better IMO to just turn off the sound in LFS (shift+n) and play music with another application (Itunes, winamp)
#5 - (SaM)
Quote from Vendetta :Its better IMO to just turn off the sound in LFS (shift+n) and play music with another application (Itunes, winamp)

Turn off the sound? Why? Just go to options > audio, and set all "Music during" ... to off.
Yes, you can plug your own music selection into the game.

If your running just S1 then look for an app called "LFS Radio Station" which will allow you to build playlist of ogg format sound files. There is no user made editor yet for S-2 so you'll have to use the ingame audio options screen to set up play of the added music.
LFS uses Ogg format files for ingame and shell music stored in the /data/ogg folder. There are a number of free converters out there, just do a google search. Once you have converted the files drop them into the /data/ogg folder.
In both S1 and S2 you can then add the music to the games existing playlist or create a new one in the audio options screen.. Play around with it.. its not hard but you'll make a few errors early on.. just look at the way the existing playlists are configured. I "Think" (ie: I could be wrong) you can open the playlist files in a text editor and manually configure them. I'm not at my computer right now so I can't check that.

Patience and have fun.. I prefer surf music myself! Especially at Fern Bay..
Though I suppose I should try some reggee!

Terrance Roff
Oakland CA
i made a little too, which creates ogg files out of wave files:
OGGCoder
#8 - (SaM)
Quote from CrazyICE :i made a little too, which creates ogg files out of wave files:
OGGCoder

Handy tool ICE, if you have a .wav
Though, I think just about anyone has all their music in mp3, not in wav.. unless they convert the mp3 to wav first. But there are programs that convert mp3 to ogg.
#9 - Zero7
Try this converter - it's free and will convert MP3's to OGG. Just put them in the ogg folder and create a new Channel listing in LFS. Works a treat.

http://www.ashampoo.com
#10 - ekze
Why you need this? I'm just use foobar2000 for listen music...
#11 - Gunn
Quote from ekze :Why you need this? I'm just use foobar2000 for listen music...

One less program running in the background is always a good thing. That's why.
Quote from the_angry_angel :http://www.vorbis.com/download_win.psp Check out ogg drop. Just drop an audio file onto it, and it will spit out an ogg file. Very handy, and simple to use.

Nice one! Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try.
cheers for the info guys, very helpful

so, am i to believe that there is no way to create a playlist of your own tunes, cos i have faffed about for an hour now and got nowhere.

i tried opening and playing with the text in the .rad file but couldn't get it to work properly.

anyone got any ideas please? cheers
Yeah I did that too, got 4musics mp3 to ogg converter and converted a few songs. It's very nice, and it doesn't drop your FPS down as winamp does if you're running it on the background.

Regards,

n2o
Quote from sidepants :cheers for the info guys, very helpful

so, am i to believe that there is no way to create a playlist of your own tunes, cos i have faffed about for an hour now and got nowhere.

i tried opening and playing with the text in the .rad file but couldn't get it to work properly.

anyone got any ideas please? cheers

Its allready been said here how to do it but if you need a step-by-step here you go:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showpo ... p=508955&postcount=12
cheers nike23, most helpful.

i had read the above but the part about the channel box in the bottom right was missing. now all working.

cheers fella
Quote from sidepants :cheers nike23, most helpful.

i had read the above but the part about the channel box in the bottom right was missing. now all working.

cheers fella

no prob.
#19 - Gunn
I have brought across Victor's post from RSC for easy reference....

First of all, LFS only plays OGG files. So any tune you want to have played by the game will have to be converted to the OGG format.
Want to know what OGG is? http://www.vorbis.com/
Want to download an encoder/decoder? http://www.vorbis.com/download.psp

To add the ogg-files in LFS:

Options -> Audio -> Channels button (lower right)

You are now in the Channels screen, where you can add 'radio channels' and put songs into each channel.

Depending on which of the two NEW/NAME/DEL blocks you are using:
NEW creates a slot or radio channel for a tune
NAME gives you a list of all OGG tunes in your LFS/data/ogg folder and lets you select the tune for that slot. OR renames the radio channel.
DEL deletes the slot or radio channel.

In order to have a song actually played, you need to click the arrows to the right of each name to add playback priority. Ech row there represents a channel and each number in that row represents the playback priority (1,2,3 where 1 is low, 3 is high prior)

That is it basically. Remember to save your settings in the channels screen, if you don't all modifications are lost.

As a final thing, you can select your radio channel/skip songs or load one on the fly, in the options->audio settings.

Hope this will have made it clear for you!
Quote from Gunn :One less program running in the background is always a good thing. That's why.

But having to waste space is not.
I used to convert songs to ogg to play lfs but now i just have winamp running. I have a decent cpu that can handle it (Sempron 3000+) but with my old 800mhz cpu i couldnt run winamp and lfs without getting slowdown.
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :But having to waste space is not.

Well, convert your .mp3s into .ogg... It's the far better codec anyway...
i remember there being a slight loss of quality sometimes happens when going from mp3 to ogg. its much better to go from wav to ogg.
xmplay uses almost NO system resorces at all.

Own music in LFS?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG