The online racing simulator
Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
There is more than this swine flu than they are letting on.

On the face of it, it doesn't seem much more prolific or deadly than "normal" flu, which kills many people each year.

So far the spread of it has been seemingly normal, there have "only" been 150 odd deaths, which in a country like Mexico with a population of 109,955,400, is a VERY small percentage, there have been no deaths from people outside Mexico, the child that died was transported across the border from Mexico to get treatment.

Also, those outside Mexico have only shown "mild" symptoms, arguably as mild as "normal" flu.

So my question is, just what is warranting the amount of media hype?, we have "normal" flu pandemics every year, what is different?, so it can be transfered from person to person, so whats new?, so does normal flu.

There is something they are not telling us, there is something they are covering up.

The cynic in my tells me that the leaders of the world are using this as a smokescreen for something else, but what, I don't know, but I do know this.......

None of it feels right.
Damn, thats just insane. But i belive that we can get over it - just like we did over the Bird Flu (right?) and Cow disease (right?). Also, id wish to know that who started this shiz.

Those places where i wrote "(right?)" ... I meant this as i dont know the right definition - im not from USA / UK

Edit: Already heard where this started .
But since media blows this out of proposions too, do they know more too?
I am not sure, or I don't want to think they have done something really really wrong.. What makes me wonder is why the continue raising the allert for a pandemi
Maybe, for sure - our country's big heads dont want us to panic or something. But, maybe if its worse than we would expect? :sadbanana
If it was like end of the world you can swear internet would have told us, and media going apeshit. I think they feared this more than usually due to the fact it goes from human to human that agressive as it did, and they in the start belived that all the people who died in Mexico those days were all by the reason of bird flu. Then after some investigation they found out that it really wasn't the bird flue that tok the lifes of these people.

I think actually it's just that they in the start belived it had high death rate, then they saw it actually was like any other flu's and will start to forget it. At least the norwegian medias is taking it easier with this case now. Sure, it's front page, but not on the very top with bold letters.
Something is very wrong, because none of it adds up, at the moment, with what we are being told, this swine flu seems like a storm in a teacup.

Using the USA stats, their flu deaths extrapolate to 776.4 deaths a year per 100,000 people (stats 2006 from the CDC), which seems very high, because at that rate, 800,000 people in Mexico would die, and around 46 million world wide!!! of "normal" flu every year.

QFT

Quote :The overall age-adjusted death rate in 2006 was 776.4 deaths per 100,000 population, compared with 799 per 100,000 in 2005, the CDC said in a news release. The preliminary number of total deaths was 2,425,900, down 22,117 from 2005.

Somethings up, why would the WHO be so worried over something that is killing less people than "normal" flu, why would they risk wide spread panic for something.
Quote from hazaky :Btw, what are the symptoms for swine flu?

Also, i think that i saw few posts here where people say that 5+ have died. Anyways, i was in lfs and my tv next to my monitor - the news told me that only few people have died, 2 year old and somekinda other what wasnt described that much or something.

Ooh, i remember now - that other person was in finland and he/she is under medical thing (dont know the word). God damn, finland is next to our country
Quote from danowat :Something is very wrong, because none of it adds up, at the moment, with what we are being told, this swine flu seems like a storm in a teacup.

Using the USA stats, their flu deaths extrapolate to 776.4 deaths a year per 100,000 people (stats 2006 from the CDC), which seems very high, because at that rate, 800,000 people in Mexico would die, and around 46 million world wide!!! of "normal" flu every year.

QFT

Somethings up, why would the WHO be so worried over something that is killing less people than "normal" flu, why would they risk wide spread panic for something.

No idea, but maybe they just want to take procotion (wrong spelled) ?
I am not sure if I belive on the cover-u p thingy, im more in belive media and WHO is just smoking too much pot and beeing affraigh of this virus. Probally they are affraight it's going to mutate further into some more nasty virus, since it's mutated once allready.
Time will tell I guess, but we will never know the whole truth.
That's true. Even if this is not that deadly, it might be something human creater..
On the other hand, WHO raises the pandemi level warning regardless if it's deadly or not. It still can be a pandemi across the whole world, just not that deadly. That could be one reason for raising it, since they see this flu probally will hit the whole world, and warns people - just to be sure as much as possible is done to minimize the people infected / dead by this thing.
But there are flu pandemics every year, my missus caught flu last year when we were coming back from Australia, either picked up in Australia or Hong Kong, that was a pandemic, never got that reported on the news.
Maybe it has something to do to it since Obama's guide was the one dying of it, then they were affraigh Obama was going to die by it..and from that everything and the fear of it started.

On the 2th hand, we all do know America is a scary place..so who knows?
One thing for sure, I refuse to die because of America :mad:
Quote from The Very End :we all do know America is a scary place.

Theres one VERY good reason why America is a scary place, and thats because the leaders like it that way, its easier to control a fearful population.
Quote from danowat :Theres one VERY good reason why America is a scary place, and thats because the leaders like it that way, its easier to control a fearful population.

Yeah, because scared, confused people seeks the leader for advice and protection. America scares the shit out of people to hold them in controll, while they basically scares people for no reason just to have the "controll". If they not did this people would riot and claim Anarchy in America I think, because there is so much wrong with that country. Now, no country is perfect, but I canot think on a more corrupt / propaganda country than America.
Wish people just could speak the truth and not lie
It's a conspiracy!

Seriously you guys... are you paranoid?
Quote from danowat :There is more than this swine flu than they are letting on.

So my question is, just what is warranting the amount of media hype?,

Not it's quite the opposite. There's a lot LESS to it than they are letting on.
It's just the habit today's media has of jumping on a subject because they want to do anything, *anything* to sell whatever format their broadcasts are in. News isn't about reporting the truth, it hasn't been for years. It's about making money for shareholders and sadly this seems to mean ridiculous and irresponsible sensationalism.
Quote from danowat :

So my question is, just what is warranting the amount of media hype?, we have "normal" flu pandemics every year, what is different?, so it can be transfered from person to person, so whats new?, so does normal flu.

There is something they are not telling us, there is something they are covering up.

The cynic in my tells me that the leaders of the world are using this as a smokescreen for something else, but what, I don't know, but I do know this.......

None of it feels right.

1) they've finally found something to take peoples minds off the recession
2) now peoples attention has been diverted away from government they can pass all sorts of ludicrous legislations
3) ???
4) Profit!
#168 - Zay
toddler just died of the swine flu in texas usa
Quote from danowat :The cynic in my tells me that the leaders of the world are using this as a smokescreen for something else, but what, I don't know, but I do know this.......

None of it feels right.

over exaggarated much?

SARS was a big deal, while it only caused "merely" 800 deaths, it caused a huge disruption in the society to have it quarentined, the economic lost is widespread and took years to recover from.

So in your opinion to whom's interest is it, to blow a minor flu out of proportion?
Toddler in Texas was also a mexican family who came to Texas to get care. Something the media doesn't let on over here for the sensationalization.
Quote from mrodgers :Toddler in Texas was also a mexican family who came to Texas to get care. Something the media doesn't let on over here for the sensationalization.

from what I heard in the media over here they only made a brief mention of that fact if at all
Quote from Toddshooter :Well its spread to Canada already as well. 6 cases so far.
4 on the east coast, and 2 on the west coast.

I'm locking myself in my bathroom...be back in a few months
Oh great, a 3 year old dutch girl is infected after coming back from mexico. Seems like it's worse then i thought.
Luckily it's only 1 case so far.
Again, kid..Sad but true

Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG