The online racing simulator
can they give us a vid showing the problems they have?
I`ll be honest and say first of all that I`ve not been hanging around here much lately, and there`s no easy or quick way of skimming through 63 pages of posts to see what`s been said so far......

I`m just wondering if the deal is perhaps as simple as one of the vw guys taking a last minute look at the car (as they probably would have to do for the whole licensing thing), and saying something as simple as "not bad, but what the hell is that horrible whining sound when you move the car?". several emails later, they`re told "well, that`s the engine sound". The answer from VW would be something like "sorry, but our product sounds nothing like a vacuum cleaner, you`ll have to sort that before we allow you to release it"

Total rewrite of the sound engine to use proper sampled sounds. and the subsequent remade sounds for all cars, several months later.......

Any little thing like that, that needs a rewrite to work could cause huge issues, I just don`t see how altered TC and stability control alone could take so long.

Along with about 1000 others, I suppose a bit of updated info would go a long way towards keeping the masses happy, but it probably won`t happen until it happens.
yes! keep going!
Quote from chavm481 :can they give us a vid showing the problems they have?

Can you read the TEST PATCH threads?
There are videos in these topics, if you're really that interested I think you'd have noticed.
So... Is 1st May a holiday for you guys? It's on a Friday this year
Little Xmas

Unseen, I love your theory
Well no, I disagree that VW would think it's not ready so go and tell LFS devs - don't release yet, cause they let the Scirocco into NFS:UC and that isn't exactly realistic one iota. For a start it has NOS and will 90 degree corner at 180 MPH. Maybe because they (EA) paid for the licence to use it so that allowed an "anything goes" mentality, but I don't think VW are stopping the release at all. If anything about that area it's the Dev's thinking it's not good enough yet.

I'm guessing they are making it so the front can fall off so we have some time to wait yet.

Don't lock this thread, it's a good garbage collector.
Quote from BlackEye :So... Is 1st May a holiday for you guys? It's on a Friday this year
Little Xmas

Unseen, I love your theory

1st May is holiday here, so they better release that car then
We should take a poll on how many pages this thread will get to until the patch is released. We are at 64, I imagine at least 100.
Not sure on that, for all we do know Bob can come and throw a shitbomb on us and delete 30 pages
Quote from Dopey :We should take a poll on how many pages this thread will get to until the patch is released. We are at 64, I imagine at least 100.

38 here
Quote from STF :Well, you know that bombs hit even when you don`t expect them to.

Trust me, I know - been there, done that <.<
All I can say is that I have become more active in the past 4 months and I get so very disappointed in LFS. I achieved what I lacked from my 2 year lapse. Now I find myself clicking the bookmark for this forum everyday to find myself disappointed. So much hype over a car that resembles the XRT in so many ways yet no one drives.. leads me to think that beyond the other filler's among this patch that the new car itself will deem less glorified. If the dev's held a marketing course I would be one of the first to dign up. They all know how to enduce hype and create a market place that myself among others sit and wait for this car and updates that most will endorse and some will slander. Natural scheme of things but the dev's have played this by the handbook. With 60+ pages of spectation, I don't know who else could create such marketing and valor. Cheers.
Quote from unseen :I`ll be honest and say first of all that I`ve not been hanging around here much lately, and there`s no easy or quick way of skimming through 63 pages of posts to see what`s been said so far......

I`m just wondering if the deal is perhaps as simple as one of the vw guys taking a last minute look at the car (as they probably would have to do for the whole licensing thing), and saying something as simple as "not bad, but what the hell is that horrible whining sound when you move the car?". several emails later, they`re told "well, that`s the engine sound". The answer from VW would be something like "sorry, but our product sounds nothing like a vacuum cleaner, you`ll have to sort that before we allow you to release it"

Total rewrite of the sound engine to use proper sampled sounds. and the subsequent remade sounds for all cars, several months later.......

Any little thing like that, that needs a rewrite to work could cause huge issues, I just don`t see how altered TC and stability control alone could take so long.

Along with about 1000 others, I suppose a bit of updated info would go a long way towards keeping the masses happy, but it probably won`t happen until it happens.

They allowed NFS team to release it, but it can go through 90 degree turns at 320 km/h there...

Edit: JasonJ, I hate you
you will eat those words
I know when it will be released

when the devs want to.
I notice that iRacing have announced:

"Volkswagen Announces Partnership with iRacing.com to Aid in Jetta TDI Cup Driver Training and Candidate Identification: Online Competition Winners to Receive Opportunities to Compete in the On-track Series in 2010"

http://www.iracing.com/newsEvents/index.php

Dont get me wrong, i think that as a sim LFS is great but news and updates are so slow, maybe thats why its taking so long but lets hope LFS gets it soon.
In the forum, LFS progress is arguing matter and will be for a long time. My starting point is just taking a photo about that and trying to clarify the path ongoing. The aim is not whining, not moaning, not complaining, not Scirocco; although it seems such as the mixture of them. And here is coming the word : “BUT”

But because nobody knows what will be. Maybe the devs have some predictions or projections. We are in the alpha stage now and I’m really wonder how many patches needed for the beta stage and S2 out: 5 or 10 patches? Naturally more patches means more work, more time, and more turmoils in the forum.

So I figured out a some graphs those show the LFS progress stages from the beginning up to now. The method is cutting the timeline into different periods based on prefix and graphically.

PREFIX BASIS (DAYS PASSED AFTER OFFICIAL PATCHES, TODAY: 28.04.2009)

0.1B – 0.1W stage: min: 3 max: 48 avr: 16

0.1B – TODAY stage: min: 3 max: 300 avr: 74

0.2A – 0.2F stage: min: 11 max: 84 avr: 38

S1 – S1H stage: min: 22 max: 220 avr: 79

S2 ALPHA - S2 0.5Z stage: min: 8 max: 237 avr: 114

S2 ALPHA – TODAY stage: min: 8 max: 300 avr: 128

GRAPH BASIS (DAYS PASSED AFTER OFFICIAL PATCHES, TODAY: 28.04.2009)

0.1B – S1F stage: min: 3 max: 84 avr: 29

0.1B – S1H stage: min: 3 max: 220 avr: 38

0.1B - S2 ALPHA stage: min: 3 max: 220 avr: 45

0.1B - S2 0.5Z stage: min: 3 max: 237 avr: 66

0.1B – TODAY stage: min: 3 max: 300 avr: 74

S1H - S2 0.5Z stage: min: 8 max: 237 avr: 122

S1H - TODAY stage: min: 8 max: 300 avr: 135

S2 ALPHA – TODAY stage: min: 8 max: 300 avr: 128

The Prefix table shows the progress history obviously. Thus I will try to interprete the historic progress via fluctuations on the chart.

At the 0.1B - S1F period (see: Chart 1), the development progress based on day basis to the next patch is very stable. But S1H brought on a new era with 220 days record. Although there was a drastic fall to the S2 0.5L, the volatility stil increases in line with the standard deviations and max/min quotients. As of today (28.04.2009) the all time high peak has reached to 300 days. This is absolutely terrifying and seems the new record should be rise for a while.

Consequently LFS progress is getting more and more slower than before. (see: Chart 2 and 3) At this point, I think things must be changed. Otherwise we will see more longer waiting periods. Arguing doesn’t help us and almost all the suggestions have been made. I predict devs realized this. Maybe their priviliges is different from ours, but the common interest should be monitored.

I want to believe that devs could manage this dissatisfaction because, LFS proved that what they could be. Perhaps some little touchings could help us. I know coding is very complicated issue and there is no equation such as 2 + 2 = 4. But there are two main directions related to coding: Coding independent issues comparably simple ones and coding coherent features like a chain.

Imagine just a test consisted of 60 questions and 60 minuted deadline. Some questions make a group every single question is related to others. At the same time some questions are unique and independent from each other. In order to use time effectively, sometimes there is a need passing over from the questions that we couldn’t answer to new ones. If time remained, we can focus on it again. Of course the coding has a complex structure, but this logic could be implemented into the LFS.

Consequently, there are too many things to say, suggest. As mentioned before, most of them stated many times before. So no need to repeat. I just wanted to show the complete picture of LFS progress objectively.
Attached images
Chart 1.jpg
Chart 2.jpg
Chart 3.jpg
Wow, these graphs can be funny and interesting at the same time! The interesting part was that there was a big gap between S1 and S2. Now there is another big gap. At this point, I would start to loose faith, but after I looked at thw graph, I'm Starting to think that a new patch will come out; not with just fixes, but special things, stuff to the the Beta tag on the logo!

I would say a Chance of S3, but nvm.
uuuh.. ok.. if you say so.. :P
I think some people really have to much time on their hands .

Scawen Roberts once wrote that the developement is slower today because the standards went higher. I also guess that Scavier worked their asses off day and night in the early days of LFS, to get it all running, and what we see now is the normal pace of development. For a project with 1 coder and 1 3D-modeler LFS is still very, very advanded if you ask me.
If updates contain the same amount of new features each time this is what happens..

But seriously, you can't graph it like that because the amount of new things added to each new version varies so much. You have to use more than just the version number as a divider over time. Some features take a long time some do not. The graphs aren't accurate in this case.
Attached images
grf.GIF
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
See attachment for detailed graph on LFS.
Attached images
sigh.JPG
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG