The online racing simulator
#liveforspeed TBO round 8, week 18
(57 posts, started )
Quote from bunder9999 :you play LFS but you take driving lessons? sounds odd, but okay.

How is that odd?

Does LFS require a driving licence IRL? Do all the 13-17 year olds playing LFS have a driving licence? I think not.
in
Quote from bunder9999 :.

Can I correct your signature and say the amount of times you use that smiley is scary?
In
#30 - vari
passwords sent, signup closed
wont be able to make it tonight
Quote from zeugnimod :How is that odd?

Does LFS require a driving licence IRL? Do all the 13-17 year olds playing LFS have a driving licence? I think not.

no. no. i think you got me wrong.

but if you can barrel it around fern bay okay, why would anyone need driving lessons? my license expired over four years ago but i'm sure i could just jump into a car and drive... it's just like riding a bicycle.
Quote from bunder9999 :no. no. i think you got me wrong.

but if you can barrel it around fern bay okay, why would anyone need driving lessons? my license expired over four years ago but i'm sure i could just jump into a car and drive... it's just like riding a bicycle.

I don't think Zeug has his license yet :shhh:
That was very interesting evening.. few hard fights few missunderstandings.. but good places overall.

3rd 5th 6th
#35 - vari
shitty driving as always, but I managed to not be last, even after crashing twice. How was your first #liveforspeed race March Hare?
Very good evening, though i hated this track.
Q: 6., R1: 4., R2: 3... so i am very satisfied, i had great fun and everything, thanks to all.
Well, if you couldnt tell... I loved it

Quali- I felt I wouldnt make a good lap. But to hold 1st for some time then just dropped to 2nd after Three jump got in there I knew I would need to push hard.

1st race - Got a really good start, and managed to keep with Kamo. The end of the 1st lap I found myself on the side with overlap. But Kamo couldnt hold his line in the RWD XRT I was hit off and very annoyed, after the next lap I gained the inside on the last turn and held my line making the clean pass. Once I got past I just had to keep my tyres cool and the power down =P

2nd race - Starting near the back I didnt feel I had the luck to get into P1 again. 1st turn I took a few places and got into the mid pack and just shot into the pits after that 1st lap. Tyres were harder to keep cool but wasn't stopping me. I had a feeling that I wouldnt catch the 2 XRT's ahead but kept eating away at their times.

To take both wins after I said " The FXO will not last at this track". Its great

Can't wait for next week thanks for the great racing.
Quote from J@tko :I don't think Zeug has his license yet :shhh:

Indeed, why would I be having driving lessons if not for that reason?
Quote from zeugnimod :Indeed, why would I be having driving lessons if not for that reason?

my only guess would be that you're underage and looking for an insurance premium for taking driving lessons... i can't think of another reason for someone to take driving lessons... most people i know learned the hard way, "here's the keys, let's get going".

from my POV driving a road car for real is a lot simpler than driving a car in lfs.

i think i'm gonna stop here before we derail the thread too much.
Quote from bunder9999 :my only guess would be that you're underage and looking for an insurance premium for taking driving lessons... i can't think of another reason for someone to take driving lessons... most people i know learned the hard way, "here's the keys, let's get going".

That makes no sense.

You don't have driving licences in Canada? You just get keys and drive or what? I don't think so.
Quote from zeugnimod :That makes no sense.

You don't have driving licences in Canada? You just get keys and drive or what? I don't think so.

to get your beginners you write a 30 question multiple choice exam... to get your full license, you take a driving test. but for the most part, you write the exam and someone teaches you to drive... the hard way.
Quote from bunder9999 :to get your beginners you write a 30 question multiple choice exam... to get your full license, you take a driving test. but for the most part, you write the exam and someone teaches you to drive... the hard way.

And "someone teaching you to drive the hard way" isn't "taking driving lessons"?
Quote from zeugnimod :And "someone teaching you to drive the hard way" isn't "taking driving lessons"?

not in the same way as going to an education center and having a teacher teach you in one of those two-steering-wheeled cars.
Quote from bunder9999 :not in the same way as going to an education center and having a teacher teach you in one of those two-steering-wheeled cars.

Theoretical driving lesson: You go to some room with 20 others and one "teacher" talks about theoretical things for 90 minutes. After 10-15 times being there, you take your theory test.

Practical driving lesson: YOU drive the car with the teacher sitting next to you and "only" having additional pedals for himself, not another wheel.
WTF bunbun? You dont need lessons to get a license there? :/
Quote from Gil07 :WTF bunbun? You dont need lessons to get a license there? :/

nope, you only need it if you want an insurance reduction and a 2 month reduction in the time frame between getting your beginners [g1] and your probational-full license. [g2] (why the MTO even bothered with the g2 is beyond me, the restrictions between g2 and full-g are pretty slim)
Probational licenses? :/

Here you have theory lessons -> test. If you pass: practical lessons -> test. If you pass, full license...
Quote from CasseBent :shitty driving as always, but I managed to not be last, even after crashing twice. How was your first #liveforspeed race March Hare?

Happy to help.

Made way too many mistakes. Lack of an active LFS career is what hurts me. Always working while others are racing. And driving alone is just not the same.

#liveforspeed TBO round 8, week 18
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG