The online racing simulator
Round 3 - Post Race Discussion
Well i might as well start this off

Race 1 - well, not much happened......

Race 2 - I FAIL, again, sorry N.Murray my mistake. but at least i retire the proper way, in the pits box
#2 - J@tko
Great Race guys
Race 1 - Why noobs try to get 1 car more in tight corner when there is 1 already

Race 2 - Went pretty well. 14th lap i went wide on corner and messed my tires, was 13th. Well see if i continue racing here anymore...
my first and last race here in this league.... pretty disappointed....

in qualy there was someone who wanted to eat from my rearwing.... and in race it was like the star wars pod race.... nothing for me, sry.... have fun here in the league
#5 - J@tko
Next Round clashes with iTCC....?
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :my first and last race here in this league.... pretty disappointed....

in qualy there was someone who wanted to eat from my rearwing.... and in race it was like the star wars pod race.... nothing for me, sry.... have fun here in the league

+1, some ppl just rushed in the corner without caring about others, sounds like they havent raced in leagues much?
Good races, my first race was horrible - the whole first lap was full of driver after driver doing stupid passes and hanging me out on the grass or the slow side of the track, I lost a lot of places - can't remember how many exactly I'll have to watch the broadcast.

Maybe I'll see if I can switch to FXO, I fancy a chance of winning a race. fxo drivers wont be happy about that comment.
Quote from J@tko :Next Round clashes with iTCC....?

Bugger.....

Remember to PM me any reports you have. All in all, there was some excellent racing from several drivers. 2 stunning drives from Raymond though.

Points will be up soon
Quote from Wilko868 :Bugger.....

Remember to PM me any reports you have. All in all, there was some excellent racing from several drivers. 2 stunning drives from Raymond though.

Points will be up soon

Cant we just hand Raymond the championship hes is quite outstanding in that FXO, Congrats
Quote from EliteAti :+1, some ppl just rushed in the corner without caring about others, sounds like they havent raced in leagues much?

You guys should report those incidents. Atleast i had great racing in the middle.

Quali - Could have done better was hoping for under 57 time. Well 9th on the grid and really tight with the times.

Race 5 - Got an excellent start, well i had 4 wheel drive. Was 3rd into T1. Then some good racing and close fighting ended up 2nd. Used an experimental set and the tires werent that good, Void was really closing in in the last laps.

Race 6 - Again great start 4th i think to T1. Then whole race tight racing for positions. At the middle was 4th, had been 2nd but ChristiaNL managed to get past and pretty much at the same time Greybull too. Then they cathed up to the 1st car. Was hoping theyd battle it out and i'd benefit from that. Well it went almost like that, Greybull went wide after the second split and got him there at the same time Jack in the front went wide a bit and i managed to get right up his tail. Then in the mainstraight managed to keep in his slipstream and he did a mistake to T1 and went wide. Didn't see him braking at all there or he just took it too much inside.

Well 2nd. in both races is more then i hoped for from this high speed circuit.
As posted in our forum:

"Pretty poor performance this time.

Practiced more than I usually do, had a setup I was completely comfortable with... And then I was only 12th with a time .3 faster than my pb. "What am I doing here", thought with myself.

First race was bad... Had two big slides wich caused my rear right tyre to overheat. My setup was kinda oversteery to save front tyres, so I couldn't cool it down untill it was already too late. Had a nice fight with Jack McIntyre and still finished 7th, for my own surprise.

So at second race I started 2nd. Passed Yann because he was in a FXO, then McIntyre passed me. Santos were putting some pressure and it worked, lost a braking point looking at the mirror and went waaaaaay down the field. Was gaining some ground when I hit a tyre that had just appeared on the chicane: major spin. Recovered a few positions back and was catching EliteAti, but he touched a tyre on the chicane who got perfectly placed in front of me: near major spin, some seconds lost. Still passed EliteAti in the end but finished in an embarassing 12th position.

Next round please, nothing to see here."
That has got to be the very worst racing from me. I just couldnt get anything right. Kept falling off the track and then tyres played a part toward that too probably but still hope to be better at blackwood.
Qual: Times of the top 8 where really close together, .03 .04 .05. And in the last minute could snatch 2nd place. 1st place went to Blauwhoff in his FXO, so that meant 1st place in T1 for me :P

Race 1: Had some nice door 2 door racing with Blauwhoff, but as mine tires were getting hotter and hotter lost a few places. Could recover 3rd place in the last few laps again. Happy with the result.

Race 2: Start of the race was pretty packed. Someone sabotaged mine right rear suspension, which made the outside of the tire hotter than the innerside. So went sideways'ish through the corners and felt like Trulli (train). Decided to pit to fix it. Result dropped back to 17th and fought my way back to 14th.

Not bad results without practice, cya next time I think.
Quali : 7th - Managed to improve my PB for something like 0.5 seconds, so I was happy with that, even if I realised afterwards that I was only 0.03 seconds of 3rd place.

Race 1 : 8th - Got pushed on T1 and then a second time on T2, was 12th at the end of lap 1. I couldn't make my way through the field so easily, as my tyres overheated badly and as I was the victim of some optimistic BTCC manovers. Was 10th before the last lap, but I got the 8th place after an incident that occured in front. So, pole for the feature race.

Race 2 : 3rd - Lost 4 places on the start because of the poor traction of my FXO. I managed to catch up the front quickly, let pass Blauhoff, but passed Virtanen then, and took 3rd place. Had a very nice pace then, I was very surprised to see the tyres staying cool(thanks to Fuse for this nice set ). I battled with McIntyre for 2nd place then, but missed the braking point after the backstraight, and as I'm still on Z1 so have no ABS, blocked the tyres badly and damaged them a little bit. This allowed Virtanen to have a go. Then on the last laps I finally passed McIntyre, so, 3rd place, good when you know that my aim was only to get my first points in the series. That was also the first podium I had in a league in the last few month, so, well, I'm happy of this round.
Guys, it's Ramon not Raymond -.-
Quali: as expected

Sprint: Caught up in an accident at the downhill chicane on the second lap and off. My fault? Someone elses? Who cares! It's touring car racing. Started cathing up to Moore towards the end but made too many little mistakes.

Feature: Again part of an accident. This time on the first lap in T2. Turned in, scraped paint, got a lag boost and hit someones front fender with my rear fender and off I went. 14 seconds behind... Great. Driving all alone and going off all alone untill Moore pits. Some closeish action a nudge and off I go again. Just what I needed. Well got him back when he went for his DT penalty.

Things learned from this weekend:
1. Need more practise to be more consistent. (not consistently slow or consistently making mistakes)
2. Agressive starts are not for me. I need to hang back and let the others make the mistakes.
3. Need more close racing experience. Don't think I've had any close racing since the CTRA went bust.

Other than that is was a nice weekend.
Replays
Didn't see anybody posting the replays anywhere so here goes.

IMA 5.mpr
IMA 6.mpr

@Trekkerfahrer & EliteAti: Was interested to see why you guys felt you had such rotten races. Normal racing imo.
Quote from Jouman :@Trekkerfahrer & EliteAti: Was interested to see why you guys felt you had such rotten races. Normal racing imo.

I've changed my mind about RB4, should have not chosen it in first place, XRT is the fastest there for me...

And also some guys just rush in the corner, but if i had kept my raceline there would have been following sentences - OMG NOOB GTFO!!11!! -
Not so fair racing
I agree! Lots of cars passed me because they put themselves in impossible situations. If I hadn't backed off and given up the corner completely they would have crashed us both
I could read their thoughts as I lifted off the accelerator...(Man I'm so fast these guys are dropping like fly's!!)
Quote from Jouman :Didn't see anybody posting the replays anywhere so here goes.

IMA 5.mpr
IMA 6.mpr

@Trekkerfahrer & EliteAti: Was interested to see why you guys felt you had such rotten races. Normal racing imo.

Well, just for info, I'm always uploading the replays on spdo as soon as I leave IMA's server(unless I don't finish a race, like two weeks ago).

Oh, btw, Jouman, don't forget that because of your alienish skills, you didn't really see what was going on on the pack(unless you watched the full replays?). For having experimenting both mid-field battles and fights for the podiums, I can say that what was going on on the back was 10x worse than everywhere else.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Well, just for info, I'm always uploading the replays on spdo as soon as I leave IMA's server(unless I don't finish a race, like two weeks ago).

Oh, btw, Jouman, don't forget that because of your alienish skills, you didn't really see what was going on on the pack(unless you watched the full replays?). For having experimenting both mid-field battles and fights for the podiums, I can say that what was going on on the back was 10x worse than everywhere else.

Yeah watched the replays from their perspective, well fast forwarded a bit. Wont comment unless i have seen it

Round 3 - Post Race Discussion
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG