The online racing simulator
Picture too small?
(4 posts, started )
Picture too small?
I'm currently running a dual monitor setup (2 Acer AL1916Ws) and have been for quite some time. (2 years? Maybe a little longer)

Today I accidentally hit the 'auto config' button on the front of one of them while moving some stuff around on my desk. The moved the picture down to the left and made it smaller, so now the picture doesn't fit on the screen and everything is distorted a little. There's nothing I can find in the windows settings to correct this, hitting auto config gives the same result, and there's nothing in the monitor's own menu to correct this (I can move the picture a little, but can't re-size it). Restarting the computer does nothing.

This is getting highly irritating. I've had it happen before, but I can't remember how I fixed it. The resolution is still at the correct setting (1440x900, the native resolution of the monitor).

Any ideas?
Searched around on Google and it seems like some people had to actually install the Acer monitor drivers for autoconfig to work properly. I've never actually bothered installing monitor drivers but if you didn't do it for yours, I'd try that first. If you go into the device manager in windows, under your monitor if it shows "plug and play" or something, you don't have the official drivers.
I've got the most recent drivers installed but the problem is persisting. I was previously running 60Hz refresh rate, but I've just upped it to 75Hz and the picture now fills the screen in size, but still sits low (even when moved as high as it can go in the monitor settings)

I'm stumped. =/

[EDIT] After more screwing around with the settings on the monitor itself the auto button has finally set it proper. Don't know why it works now, but it does.
Does this monitor has PNP (Picture in picture) function? Maybe it somehow knew that u have 2 monitors and did it like PNP? Anyways, thats very wierd that it happened.

Picture too small?
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG