The online racing simulator
Did you know ?
(55 posts, started )
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Did you know the first CVT was from DAF?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C ... sly_variable_transmission

did you know Leyland DAF ( what i still call them... i think their just DAF now ) are on the brink of collapse... well worth a ball out... screw American manufactures... as far back i can remember they've been keeping the uk/Ireland ticking over... i was always on a leyland DAF bus, seen DAF trucks, even classics you still see more of them they any other as they lasted the test of time !

i just found out that my grand mother about 30/35 years ago, used to clean the local BAC ( British auto groups ) head quarters in Dublin...

she got to clean around MG's, jaguar e-types and many others, even got lifts in mini's ( brand new ! )

ahh, thats the life ladys and gentlemen
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :Did you know that light travels at 300,000 km/sec?

The speed of light is not constant - it depends on what medium it's passing through. In a vacuum it's roughly 300,000 Km/sec, but pass it through other things and it slows down (sometimes quite a lot...). Shine it through a Bose-Einstein Condensate, for example, and it could travel as slowly as 38 mph.
#29 - 5haz
Lada had a rotor engine but most of rotor ladas where for police
Did you know that delorian (back to the future car) only dose 80 MP/h
Did you know that nearly 99% of people with constipation don't really give a crap...

Quote from mcintyrej :Did you know that Lamborghini being a tractor manufacturer is quite well known?

Did you know that the Aston Martin is made by a tractor manufacturer called David Brown & that's what the D.B. stands for in their car names.
#35 - 5haz
If you shout at a cup of coffee for 8 years, you will have put enough energy in it to warm it up.
Did you know that it IS possible to smash a glass by singing?
Quote from shaun463 :Did you know that it IS possible to smash a glass by singing?

who did that PROF?
#38 - 5haz
I believe mythbusters did once.

I miss watching Mythbusters, was a laugh.
Quote from 5haz :I believe mythbusters did once.

I miss watching Mythbusters, was a laugh.

they did.
but still nothing can beat the episode where they tried super-hero myths
Quote from batteryy :they did.
but still nothing can beat the episode where they tried super-hero myths

did you also know that mythbusters is wrong on some things, too? Also, that episode was funny and cool. Why did I stop watching them?
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :did you also know that mythbusters is wrong on some things, too? Also, that episode was funny and cool. Why did I stop watching them?

Obviously they don't know everything but the majority of times, they are right. Name some things that they are wrong at?
#42 - Migz
One way of smashing a piece of glass(using sound) is to wet your finger and rub the outside of the glass in a circuler motion, which will make a sort of humming sound, then record this humming sound and play it back with a speaker facing the glass, then put it extremely loud and the glass will shatter

But to do it by singing would mean youd have to sing extremely loud, and at the same pitch as the sound the glass originally makes.
You could do it with a mic and speakers, I guess. >_>
Quote from Migz :One way of smashing a piece of glass(using sound) is to wet your finger and rub the outside of the glass in a circuler motion, which will make a sort of humming sound, then record this humming sound and play it back with a speaker facing the glass, then put it extremely loud and the glass will shatter

But to do it by singing would mean youd have to sing extremely loud, and at the same pitch as the sound the glass originally makes.

Any videos ? if yes , post them here
#45 - Migz
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Did you know the longest bridge is the Donghai bridge in china?

Nay. Not any more. Hangzhou Bay Bridge is 2 miles longer. And there are longer bridges still that don't cross seas.
Did you know that i have the Scirocco? Ha! i bet you didn't know that
Quote from aroX123 :Did you know that i have the Scirocco? Ha! i bet you didn't know that

Actually i didnt know, but Did you know i have it too?
#49 - 5haz
The Scirocco is named after a Southerly wind which brings hot and dusty air from North Africa across Southern Europe.
Did you know banks can hand out 14 times the actual capital they have got?

Did you know that besides Räikkönen, Rosberg and Häkkinen also a fourth finn has collected the F1 world championship drivers trophy, and this is the most common trivia question concerning F1 in Finland?

Did you know ?
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG