The online racing simulator
Carbon Fibre Body Parts Using MS-Paintbrush
Here's how to use MS-Paintbush to add carbon fibre body panels. This is for people that either don't have programs such as Adobe Photoshop, or Corel Draw, or just find it too damn complex, and want to do it in a simple, quick way. Just use the tools as each image describes, it's pretty straight forward.

The CF Tutorial zip file has all the steps in 1280x768 jpeg image format. (Reviised)
Tutorial Zip File Download

The Default Skins zip file has default skins, and 2 CF textures in 1024x1024 jpeg format.
1024x1024 Default Skins

Quote from Pablo Donoso :Here's how to use MS-Paintbush to add carbon fibre body panels. This is for people that either don't have programs such as Adobe Photoshop, or Corel Draw, or just find it too damn complex, and want to do it in a simple, quick way. Just use the tools as each image describes, it's pretty straight forward.

:clapclap:WOOO! YEAH! Great tutorial!! I am jumping with joy!! Thanks for this tutorial!
Good to see someone is making a little tud on paint for those indeed who find Abode to difficult. I have a slight suggestion, Try another carbon structure. This is way to rough. Doenst really look like carbon.

Try this one : http://www.lfs-gear.com/texturez.html

From the beloved Master Skinnerz.
Omg Gripdriver you're a bloody MORON!!!!!

Not only is it because I have Pablo on my ignore list because all he ever does is spam HUGE images and complete tosh, you not only quoted him, you quoted ALL THE HUGE FRICKING IMAGES. Like SERIOUSLY when will you learn.. :doh::doh::doh:

While I'm at it, that carbon fibre texture is not only terrible, it's also low res and it's not even on the bumpers properly.
lol
LMFAO @ people iggying yet still feel the need to comment, yet without contributing anything others can use, thus just taking up space.

My CF
looks different because it was NOT generated on someone's computer, it's a picture of real cf. I prefer using actual logos / textures, created textures look too synthetic.

My screenshots are big because my screen is 1280x768, and making it smaller only makes it harder to read for other people. That is not spam @ all. I never repeat the same post.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr : :clapclap:WOOO! YEAH! Great tutorial!! I am jumping with joy!! Thanks for this tutorial!

Omfg, u really had to quote this

Anyways, nice tutorial.
-
(Thunderhead) DELETED by Thunderhead
-
(Thunderhead) DELETED by Thunderhead
Pablo, Do everyone a favor and learn to use thumbnails, or attachments, please? While I myself do use a screen resolution of 1600x1200 most people huge images still screw up the forum formatting. Please be more considerate.

And another thing, while it is nice of you to make this tutorial, that texture is bad. Way too rough, over-zoomed and too low res.

Just use one of the textures niels linked.

And Grip driver- learn to not quote images.
(Yeah, like that will happen amirite?)
People, sorry for posting that rediculously long quote, it's just someone finally showed me how to use MS Paint right. So, my bad I guess. Still, thanks for the tutorial.

P.S. I am not a moron! I just got excited.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :thank you, please remember to becareful of this when quoting in future

you got that! I could avoid some flaming at me for my mistake.

(No offense people)

Just one thing... the pictures won't load for me. Is it my computer or what?
thanks
No sorry it's not your computer, Imageshack pulled a "photobucket", xD they are there, but sometimes the site breaks the image links, just doesn't load. I already deleted from my C:\, but as soon as they are working again, I'll add them to a zip file for anyone to download and use. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I clicked "view this post" expecting you to have put your text in some sort of weird formatting and well, guess what. I shant be doing it again. D:
=)
=) Sorry, I just like to be different with my own color code, but a few have asked me to use black, so I am from now on, I don't want anyone to stress over it.
That normally means "non bold' :|
im not dissing your work, as i appreciate its hard to do in paint but it doesnt actually look like carbon fibre, the weave is WAY too big..

you need to aim to get it a bit smaller, ive added a pic for reference.
Attached images
carbon.jpg
lol
lol! Thanks man, but mine are ghetto xD, I just like doing things quick, as long as it doesn't take 5 hours to make 1 skin, I'm happy, but I'll be the first to admit when it's "low quality", I got no shame... xD
I don't know I maybe sluggish but for me making skin takes far more than just 5 hr.
5hr its just basic details of the skin. Polishing, aligning, choosing colors that fit with the rest takes far more than this, but still i am probably just sluggish.
awesome! thanks for re-posting something that works!
hey Pablo. I tried this, and it sort of worked. This is the end result. What did I do wrong?
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :hey Pablo. I tried this, and it sort of worked. This is the end result. What did I do wrong?

:biggrinfl
Quote from Pablo Donoso :My CF looks different because it was NOT generated on someone's computer, it's a picture of real cf. I prefer using actual logos / textures, created textures look too synthetic.

And it is captured with 0.3 mpix camera, and after that, not zoomed
lol
There ya go, all done, saved space and revised the zip, because the first one I whipped up for Grip Driver in like 15 mins so he didn't have to wait for imageshack to re-link the images, plus I didn't want others to go through the same issue with that in the future. =)

For Grip: after masking off the area, don't save as (.jpg), save it as 24-bit bitmap image (.bmp), only save as .jpg after you paste the bitmap skin onto the texture.... lol, sorry, perhaps I should add that tip, because the way I do it, I mask off the area, then copy and paste it onto the texture, without saving until the skin is superimposed onto the texture, then I save as a jpg.

Bitmap doesn't compress the image when saved, so color remains exactly as it is created, but jpeg is an inter-changeable format and when saved, it is compressed and loses color quality. It's not your fault though grip, so no worries, k. =)
U need to make all the area with the same color (aka. pink?) and dont save it - it loses quality and then its not the same color. If u save, then maybe PNG wont ruin it because PNG format should be 100% quality (as saved).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG