The online racing simulator
I think they`re secretly testing vws on nordschleife, and because of un-realistic times done with that car, compared to IRL.. they are adjusting a few things. Just teasing .
C`mon guys, vent it out, let it fly. It ain`t gonna happen any time soon.
The more you anticipate it, the more you`ll be disappointed when it finally comes (maybe not in the first week or so..). Then you`ll ask for more, never to be happy unless something new is introduced, and so on.
Quote from Macfox :A few months is a gross understatement. When was S2 released?

A while back, however, the last significant release was about 9 months ago.

As for frequency, TBH, I think its always been around the same time frame between releases

25.06.2005: 0.5P - First official release with full S2 content, up to 20 cars per server

10 months

21.04.2006: 0.5T - Improved tyre & aero physics, a new car (BMW Sauber F1.06), two new configurations for Aston and much more

6 months

22.12.2006: 0.5V - New engine sound system, improved multiplayer, auto-patcher system and many small GUI and usability improvements

3 months

31.03.2007: 0.5W - Improved car sounds, various graphical updates, many small other improvements

3 months

08.06.2007: 0.5X - Improved multiplayer (up to 32 cars per server), pre-load added to clutch pack diffs, handicaps system, high-res skin downloading

6 months

21.12.2007: 0.5Y - Improved physics, updated tracks (South City and Blackwood), a new car (Formula BMW FB02), engine stall, clutch wear, AI improvement

7 months

02.07.2008: 0.5Z - New interiors for some cars, physics parameter updates, replay controls, demo licencing, and more langauge translations

9 months

XX.04.2009

@mclarenmatt

You obviously don't "get it", that is NEVER going to happen, never has, never will, this is LFS development, like it or lump it.
Quote from Huru-aito :It's hard to report on whatever you've been doing when you can't go into specifics (because some things they work on might not make it into LFS at all and people get angry because they were "promised" something in the dev blog), and when the work has been done on stuff that isn't up for release for the next year or so (and could still get canceled).

This much is obvious, but if the devs have so much content that isn't up for release for a long time, or would be cancelled anyway, that would mean they need a project manager or even (prepare to be shocked) a BOSS more than anything to manage things for them. That much was already becoming rather clear at the point when the GUI and language translation changes seemed to have become the main priority of development.

Developers talking about stuff in interviews and blogs that they planned to have in their game but didn't in the end always happens, with pretty much every commercial game. Even with LFS (rally pack and LX8). Total blackout of information will win you no hearts, not in the long run.

Quote from Huru-aito :Things do change, existing plans and scheduled changes are thrown out the window when a new, interesting opportunity arises (like FBM, VWS). If there would be a solid plan set, then it would be easy to post progress reports. But having a plan would mean that any new deals for cars or tracks or whatever would bring results in a timeframe of years, not months. This would steer the deals towards other sims that can respond quicker..

Having a plan is one thing, but if you don't have any plan at all, you won't have any progress. If you have a plan that you keep constantly changing, that won't get you very far either. Example, you start programming a feature, get it done to 50%, then change your plan and do something else and finish it up to 50%, then start doing something else again and finish it up to 50%. The result? Three unfinished things that aren't ready for release and you'll have nothing new to release. I have a feeling the AI patch went a bit like this, sure they improved a little bit, but it feels like their development had stopped at that 50% mark and something else grabbed the priority from honing the AI to perfection.

It's obvious you have to change or cancel something when shit hits the fan, but it's not like that could have been happening for this long now. Success = motivation + solid plan.
Quote from danowat :@mclarenmatt

You obviously don't "get it", that is NEVER going to happen, never has, never will, this is LFS development, like it or lump it.

I know I never said it was going to happen.

It's just if the devs would change their approach to updates it might help a bit.

Anyway I only want the updates not the car, I can see why people who want the car are moaning so much though.
Quote from mclarenmatt :It's just if the devs would change their approach to updates it might help a bit.

But thats the point, they won't
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :How come Scawen doesn't post anymore?

Because if he post he will just throw fuel on the fire. People will moan about stuff they do not agree on, ask xxxxx number of questions about the development, post xxx happy threads and pot xxxx moan threads and make forum less user friendly.
Don't think there is anything he can say that works out good, unless it's actually concret information and date on the patch.
blah blah blah.

anyway, i moved about the same time as scawen, into a brand spankers new house. well now the whole house has wood floors, its fully painted, blinds are in, theatre room just needs the screen done, gardens are 90% complete including swings and trampoline for the kids, while doing all that my business has doubled in size, bought out another business, got a $100,000 dollar loan for new equipment, hired 3 new staff members and i'm currently working on acquiring a new franchise for half a million dollars, on a side note i'm 60k short if anyone has some spare cash.

and in that time lfs has progressed to where? hmm.
you guys need a plan, without one.., well without one you guys get exactly where you are now.
Quote from The Very End :I still don't get it, Scirocco looks shit, but people are all over the place to drive it <.<
But, any addition is a nice addition, imo we have a good car selection now, but the tracks are lacking.
(just look how long the FBM and BF1 was popular before people got tired of them).

Tor, I am sure your DD server will use Scirocco some time
Refuse Scirocco Make BMW M3 E92 or openwheel Type car.
Quote from NoFear1989 :Refuse Scirocco Make BMW M3 E92 or openwheel Type car.

I dont know if to or :doh:
Any game that is being constantly updated for 7 years?
Quote from NoFear1989 :Refuse Scirocco Make BMW M3 E92 or openwheel Type car.

Refuse Demo User Suggestions Make THEM BUY S2 or s1 Type license.
Quote from Shadowww :Refuse Demo User Suggestions Make THEM BUY S2 or s1 Type license.

Its REALLY nesessery ?
Quote from Shadowww :Refuse Demo User Suggestions Make THEM BUY S2 or s1 Type license.

Why the hell are you so angry at demo racers? All you ever do is insult them and whine at them. If I remember correctly you were a demo racer for a long time, I bet you weren't pleased with any hating comments said about you.
Quote from mcintyrej :Why the hell are you so angry at demo racers? All you ever do is insult them and whine at them. If I remember correctly you were a demo racer for a long time, I bet you weren't pleased with any hating comments said about you.

Exactly my thought.....
Nothing new from that user
Quote from mcintyrej :Why the hell are you so angry at demo racers? All you ever do is insult them and whine at them. If I remember correctly you were a demo racer for a long time, I bet you weren't pleased with any hating comments said about you.

Just because they suggest things that LFS does not needs and then cry they have no NoS.
Quote from tiagolapa :Nothing new from that user

Nothing new from you either.
Quote from Shadowww :Just because they suggest things that LFS does not needs and then cry they have no NoS.

Just because you have S2 it does not make you any greater or better in any way than they.....
Quote from Shadowww :Just because they suggest things that LFS does not needs and then cry they have no NoS.

I did nothing :haha:

Like you used to do? Oh.. right.. not everyone "like that".

So every single demo user suggests stupid things? No they don't stop being so stupid, as I said - you were a demo racer for a long time.
Quote from STF :Like you used to do? Oh.. right.. not everyone "like that".

I never wanted NoS, 100psi turbo or superchargers in LFS, only thing I wanted was XF DAF
Quote from mcintyrej :So every single demo user suggests stupid things? No they don't stop being so stupid, as I said - you were a demo racer for a long time.

Not every single, but E92 is stupid suggestion.
I was thinking about this today. I mean. I've had alot of good value for money play out of LFS. Let's look at the evidence shall we.

1) 24 measly sguiggles. I mean, I pay that to my local landlord most nights, and thats just my beer.

2) I paid for that, oof, nearly two (maybe more) years ago.

3) Lets just look at that again shall we . . . . 24quid. Two years ago. I'm still playing.

4)2 Years ago, the devs could have thrown a few bells and whistles at LFS, chucked another 10 quid on top of the 24, released a pretty good, but not perfect (but then, what is) racing simulator. And walked away.

5) They could have walked away.

6) They didn't

7) My 24 quid has payed for a product. I'm using that product. WHAT IT HAS NOT PAID FOR IS EXTRA CONTENT. The devs provide that out of :-The goodness of their hearts. :- A sensible community based marketing strategy that will generate more income in the future when we all upgrade to S3 final.

8)THEY DO NOT OWE US ANY MORE CONTENT!!!

9) LFS is a WIP, it's all in the small print. In fact, thats why I paid my money, to contribute to the ethos behind the development of this game. Fair play to 'em I say. I wish I had the nouce to be able to do it.

So, to recap. Extra content is a bonus, not a garantee. For 24 pounds we have, quite frankly, an excellent product that whilst not without it's flaws is a damn sight better than alot of products I buy for more.

This continual need to feel your being treated in a special way by being drip fed new content, new maps, new guns, new cars, new layouts, new pron, new everything. This is why we're in a global credit crunch. Just be thankful for what you have received. You are NOT owed anything by anyone.
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG