The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from SilverArrows77 :The more i read here and look at iRacing vids etc, the more interested I am becoming in giving this a go.

New PC coming in next month, plus a G25 to replace the MOMO - think then i will definately be handing over some money for a subscription

It's easy for us lot to build iRacing up, it's not great, trying to do set-ups is a nightmare due to the tyre modeling, let alone the lack of transmission modeling.

What is great is the tracks and the FFB as well as the guarenteed clean racing. When I say clean I mean everyone trying to be clean, doesn't always work that way.

If you like Oval then there is nothing out there even to compare or comes close to iRacing.

The system with iRating and safety rating, although flawed, is as good as you will ever get with online racing. It's like the LFS CTRA but with getting punished for bad driving automatically.

Also wherr as the CTRA system gave you points gallore for the number of races you enter, the iRacing system gives you points for where you finish....i.e. the better you are the more points (iRating) you gain regardless of how often you race.

So for someone that has 10 hours a week or 140 hours a week to spend it doesn't matter.

Anyway in conclusion.

LFS was the first online racing that got me hooked, bravo, I actually really like the simbin sims, regardless of the slagging they get, the cars tracks and fun is great. rfactor just doesn't do it for me uynfortunately

iRacing is a league on it's own right now when everything is considered.

I haven't speel checked or even read this post so sorry for any mistakes
Quote from SilverArrows77 :really? thats excellent, i was wondering about their server locations. Thats me sold then i think, if they do that

EDIT: yep ill certainly be going into it on short term outlook at first until i get a fair idea of how much i like/dislike it

So you haven't tried it at all yet? Make sure you do the free one month trial through Radical, that way you get a free car and track to start off with.

Edit: apparently this has been mentioned multiple times already
Quote from StableX :I had those issues when I changed the ingame sound to my creative card in the iracing options, rather than what it was originally stating default mapper. When I changed it back the volume increased and voice chat was louder.

I tried going back to default and the in game sounds were still really loud. I wasn't online so I don't know if it fixed voice chat or not, I'll see about that later on.
With lowest settings iRacing is not all that demanding on system, but it's also fairly ugly to look at and that can be real immersion breaker. While graphics are generally not all that important in racing sims, I absolutely love real time cockpit shadows in iRacing.
I have a question. If you take the month free trial with access to the Radical & Silverstone & then bail out without renewing. When you do decide to purchase a membership do you still get to keep the Radical & Silverstone?.
Quote from anttt69 :I have a question. If you take the month free trial with access to the Radical & Silverstone & then bail out without renewing. When you do decide to purchase a membership do you still get to keep the Radical & Silverstone?.

Sure do.
Quote from UncleBenny :I don't think so, I don't have surround speakers so I'm pretty sure I put it on stereo.

I also have to turn my volume way up to actually hear anything in iRacing, so when I go back to Windows the volume is like 2 or 3 times as much as what it usually would be. PMD do you have that problem too? That isn't a huge problem since I've gotten into the habit of adjusting the sound going in and out of the game, but I wonder if certain sound cards just don't play nice with iRacing. I've got a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS, for the record.

Solved my problem. I actually had the pit spotter volume buttons mapped instead of the voice chat, and since I didn't have the spotter on I didn't notice that was what I was turning up so loud. When I actually mapped the right buttons I was able to turn up the voice chat volume and now I can hear people.
So, do you guys potentially want a LFS league? Any ideas?
Quote from Jertje :So, do you guys potentially want a LFS league? Any ideas?

RaceSim Radical League
Does the Radical still handle like a turd in iRacing?

+1 for a skippy league .
Quote from anttt69 :Does the Radical still handle like a turd in iRacing?

+1 for a skippy league .

Yes, but Skippy is all the car you need for happy life.
You know you guys want to hold a community vote.

Obviously it's going to be legends road, as it's the best thing out there.
Quote from PMD9409 :

+1^infinity
I think the spec racer ford would be awesome, but we'll have to wait to see how it drives.

SRF and road atlanta gahhh cannot wait.
I'm getting the FORD GT - damn right!
Quote from StableX :I'm getting the FORD GT - damn right!

Where are you douche bag, I need some competition sick of beating everyone in lFS :P

(I wish)
Quote from PMD9409 :You know you guys want to hold a community vote.

SRF and Skippy mixed class if possible. Then I have a chat with John Henry and he fixes us a track schedule that consists exclusively of Infineon layouts, Jefferson and Laguna Seca
Quote from AlienT. :Where are you douche bag, I need some competition sick of beating everyone in lFS :P

(I wish)

After this next week mate, I get a license upgrade. Then I'll be radical ready! Though I can't get enough Mazda at the moment... amazing to drive!!!!
Quote from Gabkicks :http://www.virtualr.net/iracingcom-indycars-coming-soon/

People have guessed that iRacing would get IRL cars for a while now, and it looks like there will be a "big announcement" soon. I just want some decent tintops ASAP tbh. but this will be nice to have too.

I'd just love them to be announcing we're getting BATHURST and an Aussie V8!

However, Indycar would be cool also. Too much US content though and not enough global
Quote from StableX :I'd just love them to be announcing we're getting BATHURST and an Aussie V8!

However, Indycar would be cool also. Too much US content though and not enough global

Just think of it this way, they are getting it over with.

@Car selection: Lets just do the SRF, should be closer racing and more fun overall.
Quote from SilverArrows77 : that would have many people downunder considering siging up

best close racing you can get. the driving and the tracks are kick arse!
Got in a race with Marcos Ambrose in the legends, was hoping I could race him but I got wrecked in the classic t1 incident.
iRacing content is growing fast. Cool new cars announced. Still waiting to see the legendary lotus 79 in action. If only it was a little bit cheaper:weeping:
Any word on when Mosport will be coming? I've got the free Radical promotion code thing, but I haven't set up an account yet because I want to give Mosport a try too....
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG