The online racing simulator
Ghetto Handbrake Build
(15 posts, started )
Ghetto Handbrake Build
Hi,

I started another thread in this section a couple of days ago because I have to many controller and didnt know what to do with them. TagForce suggested that I use my Thrustmaster's electronics in order to make an e-brake. I decided to do things easier and litterally use the pedals as a e-brake.

I started with those Thrustmaster 360 Modena pedals...

I took them apart so I could see how I would turn them into a e-brake...

And this is my plan. I will screw a piece of wood (Green) in front of the gaz pedal axis. On top of this, I will put the e-brake arm itself (Yellow) which will rotate on a hinge (Grey) and hit the gaz pedal. I took a pot off from the gaz axis so its really easy to put it down, shouldnt break anything once it's finished. Here's the pic:

I will keep this thread updated as I build the thing. Comments welcome.

Nice little project. You gonna be moving that motor over and cutting the width down?
This was the idea I had a long time ago before I made mine out of an old shifter.

Labels just incase you can't read them:

Metal Pole
Hinge
Flip all 180 degrees (upside down)
Part to trap pole
Attached images
aa.JPG
#4 - G!NhO
why not make more of a rally type handbrake?
also easier to make i think, just put a metal rod on the pedal and your done.
#5 - JEP
Good idea mate, mybe i"ll will try it out.

JEP.
Oh well, I was cleaning stuff around today and I found this:

I drilled a few holes in it, and since it's a ghetto handbrake, I fixed it to the pedal axis with zipties:

This is how the whole thing look:

Ingame the ebrake is working perfectly, very easy to pull and it doesnt get stuck at 15% or so like I saw on some other handbrakes. Next step will be to take the wheel apart and put all the electronics in a small box instead of having the wheel taking up all the space.

hahaha zip ties for the win. now all u need is some duct tape on there and it will be true racer quick fix style HAH

very inventive nice job

here is a pic of the one i built case if u wanted to get some more ideas mine is was moddled after the EXACT throw amount of my hydrolic hand brake on my " toy " car

not trying to steal your thread but the more ideas the better ehh

good luck and congrats
Attached images
102_2625.JPG
102_2627.JPG
102_2661.JPG
102_2626.JPG
So, how does the stapler fit into the project?
lol idk it was just on the desk when I took the pics.

Asylum: Crank showed me those pics and a vid last night. Very nice.
wow nice and simple, you should pull it all apart and make it a little better but well done just the same. i got mine working fairly easy, i used a gamepad first then moved onto a proper controller. check my blog for details. http://mysimracerproject.blogspot.com/
Real ghetto style !
That's clever!
Awesome job.
Love it all. Ghetto ftw. I especially like the way u walk, sit, steer(teh mm) and express your emotion. I thought of another ghetto VR mod for ya. Ducktape the laptop to ur helmet upside down and flip the image in windows

Keep it sidewayz big bear.

Ghetto Handbrake Build
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG