The online racing simulator
I think inline hybrids are more likely. not the hybrids we have now, but ones where the engine never drives the vehicle.

Trains have been running inline hybrid systems for years, you get a diesel engine to run a generator and have traction motors drive the wheels. There isn't one train that runs the wheels from the diesel motor, it would require a retardedly large torque converter or a clutch that would last probably one stop and go.

The best way to make the transition from gas to electic technology is to go with an inline hybrid. A reletively small engine runs a generator, like a v-twin or something small like that, and the power comes from the generator, gets stored in a small bank of batteries and runs the motors.

Imagine a car that produces 200hp from electric motors and never needs to be pluged in, as long as you have fuel in the tank you can go. The tank doesn't need to be nearly as big as on a gas only vehicle, and with regenerative braking you can fly around the city on very little fuel.
Click the link, remove http:// and hit enter.
#32 - 5haz
why you think that electric car need to intake air?
funny you guys started a topic about electric f1 cars.

a team is busy building an electric f1 car. doesn't look bad at all! but i don't think they will get the same speed as f1 these days.

here is one pic:
Could you make the picture bigger please. I can't see it here from my vantage point on the international space station. Ta.
lol
lol I agree tristan, things like radiators and air ducts wouldnt be needed since electric motors dont run on air, it would probably have huuuge heat sinks though xD I wonder which would get hotter though, a normal combustion engine, or electric motor, I'm sure the engine would get hotter, but then electricity is really hot too, when you think about it xD... kinda like which came first, the chicken or the egg

- sebby
Electric car>Hybrid>Hydrogen car
Electric cars run on stored energy, hydrogen is stored too, but will lose much energy in the process and hybrids are a bit in between.
Quote from Pablo Donoso : lol I agree tristan, things like radiators and air ducts wouldnt be needed since electric motors dont run on air, it would probably have huuuge heat sinks though xD I wonder which would get hotter though, a normal combustion engine, or electric motor, I'm sure the engine would get hotter, but then electricity is really hot too, when you think about it xD... kinda like which came first, the chicken or the egg

- sebby

motor & battery still need some air port to cool down, but it is less than IC Engine very much.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG