The online racing simulator
Oh man, this is really getting good. Awesome seeing Alonso bringing it in P2.
I think they will be relatively light, 2 or 3 laps lighter than the Brawns perheps.

Brawn still have superior race pace though, just wait and see if Alonso will keep falling down the order like in last race.
Nice quali, i dont think RBR will be able to win the race. I wounder how light Alonso is, and how heavy the brawns are.
RBR has quite a big advantage in high speed corners so thats why were seeing them at the top.

Alonso would be light as hell, so i doubt he would be much of a threat.

The Brawn should be right up with them in the race though so it should be intresting, but Red Bull do have a better driver line up imo.
Quote from Mustafur :but Red Bull do have a better driver line up imo.

I beg to differ, one of the youngest driver on the grid, and one of the unluckiest driver on the grid.... :P
the grid seems ok, but im not sure about the brawns, because i think one of them will go off or push someone off the track in the first laps.as for hamilton it should be a good race for him,stariting in a good position...
Didn't see qualifying but I am hearing Vettel blocked Kova in Q2 while he was on a quick lap and he could be in trouble. Alonso pole?
Alonso looked pretty unhappy as he walked to the weight-check. He probably has very little fuel in there, and was hoping to snatch the pole. I guess we'll find out when the car weights are announced.
Quote from Intrepid :Didn't see qualifying but I am hearing Vettel blocked Kova in Q2 while he was on a quick lap and he could be in trouble. Alonso pole?

I saw the footage and this will be hard to penalise, Vettel is closely behind a bmw i think it was and he was blocked him self so Vettel can't be blamed but either can the person in front as i doubt they were even in the postion to see kovy.

But Knowing FIA Vettel will be punished.
Quote from D.Zanetti :I beg to differ, one of the youngest driver on the grid, and one of the unluckiest driver on the grid.... :P

Vettel is young but this hes in his 3rd season now so he drives much older then hes age and hes world champion material.

Webber is very unlucky but hes equal with button in skill.
Quote from Jertje :Alonso looked pretty unhappy as he walked to the weight-check. He probably has very little fuel in there, and was hoping to snatch the pole. I guess we'll find out when the car weights are announced.

That makes sense as his Q2 Vs Q3 deficit wasn't that great. Also some teams don't to run the softs for too long so an aggressive strategy at the start on softs makes sense. The Kers will allow him to hold position easier than anyone else too.

Q2 Vs Q3 time difference

Alonso = +0.5
Vettel = +1
Hamilton +2.8
Quote from Intrepid : The Kers will allow him to hold position easier than anyone else too.

Renault doesn't have KERS this weekend.
I think the entire top 3 was low on fuel.. if not, they did an awesome job.. especially the RBR cars.. no kers, no diffeuser.. nothing.. just a plain low flying fighter jet
Quote from Mustafur :I saw the footage and this will be hard to penalise, Vettel is closely behind a bmw i think it was and he was blocked him self so Vettel can't be blamed but either can the person in front as i doubt they were even in the postion to see kovy.

But Knowing FIA Vettel will be punished.

coulthard pointed out that heidfeld blocked him for the same reason last year and both of the cars in front of coulthard got penalised. bit silly really, what is the second car supposed to do, drive through the car in front ?
Quote from tinvek :coulthard pointed out that heidfeld blocked him for the same reason last year and both of the cars in front of coulthard got penalised. bit silly really, what is the second car supposed to do, drive through the car in front ?

Shift+S obviously
Nice quali! Impressive stuff from Vettel. In total he did 3 fast laps in whole of qualifying. And Massa is where he supposed to be! Makes me laugh when you see him talking to the press about still winning the championship.....

Car Weights:

1. Vettel 644.0kg
2. Alonso 637.0kg
3. Webber 646.5kg
4. Barichello 661.0kg
5. Button 659.0kg
6. Trulli 664.5kg
7. Rosberg 650.5kg
8. Raikkonen 673.5kg
9. Hamilton 679.0kg
10. Buemi 673.0kg
11. Heidfeld 679.0kg
12. Kovalainen 697.0kg
13. Massa 690.0kg
14. Glock 652.0kg
15. Nakajima 682.7kg
16. Bourdais 690.0kg
17. Piquet 697.9kg
18. Kubica 659.0kg
19. Sutil 648.0kg
20. Fisichella 679.5kg

Brawns heavier than top 3, just as expected.
1. Vettel 644.0kg - ok, it's strategy, but still nicely done
2. Alonso 637.0kg - yup i expected this
3. Webber 646.5kg - nice ;p
4. Barichello 661.0kg - o yea baby, finally barrichello winning that button
5. Button 659.0kg - it would be lame if he would be winning barrichello all the time
6. Trulli 664.5kg - nice ;p
7. Rosberg 650.5kg - poor rosberg, looks like williams isn't that good
8. Raikkonen 673.5kg - w00t, almost as heavy as hamilton, and in front of him, despite lewis' diffuser
9. Hamilton 679.0kg - probably wrong strategy imo
10. Buemi 673.0kg - awesome stuff
11. Heidfeld 679.0kg - o yea, eat it kubica
12. Kovalainen 697.0kg - dayum man, stop getting owned by lewis
13. Massa 690.0kg - oh c'mon i know you can do better
14. Glock 652.0kg - lol boi
15. Nakajima 682.7kg - and this shows how bad williams really is
16. Bourdais 690.0kg - lawl, buemi owned him bigtime
17. Piquet 697.9kg - larl dude, bigtime ownage by alonso for 100th time, i think he should be really kicked out of f1 finally, there has to be some better young talents. Unlike rosberg, pique is embarrassing his father's name :/
18. Kubica 659.0kg - what happened here :|
19. Sutil 648.0kg - wadda
20. Fisichella 679.5kg - o hi

it's gonna be interesting to see strategy race between RedBull and Brawn
Quote from N I K I :
13. Massa 690.0kg - oh c'mon i know you can do better

No see, thats the problem.... He cant
Surprisingly huge amounts of fuel in q3 imo, especially with graining issues. Maybe they're expecting rainand don't want to pit before it arrives.
Quote from N I K I :
8. Raikkonen 673.5kg - w00t, almost as heavy as hamilton, and in front of him, despite lewis' diffuser

Hamilton doesn't even have a complete double decker diffuser yet, think it is still in development.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Surprisingly huge amounts of fuel in q3 imo, especially with graining issues. Maybe they're expecting rainand don't want to pit before it arrives.

I heard from FP1 that the Mclaren was looking after it's tyres better then most teams so maybe their strategy isn't so wacky.
Quote from sam93 :Hamilton doesn't even have a complete double decker diffuser yet, think it is still in development.

well ye but RBR's have an old diffuser...

GOGO RBR !!!
Quote from Alles :well ye but RBR's have an old diffuser...

GOGO RBR !!!

Mclaren have updated say about 5% of the aerodynamics, they still need to update the other 95% lol. When the Spanish GP comes along, Mclaren have said they should have a whole new aero package and have it on their car.

Mclaren and Ferrari will get back on pace and will be the front runners again, they have too much money not to get back on form.
Quote from Alles :well ye but RBR's have an old diffuser...

GOGO RBR !!!

:rolleyes:
Quote from sam93 :Mclaren and Ferrari will get back on pace and will be the front runners again, they have too much money not to get back on form.

Yeah, it totally worked for Toyota!

Seriously though, tomorrow should be an interesting affair and it's one time where I actually don't want it to rain to see how things really are in terms of performance. How long will the soft tyres actually deliver times for? When will teams choose to use them?

Formula 1 2009 Chinese GP
(315 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG