The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Top250 is suprisingly easy, you don't need to be alien to get there. For an example I used to be a typical midpack runner on CTRA and on iRacing road side I'm currently ranked 132th and slowly climbing up.
Awesome job Crommi well done mate ....
Quote from Crommi :Top250 is suprisingly easy, you don't need to be alien to get there. For an example I used to be a typical midpack runner on CTRA and on iRacing road side I'm currently ranked 132th and slowly climbing up.

BTW nice setups you posted for the mazda
Quote from Crommi :Top250 is suprisingly easy, if you're Finnish

Corrected.

I must say it's not that easy, maybe I should try some other car as most of the guys driving the Radical are way better than me unfortunately

To be in the top 250 you must have some Alien tendancies? Have you looked in the mirror recently? notice even a hint of green skin and large eyes?
Quote from Crommi :Top250 is suprisingly easy, you don't need to be alien to get there. For an example I used to be a typical midpack runner on CTRA and on iRacing road side I'm currently ranked 132th and slowly climbing up.

Impressive job. I tried to find a rank somewhere, but I don't know where you got that figure from. Is it an iRating rank or something? How do you know you are 132th?

Another question. How are the season standings calculated? Because looking at Luke Mclean for example, he has the best stats in this seasons skip barber standings as far as I can tell but is only 50th?
Dave,

On the home page go into STATS then pick DRIVERS, you can then see rankings based on iRatings for both the Road and Oval. At present you need an iRating of 3057 to be in the top 250 for road and an iRating of 3145 to be in the top 250 for Oval.
Quote from AlienT. :Dave,

On the home page go into STATS then pick DRIVERS, you can then see rankings based on iRatings for both the Road and Oval. At present you need an iRating of 3057 to be in the top 250 for road and an iRating of 3145 to be in the top 250 for Oval.

*Facepalm*. I can't believe I missed this section, thanks!
Really cool to see Dale Earnhardt Jr 3rd in the list. I used to race a bit with him in the lower licensed cars but he seems to mainly do the high licensed stuff these days. nice guy though and chatty too
Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to hear what other people are saying over the noise of the engine? I mapped the chat volume buttons to keyboard keys and tried to turn it up as high as possible but I still can just barely hear that people are talking.
Quote from UncleBenny :Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to hear what other people are saying over the noise of the engine? I mapped the chat volume buttons to keyboard keys and tried to turn it up as high as possible but I still can just barely hear that people are talking.

I have this problem too. But the weirdest thing is that if I use my speakers instead of headphones I can hear everything perfectly fine.
Quote from PMD9409 :I have this problem too. But the weirdest thing is that if I use my speakers instead of headphones I can hear everything perfectly fine.

Weird, I'm using headphones too. I should try going online without the headphones to see if that works.
Quote from UncleBenny :Weird, I'm using headphones too. I should try going online without the headphones to see if that works.

I can hear most people fine with headphones, and I don't have the chat volume maxed out either. Have you got surround sound enabled in the sim without surround headphones? I guess something like that could screw up the volume balance.
I don't think so, I don't have surround speakers so I'm pretty sure I put it on stereo.

I also have to turn my volume way up to actually hear anything in iRacing, so when I go back to Windows the volume is like 2 or 3 times as much as what it usually would be. PMD do you have that problem too? That isn't a huge problem since I've gotten into the habit of adjusting the sound going in and out of the game, but I wonder if certain sound cards just don't play nice with iRacing. I've got a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS, for the record.
I had those issues when I changed the ingame sound to my creative card in the iracing options, rather than what it was originally stating default mapper. When I changed it back the volume increased and voice chat was louder.
Interesting, I'll try switching it when I get home.
Quote from UncleBenny :I don't think so, I don't have surround speakers so I'm pretty sure I put it on stereo.

I also have to turn my volume way up to actually hear anything in iRacing, so when I go back to Windows the volume is like 2 or 3 times as much as what it usually would be. PMD do you have that problem too? That isn't a huge problem since I've gotten into the habit of adjusting the sound going in and out of the game, but I wonder if certain sound cards just don't play nice with iRacing. I've got a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS, for the record.

I think it has something to do with what Liff said with surround sound etc. In the COT for example it is so loud that I can't hear the person talking. In the DP it's so quiet (the car) and I might be able to sound out a couple things that people say.

I had a cheap headset before, but surround sound speakers, so I think that could be it. Guess I got to go grab a half decent headset.

On another note: Anyone else read about leagues? I read that only 30 people can sign-up for a given league (and only 1 per week), and that there is no SR/IR for those races. As well as the schedule goes along with whatever car you pick. So basically it is their system but you decide when you and your drivers are going to race (with no IR/SR included). In other words: Bah!
Quote from PMD9409 :On another note: Anyone else read about leagues? I read that only 30 people can sign-up for a given league (and only 1 per week), and that there is no SR/IR for those races. As well as the schedule goes along with whatever car you pick. So basically it is their system but you decide when you and your drivers are going to race (with no IR/SR included). In other words: Bah!

I thought the system sounded okay, but then I guess I didn't expect it to be any more free than that. It seems one of the main concerns they wanted to address with the league system are the complaints about not being able to get to know any of the drivers better when you don't have a chance to race with the same group constantly.

The schedule doesn't actually go by the car you pick, but you can choose any car from the game and any of the official schedules for a season. At least that's how I understood it. Therefore you could have a Skippy league running the official short oval schedule of Late Models, for example.
I guess it makes sense because they don't want everyone jumping to leagues and not doing the normal weekly schedule. I know people were hoping for more control over their leagues though, especially if you have to pay a fee for it like was mentioned. I don't really care either way because I'm not planning on jumping into any leagues in the near future, I'm kind of enjoying the freedom of not having a scheduled time I have to race during the week.
Quote from AlienT. :
I must say it's not that easy, maybe I should try some other car as most of the guys driving the Radical are way better than me unfortunately

To be in the top 250 you must have some Alien tendancies? Have you looked in the mirror recently? notice even a hint of green skin and large eyes?

Well it's pretty easy if you just drive the lower licenced cars. I've done most of my racing in the Advanced Solstice, and I'm # 111 in iRating! It's a bit silly that I should be able to join the pro series when I've never even touched the cars they're going to use.. I'm struggling enough with the Skippy, so I can't imagine what the top cars are like..!
Confirmed that Nationwide Impala SS is coming soon.

Hmm, sponsors on the hood and quarter panel? I thought I remembered hearing something about that at one point, maybe that's coming soon as well?
Quote from Gnomie :Well it's pretty easy if you just drive the lower licenced cars. I've done most of my racing in the Advanced Solstice, and I'm # 111 in iRating! It's a bit silly that I should be able to join the pro series when I've never even touched the cars they're going to use.. I'm struggling enough with the Skippy, so I can't imagine what the top cars are like..!

hey gnomie.... bypass the skippy for the Downforced Mazda - it's kick arse
Not my kind of thing, really. I never was a Formula fan. I think the Mustang will be my next purchase, whenever it's out. Or maybe the Spec Racer Ford.
Quote from PMD9409 :I had a cheap headset before, but surround sound speakers, so I think that could be it. Guess I got to go grab a half decent headset.

Check whether your sound settings are correct after you plugged in the headset (i.e. not retain the surround setting)

If the multichannel output is not correctly downmixed to stereo, you will only hear the two front channels or the relative volume of the various channels will be messed up.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :The more i read here and look at iRacing vids etc, the more interested I am becoming in giving this a go.

New PC coming in next month, plus a G25 to replace the MOMO - think then i will definately be handing over some money for a subscription

Safe the money (for now) and try to get the free month from Radical (if that's still available)... After that month, you'll know whether iRacing is worth it for you or not...
Quote from SilverArrows77 :New PC coming in next month, plus a G25 to replace the MOMO - think then i will definately be handing over some money for a subscription

That's pretty good timing for you, since John Henry said in a chat yesterday that they'd be setting up Australian servers in May. But as bbman said, definitely take advantage of the Radical trial to see whether you like the system or not.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG