The online racing simulator
[SR] UF1 Championship
(55 posts, started )
[SR] UF1 Championship
Welcome to the SR UF1 Championship.

Our server is named [SR] UF1 Racing and we use the Airio Tracker for race control. Tracks rotate after every 8 races, and you can vote to end race to move onto the next track. The grid is ordered by the top 8 in their finishing positions and the rest of the grid is ordered by lap time.

Points awarded on our UF1 server will start from Midnight Sunday to the following Sunday. The top 8 finishers score points, with bonus points being awarded for fast lap times and the race best lap time.The top 20 at the end of the week will be awarded points towards a overall GTi league. Also, each month, a winner will be announced for that month on our homepage. So in total there will be 3 leagues. A weekly, monthly and running total.

Type !ptp to see the weekly points table on our server.
You can also see the top 10 for the current week on our homepage - www.sonicrealmsracing.co.uk
Full table, with search facility, is found on the UF1 Championship page.

Rules

No wrecking, rejoining the track unsafely and swearing. No abusing other drivers. Be polite at all times. If you think someone is ignoring blue flags, wrecking or being abusive, then report them here

We use cursing, blue flag and wrong way filters. If you ignore the blue flag for too long you will be specced, as will driving the wrong way. If you swear you will be kicked. We also use vote kicking and banning. If you are vote banned, rename the file temp.mpr in your lfs/data/mpr folder before rejoining LFS and post it to us on the address above. Vote bans last 12 hours. Anyone abusing this facility could incure a ban themselves, so please do not abuse the vote ban system.

If you crash, please shift-p or shift-s to clear the track to prevent you taking out other drivers. Our server is usually very busy and it can be very frustrating to get crashed by a spinning car, which can lead to a mass pileup, so please consider everyone else on the server.

We want to create a friendly competitive racing environment for you to race, so please help us do this by adhering to these rules. We hope you enjoy your time racing on our servers.

Your points are saved so don't worry about that.
Servers are back online, come by for a race At last...
#6 - Gil07
They were up, but now seem to be down again... But don't worry, they'll come back
Servers have been upgraded and should all be fixed now, sorry again for the inconvenience

diNOSaur wins April's GTi Championship with 61 points. Kenneth came 2nd with 59 points and spdoHuppis came 3rd with 37 points.
Congrats diNOSaur, again well deserved!!
So it's a CTRAlike server?
That's cool to got a new server with reports and close racing after CTRA death !
I try it tomorow

Sorry for my bad english :s
Good racing
Raced a few times on this server and it's good!
the advantage against CTRA is this server uses more tracks, nice.

For the moment the server looks down.
#11 - CSF
Nah it's up, just no-one is on it just now. It usually picks up in the evening.
This server is awesome, I race on here most days

Keep up the brilliant work SR
What is the opinion of the admins of this server, regarding course cutting?
I don't see any reference to it in the rules.

SD.
Haven't really seen it much tbh Dave. I could enable the LFS course cutting check if it does become an issue, was there a particular track you have seen this on?
Ive seen it at FE1/FE1R and at KY3/KY3R, does the course checker spectate drivers (like a marshall)? the trouble is nobody minds if its an accident on the odd lap, but lap after lap IMO is cutting for time advantage.
I remember another popular public race system that used layouts for some tracks, not really sure what or if theres an answer, just sounding out about your position ruleswise in the interest of fair competition.

I know how much time it takes up to admin/police these type of servers...To put it in the hands of the racers, maybe reports with replays proving repeated cutting (all wheels off track/kerb/whiteline) could be considered for points deduction or temp ban, however that might be considered harsh

Continuing to enjoy the SR experiance

SD.

EDIT: couple of pic to explain where/what I mean, skins/names removed to protect the guilty
Attached images
FE1Cut.JPG
KY3Rcut.JPG
Or another solution is to place barriers there If there are tyres and a racer hits them, they'll disappear and others can cut it again until the tyres get re-appeared.
#18 - CSF
That second one is awful...
I have just randomly picked those 2 pics just to illustrate where the worst cutting occurs, I have seen far worse at FE1/FE1R as flame says above the tyre stacks soon disappear, and the problem becomes worse.

I only asked here because its not in the OP's rules, and after asking a couple of times myself in the server chat at FE1, for people to stop, they just carried on doing it, and fine I suppose as no rules are broken by it. I personally don't like or do it, and only because your are running a weekly/monthly points system do I mention it here, at FE1 if you cut you can gain nearly 1/2 second per lap, so if the leader does it and no one else does, he gets max points, and fastest lap/sector points.
It seems there is no incentive for anyone not to cut under the current rules, only sportsmanship prevents the "better" drivers from doing the same thing.

Jason, it is happening and is an issue, what's your position on the 2 pics above?

SD.
My position is clearly that if people are cutting then we obviously need to put a stop to it. I will look into adding the LFS shortcut checks, adding some rules for it, and maybe trying some layouts
Ok, added the LFS shortcut check, which applies to all the tracks you mentioned. Let me know if that helps at all..
Can we have a real gti championship?
Jason

Thank you, Ill try to check it out on server soon.

SD.

[SR] UF1 Championship
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG