The online racing simulator
Some people should realize the clutch pedal is just another button
Dammit damnmit dammnit dammnnit.
/facepalm. ^^
Quote from BurnOut69 :Some people should realize the clutch pedal is just another button

whaaat have u been smoking? how is a pedal a button?
lol @ all this talk about button clutch.
Quote from arrowkart4 :whaaat have u been smoking? how is a pedal a button?

Button: you press or depress it
Pedal: you press or depress it

There's a pattern!

The only difference is that it can be analog like the throttle, but in the case of the clutch (in LFS), can be yes or not

I dont smoke btw

so your trying to tell me that pressing an axis clutch with your foot is the same speed as pressing a button with your finger?

god help me
Where the hell did I say it was as fast?

IMO it has more to do with the skill to use it properly than with how fast can you press it. Is it Zanardi fastest for using button clutch?...NOT.

So seek help in god or face palm yourself m8.
Quote from Napalm Candy :, try to do the same and you will see that it is not faster, but it is more harder.

right there^^^

clearly button clutch is faster, why else would people use it.

for example, i did a test at s02 xrg using button clutch and auto clutch. with button i did a 1:02.75 (2 tenths faster than wr) and it wasnt even a perfect lap tbo, but with auto clutch, i can only do a 1:02.96, and that was a better lap than the one with bc

go figure
With 4WD cars have that possibility about handbrake turn is bit faster than normal racing line.

Why B-Group cars were 4WD? and also now WRC?

Of Course, it eats tyres much faster than normal racing way, but if doing hotlap, I would use that.

For Example, using layouts with tight corners or hairpins. Try some handbrake turns and you see what we are talking about.

I use 45% front and 55% rear as in layouts and brakes 40% front and 60% rear
35% front and 65% rear as in Racing and brakes 60% front and 40% rear
20% front and 80% rear as in Rallycross and brakes 85% front and 15% rear

well, in theory only however
Quote from BurnOut69 :Where the hell did I say it was as fast?

Quote from arrowkart4 :
Quote from Napalm Candy :try to do the same and you will see that it is not faster, but it is more harder.

right there^^^

what are YOU smoking Andy?

back to topic.. eerrr.. well, about BC anyway.. I haven't really tried the BC so I can't say if it's faster or not, but still IMO it can't be called cheating if someone's using it. It's part of the game and everyone can use it if they want to, right? It's not a hack or anything "illegal".. just like using the handbrake, you all have it there don't you? If you feel like you're faster with the HB then use it!
err, well burnout said button clutch is not faster, which is just stupid
Quote from arrowkart4 :err, well burnout said button clutch is not faster, which is just stupid

If you're gonna start off with the insults, better double check your facts (and quotes).

Again, I did not say that, you quoted the wrong person.
Quote from arrowkart4 :err, well burnout said button clutch is not faster, which is just stupid

The button clutch is not faster but it does net faster lap times
Quote from Glenn67 :The button clutch is not faster but it does net faster lap times

ok can we not go round in circles please. Sorry to point out you Glenn, I hope you dont mind. I'm feeling a bit ill today so forgive me if sound off.

"ATTENTION"

The point of this thread was to highlight the change of leadership in the overall WR holders table in LFSworld.
As usual the points of handbrakes and button clutch and marcos appear.
Some of the more logical posts in this thread are skimmed over, whilst the obvious things that could be done are rarely a path taken by the majority of posters in many threads.
What do i mean? I mean instead of arguing the points of what makes a person faster, lets use this forum to make this argument take a different direction for a change.

Anyway, back to the point.
So what is all this about, its about being no1. I think we can agree on this yes? ok.

But what are we no1 at?
Using a wheel with custom view and using a steering lock of 180 degrees?
ok so maybe your not, but someone might be. It still takes skill to produce a fast lap regardless if they push that speed envolope a little further, its only natural to use what you can.
Or maybe you like using full manual gears, pedals, shifter, cockpit view and 1:1 ratio for steering lock as defined by the car being used.

Now either way if your enjoying your driving it makes little difference what you use, thats the beauty of LFS. I started playing LFS with the mouse and loved my 9 months in the land of demo world.
Then i found out about LFSworld and i could no longer wait, the thought racing with the FXO .. I was sold.

Fast forward to 2009 and 3 operating systems later, 4 wheels and god knows how many upgrades to PC hardware, I am still playing LFS.
The leadership in the WR chart has been a wonderful thing to watch over the years. and its no wonder people take hotlapping seriously, just as much as they do it for the fun and pleasure.
The excitement as a new patch is released and the physics are bust Those first few months for hotlapping is golden, the period after is when it really starts getting serious

Now as it stands LFS World has a basic WR chart, regardless of controller and helps etc.
What i propose is to keep this, but also perhaps have the ability to manipulate the wr leader table simply by applying the filters applicable to things like autoclutch, wheel , mouse, keyboard.
The only person that can do that btw, is a driver i know that I recently competed against, who by co-incidence, uses ... ah damn it.. lets just call it hardcore mode (cockpit hshift clutch etc)
My point is that there is a time and place to put forward arugments about whats right or wrong, or who.
as there are ways of doing things and talking to the right people. Easy in theory but as practise dictates, bad habbits can be formed.
I just think that if LFS World had such a filter for the WR table as mentioned a little earlier, this arguing over control method and styles may not have occured perhaps.
Anyway hopefully I've not bored you to death here, If i have i pass my regards on to your family and friends, hopefully i have their sympathy.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Sorry to point out you Glenn

I was bored... what can I say

First off let me say I respect all drivers that have or have had WRs, I also respect fair drivers and just about anyone else unless they are being a total dick

I'm with you in not liking going around in circles. I tend to ignore most comments about such things as "exploits", I myself have enjoyed LFS in many forms - some more realistc some less and have been able to have exciting races in all formats.

BC is one of those topics though that alot of myths and half truths abound in regards to it and unfortunately I find myself compelled by some un-natural force to type a response even though I know I would be better off not responding and keeping to myslef :Kick_Can_

I agree that it would be cool to have hotlap charts that could be filtered for different controls - maybe that would even encourage more people to break away from the norm

As for the circular arguments I think that comes about because LFS is unfinished as much as any other reason i.e. it does and will have bugs from time to time... some which are found and rectified quickely others that aren't so apparent and or take longer to fix.
Would be nice to see a race between the most WR holders, that would take the discussion where it may belong
#243 - AMB
Bawbag would win..... he can race any car fast.
agree...
Quote from chanoman315 :
Sinceramente.. mejor ya no hablen

Calla y sigue jugando al rFactor

Quote from RocksGt :Would be nice to see a race between the most WR holders, that would take the discussion where it may belong

I agree
Quote from Napalm Candy :Calla y sigue jugando al rFactor

hahahaha es que se ven mal defendiendo algo que ya de por si estan defendiendo otros que son lideres de grandes equipos... mejor no le muevan, arreche no hace nada mal
Sounds good to me If arechee wants to prove a point, why doesn't he take the MHR from the only guy that really matters?
Keep going please, alot of fun reading all this!
Arrechee is very fast, but...why is the problem? I don´t understand. That uses handbrake? No mates, its a stupid question.

If the handbrake is in game, it is to use, I believe.
Quote from ErAri :
If the handbrake is in game, it is to use, I believe.

+1. The goal on this game is not making realistics actions, but being as fast as possible. If we have an handbrake, it was made to be used.

Worm no longer record holder.
(392 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG