The online racing simulator
Nah we need more race cars, a prototype would be nice seeing as it's quite an important genre of racing.
Now we need 1 of everything S3.

1 Drift car
1 F1 car (Done - BMW F1 Sauber)
1 Nascar
1 Prototype/GT1
1 Lawnmover
1 Go Kart (MRT5... oh wait, nvm)
1 GT2 car (actually, those are more like the GTR class...)
1 Touring car
1 Rally car

That way, everybody should be happy with the car selection.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Now we need 1 of everything S3.

1 Drift car
1 F1 car (Done - BMW F1 Sauber)
1 Nascar
1 Prototype/GT1
1 Lawnmover
1 Go Kart (MRT5... oh wait, nvm)
1 GT2 car (actually, those are more like the GTR class...)
1 Touring car
1 Rally car

That way, everybody should be happy with the car selection.

No, but no reason to complain i would prefer old f1 car that is not on that list
i want a lawnmower that turns
More road cars! Race cars are too fast. No close racing, no fun.
Quote from zeugnimod :More road cars! Race cars are too fast. No close racing, no fun.

What can i say, but that is exactly right.

The Race cars are far to fast ans you don't get close racing, while you look at the TBO's. it is constant close racing and great fun.
Close racing depends on the drivers, not the cars.

And you've obviously never raced FBM then.
Quote from zeugnimod :More road cars! Race cars are too fast. No close racing, no fun.

WTCC? BTCC?
Even with GTRs you get close racing....
We actually have 50% of road cars in a racing simulator...
There is less close racing with faster cars, but alot more fun driving it
What about adding more racing cars?
I mean LMP2 (LMP1 too fast) and Touring Cars
Quote from Sir moi 407 :
There is less close racing with faster cars, but alot more fun driving it

You're sat still whatever you're in control of and whatever the speedo is reading. XRGT is way more entertaining to me than XFR despite the lap times being way slower. XRT is more fun than XRR too.
The laptime and speedo reading are irrelevant. The only difference is how long a break you have between corners. A race car could be a lot of fun to drive, but it would be because of the way it responds to your inputs, not because of how quickly it arrives at the next corner.
Quote from 5haz :Close racing depends on the drivers, not the cars.

Partly but not entirely, IMO.

Quote from Sir moi 407 :There is less close racing with faster cars, but alot more fun driving it

I heavily disagree.

That statement in itself doesn't make sense if you ask me. LFS is all about close racing with others so you can't have a lot more fun with cars that offer less close racing.

Are you kidding me? I have gone wheel to wheel over two laps in a FBMW with the same guy. So long as you know how to drive a FBMW and know its limits you can get into some awesome battles. FBMW offers the best racing I have ever had online. I will agree that since they are open wheel you do have to be a bit more careful.
Over the immense majority of LFS racers:

The faster the car, the less people can drive it properly.
Quote from BurnOut69 :Over the immense majority of LFS racers:

The faster the car, the less people can drive it properly.

For fun I jump into the BMWF1 and that's scary. While I can put down a few decent lap time here and there I wont race them ever. I may be a very good driver, but a F1 is right on my outer limits of skill. Having cold brakes and tires on the first lap does not help.
Quote from Terrible3 :For fun I jump into the BMWF1 and that's scary. While I can put down a few decent lap time here and there I wont race them ever. I may be a very good driver, but a F1 is right on my outer limits of skill. Having cold brakes and tires on the first lap does not help.

Brake heat isn't modelled yet, so you can take that out of the equation
PLEASE!! don't turn this thread in a "cars i want in S2/S3" moaning one... Let's wait for the Scirocco, after that we'll see what we get...
Quote from 5haz :Close racing depends on the drivers, not the cars.

QFT!

Exhibit A your honour..

FO8@AS3, 6 laps, Dead heat. There may be only two of us in this one, but i had many races on CTRA 3 and SS 3 that were constantly close fights between several drivers.

The cars have nothing to do with close races.
Attached files
Moose v Lars Draw.mpr - 436.5 KB - 174 views
Quote from Flame CZE :If you wanted, I would translate the Czech LFS TV report

Please, do! I bet all of us would appreciate that...
^^ yes please do.
can this be added to the thousands of other hopeless posts in the VW scirocco enquiry thread KTHXBAI
so when it will be relaised ?
Pretty pretty please
Just wondering. When the scirocco will come out, hows the progress?
Quote from Drift[EST] :Just wondering. When the scirocco will come out, hows the progress?

Nobody knows.
Quote from freddyalek90 :Please, do! I bet all of us would appreciate that...

I'm working on it
You won't get it. (Usual S2 vs demo post :P)
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG