The online racing simulator

Poll : What brand GPU do you have?

nVidia
ATi
Integrated GPU
Nvidia all the way. 9800 GT here.
My new Nvidia GeForce duel DVI 9600 GT 512mbs kills my old 5500fx!

I had to move one of my HD's up a slot just to get it to fit....big card!!

(XFX Play Hard!!)
I've had some issues in the past with some ATI cards, but the one i'm using at the moment has been very good to me, I currently own a 512mb HD4850 MSI Graphics card and I have my love for ATI Back
Nvidia 9600gt 512mb
2 evga gtx295's in sli for quad sli.
Edit: Just made an upgrade.

Voodoo 2 16MB I think..
Voodoo 4
GeForce 2
GeForce 3
GeForce FX5200
Radeon 9600XT
Radeon X800Pro
GeForce 7800GSOC AGP
GeForce 8500GT 512MB GDDR2
GeForce 8600GT OC 512MB GDDR3
New GeForce 9800GTX+ 1GB OC (I'll be adding a second in a few weeks)
I have a ATi Radeon 2600HD. it's better for LFS, but my previous graphics card worked much better with other games...can anybody give me a suggestion about a better and cheap graphics card or a link to a Graphics card suggestions-like thread?
Quote from Jakg :Log:
Matrox {something}
No idea,
Sapphire ATi Radeon 9000 Pro (with a 1.1 GHz Duron it was a beast - maxxed NFS:STFU!),
Sapphire ATi Radeon 9600XT 128MB,
2x XFX nVidia 6600GT's 256MB (In SLi, which never worked),
Gainward nVidia 7950GT 256MB "Golden Sample",
Asus nVidia 8800GTX,
Asus 6600GT "Silencer" (Second card added for SoftTH).

And now - PNY nVidia 8800GT 512MB.
Jakg, did you downgrade from the 8800GTX, or break it or? The GTX is quite a bit more powerful than the GT.
I got the GT from work for £49.97, and sold my GTX for £130 - In all the games I tried it in it was almost as fast (by about 1 or 2 FPS) as the GTX, and while I liked the vRAM I hate the HUGE size and noise so I swapped and got £80 in my back pocket.

The difference isn't as big as you'd think.
I just checked toms hardware, and you're right, in the sum of all benchmarks the GTX was maybe 3-5% faster, and the 9800GTX about 10-15%. Now I realize why Nvidia released the 9800GTX+, it's incredibly superior to the others. 9800GTX owners must be pissed since the release of the + version, I guess I lucked out having to wait.
Nvidia 9800GTX
PNY Verto Geforce 8800GT 512MB, is what i have right now
For almost a year I was recommending the 9600GT's to everyone, because they perform very well, GDDR3, 256bit memory controller, allowing good resolutions and reasonably powerful shading. But now you can get a 9800GT for the same price, and also time has passed and I'm not 100% certain if AMD/ATI has improved their drivers, or how much. ATM because of history I'd still have to recommend the 9800GT, and for a few dollars more, ppl with a very large monitor, the 9800GTX+.
1 XFX nvidia 9800 GTX+, runs great.
Just made more huge upgrades, and added the second 9800GTX+ 1GB OC, along with the new cpu and ram. (In sig)
ATi Radeon X700SE 512mb

Because the latest Nvidia gfx drivers give me the BSOD, curse them!
Ati x1950xtx
ATi Radeon X800 PRO VIVO 256mb AGP. It runs LFS with maxxed out graphics (albeit at 1024x768 75Hz 32-bit) at 50fps. That is fine for me . Only trouble is that it only does this as I overclocked it. This means it randomly overheats alot.
#120 - STF
Some ATI here.
nVidia 9800GX2 :]
BFG nVidia GTX 285 OC 1gb...
MSI Geforce GTX280 OC with 1GB of VRam
ATI Radeon
- SAPHIRE HD4870x2 2Go here.
I certainly hope those of you who bought GX2 cards didn't get them for the purpose of running LFS... Those cards are for running high end DX9/DX10 first person shooters in extremely high resolutions with graphics maxed out, including AA.

(EDIT) lol Sorry I made a very long post, if you're bored go ahead and read, it's just my opinion, well kinda, on why I run what I'm running. On topic, Nvidia: BFG GeForce 9800GTX+ 1GB OC
Myself I had the choice to buy whatever I wanted. My tax guy made some huge mistakes last year, H&R Block caught on to it, and I got an extra $3,700 on top of my regular return this year. And since I've been very careful and living on a tight budget, and I've finished modding my mustang cobra, I was able to get whatever I wanted. I did the research, plus (im not willy wagging, but..) I really do know a lot about video cards and what is really needed, depending what kind of system ya have, and what size monitor you use, also if you plan to upgrade to a larger monitor, etc etc.

Anyways, I realized that one 9800GTX+ would be plenty for me, even for Crysis. The GTX+ version is incredibly superior to the regular GTX, not only at stock speeds, but you can overclock the hell out of the GTX+, that is, if the vendor you bought it from didn't already, most of them do, cause they're 55nm, whereas the regular GTX is 65nm, it's actually a huge difference, more than I ever thought possible.

So, I bought one, it ran every single game I own, and I own many, I'm always searching for specials/sales and so I have almost every FPS game ever released lol. Anyways, the only game it couldn't sustain 60fps+ with max graphics (oh,and I don't use AA in FPS, not necessary when you're running a high resolution. I'm running 1680x1050, on a 20" LCD, not a 22", so tighter, smaller pixels, only old games need AA forced on, and especially LFS, although it's not a FPS so nm that's off topic) sooo...as I was saying, the only game I coudln't run and sustain at least 60fps with graphics maxed was Crysis, of course. But, with everything on high, at my native resolution, already mentioned, and no AA, and 16xaf(I max AF on every game, period) it averaged around 40-50fps in wooded areas, beach areas, stuff like that. But near towns and stuff, it would struggle some and average around 25-35fps, 25fps being when there's a LOT going on, like the absolute worst situations. Which is actually quite good, but since the card was so cheap, and BFG has lifetime warrenties, and I liked it just, sooo much compared to other cards I've ever owned (Price vs performance best ever, with the 7600GT SC in 2nd), I couldn't help it, and I bought a second one, so now I can run anything maxed out, and I should be able to do so for a good 4 years. Two 9800GTX+'s in SLI, even if you don't overclock, are killer. I murder Crysis no problem. 60fps all the time, when nothing is going on I get amazing frame rates, and when in towns where all crazyness is happening, or say the snow level, it still stays around 60 fps, and I only paid, what, like $270, that's unbeatable. I didn't even consider a GTX 200 card, I'm not buying another video card, period, until Nvidia finally supports DirectX10.1, and therefor will support DX11, which will be a while, sadly, DX10.1 doesn't have better graphics, but the performance enhancements over regular DX10 is badass. Which is my only beef with Nvidia right now. ATI I love too, I'm not biased, but I'm tired of hearing about their driver problems. But I think I'll buy another ATI card one day, who knows, perhaps even my next upgrade. Other than my GPU, which absolutely has to be the best bang for buck right now, with the radeon 4850 right there with it, the Radeon 4870 is an absolute beast, my only issue was the price. The performance is good, but it's not superior enough to my GTX+ to justify the extra $110 at the time. AND, no way in hell will I attempt to run a Crossfire setup anytime soon, I hear nothing but absolute hell about it, while Nvidia is well proven and I know myself works flawlessly.

OMG LOL, I'm sorry I didn't mean to just write on and on like that, I lost track of time and I'm bored waiting for my girl to get home. Anyways, Nvidia

What brand GFX card do you have?
(285 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG