The online racing simulator
Quote from Rolverts :I.... blah blah blah.... But if he tells, then i think that whining will stop. Atleast a little bit

If that's gonna be the case, there is still going to be whiners. So there is no point of him wasting his time, to create an ultra long post explaning what is going on.
Yea, there gonna be some whiners, but not so much as now. And it isn't wasting time. 15 minutes max. Its doesen't have to be ultralong post. Just little explain why scirocco isn't released, is it ready and he is working other things for new patch or is he still working on scirocco or what.

I think the reason of whining at the moment is the lack of knowledge.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Do you?

Do you?

Quote from Rolverts :Yea, there gonna be some whiners, but not so much as now. And it isn't wasting time. 15 minutes max. Its doesen't have to be ultralong post. Just little explain why scirocco isn't released, is it ready and he is working other things for new patch or is he still working on scirocco or what.

I think the reason of whining at the moment is the lack of knowledge.

That's what all the whiners say, and then when they get information they whine about it because it doesn't satisfy them for one moronic reason or another.
Yea maybe youre right.
Not to mention that Scawen already did mention reasons why VWS is delayed (look up his last few posts).

I guess he should post every week to keep some people happy
IMO, from what I see this is the result of people asking for progress updates on lfs development. For the time I've been here I don't think I've seen any announcements before something was released. I could be wrong but you need to realize what happens to the community when you get announcements or a release date.
Quote from boothy :Cool stuff, just need someone to translate as the only words I knew were "live for speed" and "force dynamics" Didn't hear the word "Scirocco" though

as czech is very similiar to slovak...i can tell you, that there wasn't anything about the Scirocco. This show was just about to present LFS and Force dynamics. Interview was with guy (probably he visits this forum ) who runs Czech LFS cup and was just about...LFS and online racing.
And the cute girl hosting it is really uh.. well.. cute! Couldn't keep my eyes off of her
See, the thing that annoys me a bit is that they get to drive the Scirocco already. Why shouldnt we? I see people replying now with comments like "Yes you can dirve it but its buggy blah blah blah..." Well thats what the TEST patches are for gods sake..... You dont have to release the whole patch yet, but why not put the car on a new test patch? I dont care if i wouldnt be able to play online, i dont care if the game crashed every 5mins..... But it atleast would show that is being worked on. Whereas now we just hope and speculate it is....... God knows what teh devs are doing.....

I am no whiner, its just that seeing the Scirocco everywhere makes me wonder why it isnt out.
Quote from DevilDare :See, the thing that annoys me a bit is that they get to drive the Scirocco already. Why shouldnt we? I see people replying now with comments like "Yes you can dirve it but its buggy blah blah blah..." Well thats what the TEST patches are for gods sake..... You dont have to release the whole patch yet, but why not put the car on a new test patch? I dont care if i wouldnt be able to play online, i dont care if the game crashed every 5mins..... But it atleast would show that is being worked on. Whereas now we just hope and speculate it is....... God knows what teh devs are doing.....

I am no whiner, its just that seeing the Scirocco everywhere makes me wonder why it isnt out.

I expect the reason that the Scirocco isn't out in a test patch is because it would make them online-incompatible...I doubt that Scawen could make it offline-only unless somehow multiplayer was locked out...what's the point of having it offline only in a test patch for an online race simulator ? Next part....if Patch Z15, for instance, included the Scirocco, but they said, "We still have some major issues to work out" it could leave you with, say, two months of a split community...some with the current Z Patch, and some with Official Z....that sort of community split has an element of danger, and it seems to me the devs try to avoid.

In the meanwhile, /me continues to run my leagues as if no Scirocco is coming.
Now that you mentioned it, that is kinda true. The devs even let those guys at leipzig try it out on south city. Even the crash physics seem better than they do with ordinary LFS cars, yet it's still buggy? But there are still 2 possiblities that this car still ain't released:

1) Alongside fixing the Scirocco, they could be working on the beta feautres. Hopefully '0.6A' means 'beta' and they are secretly working on it, without telling us. tbh, it would seem kinda lame for only 1 car to be released in a patch.

2) On the other hand, Scawen cannot post because of his connection issues in his new house. He mentioned that a long time ago (probably the time his connection was working) and he said he had problems getting it all back together again, and he switched providers. Maybe there are still connection issues?

Starting to put these points together is starting to make a little more sense to what they could be up to IMO.
Quote from DevilDare :See, the thing that annoys me a bit is that they get to drive the Scirocco already. Why shouldnt we? I see people replying now with comments like "Yes you can dirve it but its buggy blah blah blah..." Well thats what the TEST patches are for gods sake..... You dont have to release the whole patch yet, but why not put the car on a new test patch? I dont care if i wouldnt be able to play online, i dont care if the game crashed every 5mins..... But it atleast would show that is being worked on. Whereas now we just hope and speculate it is....... God knows what teh devs are doing.....

I agree.
Quote from Danny LFS :
Originally Posted by S14 DRIFT
"When will the VWS be released?"

NEXT MONTH! (in Iracing)

Fixed.

More fixed.
Quote from dekojester :I expect the reason that the Scirocco isn't out in a test patch is because it would make them online-incompatible...

it can't be so much incompatible, because guys in that show were playing with scirocco over LAN
Quote from SparkyDave :Scawen's probably not posting here because he's working, or maybe shopping or out with his family! Who cares if he's posting or not, all this useless spamming is just clogging up even more of the forum, making it harder and harder to find anything of intrest to read here without the same quippy posters and their rubbish.

Its almost enough to make me want to not post here either!

Thank God, there's still someone on the forum posting some sense.

Feel free to point me in the direction of anything else worth reading in this place...i cant find anything these days because its buried deep in a big pile of childish spam, whining, bitching and general playground banter.
I used to be able to, if i wanted, spend hours a day reading in here. These days it takes about 30 secs a day to cover anything of interest.

Back to the topic....
Can i haz Scirocco now plox?
VW Scirocco
I heard that the VW Scirocco come at end april or in the middle of may...

But i am not sure about this news,it would be nice but i am not sure..
Have anyone get a newsletter from 4players where stand this news,or anybody knows more about it?

Golf 2 GT
Quote from majod :it can't be so much incompatible, because guys in that show were playing with scirocco over LAN

Maybe if all computer has the same version...and noone try to connect to the master server (pb's, etc)...then...OH YES, are fully compatible.

@DevilDare: I always thought that the test patches were meant to found unknown bugs, or to test reliability in as many machines as posible
Scawen's internet died, that's why.
this month or next .. but noone knows exactly ^^

it comes when its done
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Scawen internet died, that's why.

That means when his internet goes,he release the scirocco?
is the car finish?
that would be nice
Quote from Golf 2 GT :That means when his internet goes,he release the scirocco?
is the car finish?
that would be nice

He is spamming/joking. Cya
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG