The online racing simulator
Peugot actually have some really good drivers, sarrazin bourdais klien, all of them tbh are very quick in terms of raw pace but non of them are seasoned sports car drivers. It's like someone said on the motors TV commentary, Mcnish just doesn't seem to lose speed in traffic, whereas bourdais can go from a 43.2 or whatever his fastest lap was and lose 3/4 seconds in another lap. Sports car racing isn't just about being quick, like in F1 for example, it's about being able to predict what the field is doing and adapting. Thats why someone like mcnish who wasn't necessarily lightning in F1 can be the best driver in sports cars better than any other F1 driver in a sports car.
Quote from BenjiMC :Peugot actually have some really good drivers, sarrazin bourdais klien, all of them tbh are very quick in terms of raw pace but non of them are seasoned sports car drivers. It's like someone said on the motors TV commentary, Mcnish just doesn't seem to lose speed in traffic, whereas bourdais can go from a 43.2 or whatever his fastest lap was and lose 3/4 seconds in another lap. Sports car racing isn't just about being quick, like in F1 for example, it's about being able to predict what the field is doing and adapting. Thats why someone like mcnish who wasn't necessarily lightning in F1 can be the best driver in sports cars better than any other F1 driver in a sports car.

Bourdais - "Audi didnt beat us, McNish did. Its like hes from another planet"
I'm just glad those damn Pugs didn't win. I hate those things. I've never been an Audi fan, either, though... but I do quite like the R15. It's an extremely interesting car (while maybe not the prettiest).

The race concluded pretty much how I thought it would from the get-go; Audi P1, Acura P2, and Risi in GT2. Great stuff in any case.
Anybody know where the race at Barcelona will be broadcasted this weekend? I can only see ALMS on motors TV
Not on MotorsTV anymore. Eurosport shows two 30 min segments and then highlights later.

http://videos.eurosport.com/eurosport-player/teaser.shtml

There the ad banner includes LMS, but not sure what that means. It is not clear if it shows a separate stream for the races... the info is misleading and at least an year ago (when I used this during Le Mans) only the three channels of Eurosport (1, 2 and the news channel) were streamed. And it ain't free.
Quote from BenjiMC :Anybody know where the race at Barcelona will be broadcasted this weekend? I can only see ALMS on motors TV

There's probably going to be a stream on justin.tv as with 12h of Sebring.
Stream needs a source first. Looks like there will be no source.
sucky sucky!
Any findings on tomorrows LMS 1k/KM of Catalunya stream or something?

And thanks for ALMS
Quote from deggis :Stream needs a source first. Looks like there will be no source.

^^
Quote from BenjiMC :^^

Yah yah....... ^_^

Jesus..... the channel ALMS is on (CNBC?) has 6min+ adverts every 5mins or so....
Quote from DevilDare :Yah yah....... ^_^

Jesus..... the channel ALMS is on (CNBC?) has 6min+ adverts every 5mins or so....

And some of the worst colour commentary in history. And worst coverage in history.
just watched lms highlights, aston looks good. That kolles R10 looks crap in pace terms. But i dotn thnk the Aston will be faster than the Audi/pug Spa shall tell all.

Edit: eurosport said le mans is on 14th april :S
Quote from BenjiMC :just watched lms highlights, aston looks good. That kolles R10 looks crap in pace terms. But i dotn thnk the Aston will be faster than the Audi/pug Spa shall tell all.

Edit: eurosport said le mans is on 14th april :S

Where did you watch the highlights?
eurosport
just watching the eurosport coverage i got off racing underground. If you subscribe to eurosport player you can watch the full races, without commentary, but you can use radio lemans for that anyway.
meh shame, Dont have RU code
And so it becomes an ordinary race car... All the electronics and gizmos that make the GTR punch way above its weight won't be in the race car, so I can't see it stack up against in this competition...
the car is more than it's electronics, the engine/gearbox and aero alone were brilliant.
Nobody on this forum has driven a GTR, so lets just leave the assumptions out of it.
Quote from bbman :And so it becomes an ordinary race car... All the electronics and gizmos that make the GTR punch way above its weight won't be in the race car, so I can't see it stack up against in this competition...

I sincerely doubt it will be a poor performer.

ALMS/LMS/Le Mans/FIA GT 2009
(948 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG