The online racing simulator
Has anyone got any useful tips for me, because next week im going to the BTCC at Brands Hatch and it will be the first time ive been with my Canon EOS 1000d and was just wondering if there's any good tips for getting the best possible picture.
So am I

What lens(es) have you got for it?
ive got the standard one it comes with and a Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 which at the moment means bugger all to me
If your a newbie to DSLR's then I recommend you stick to your sports setting (the dial on the top of the camera, probably a strange shaped stick man running)

Also read the manual, when I first got my DSLR I had no clue what to do but a 20 minute read of the manual taught me all the technical stuff like changing lenses, what aperture is, how to focus properly.

Once you've learnt the basics just do a google search on sports photography tips, you'll get lots of pages teaching you how to do things like pre-focus (where you focus on a bit of the track manually, then when the car goes past it you take the shot - this way you don't need to mess around with the relatively slow focus of the lenses you have. (When I say slow, this is compared to the Canon Professional USM series - which are pretty close to instant in good lighting))

Hope that helps.
im gonna be at the btcc next week too, down on the south bank with my 450d and new 55-200 lens, if you see a guy with a dslr near a burgundy colour renault scenic that will be me
i might sit in a few different places during Sunday, but will be inside druids for BTCC race 1
ah ok, well if you come along the south bank look out for us and come say hi, we may even have a brew on
Sorry, there's quite a few pictures here....

Last week we had a little doggie play date...

Don't even think about getting my stick!

Hey, give it back!

Fine, I've got my own stick.

No one is getting this stick.

Oh no you don't. You wouldn't let me have yours, so this one is mine.

You two can have the sticks, I have all the balls.

You stay here and make sure that Lab doesn't get the balls. I'm going to go get the rest of them.

Here's one....

Here's the other, now we have them all.

I know I saw one of those balls over here.

Hey, where did they go?

Awe screw it, I'm done. I'm going to rest right here.

Quote from mrodgers :Sorry, there's quite a few pictures here....

Last week we had a little doggie play date...

Don't even think about getting my stick!

Hey, give it back!

Fine, I've got my own stick.

No one is getting this stick.

Oh no you don't. You wouldn't let me have yours, so this one is mine.

You two can have the sticks, I have all the balls.

You stay here and make sure that Lab doesn't get the balls. I'm going to go get the rest of them.

Here's one....

Here's the other, now we have them all.

I know I saw one of those balls over here.

Hey, where did they go?

Awe screw it, I'm done. I'm going to rest right here.

lol that was great, actually it was interesting
The bit about "oh no you can't have my stick" made me laugh.
Got a Panasonic FX580 to review today...

12MP, 5x optical, 25mm wide-angle, optical stabilization, 3.0" touchscreen, full manual mode, face recognition that stores a catalog of human faces and lets you choose to view shots of a specific person (kinda creepy).

Not bad for a p&s so far.

The pixel density is hilarious, though.
Quote from spankmeyer :Wtf hax you got summer already?

down in the town yes, but up in the mountains (see last panorama) you can still ski
Fiat 500 Shot from today...
Attached images
Fiat-500.jpg
Some recent efforts of mine:

Bamburgh Castle

Sony A700, Tamron 17-50/2.8 @ 17mm, f/16, 1/2s

Dunstanburgh Castle

Sony A700, Tamron 17-50/2.8 @ 17mm, f/11, 1/40s

Racing at Croft Circuit

Canon 40D, 70-200/4 L USM @ 113mm, f/5.6, 1/320s

Canon 40D, 70-200/4 L USM @ 200mm, f/4.5, 1/800s

Canon 40D, 70-200/4 L USM @ 188mm, f/6.3, 1/320s

Really needed a monopod for the tracking/panning shots, as all the pros were using. That'll be my next purchase, then.
I love it when you hit the coast, STROBE! You always come back with some inspired shots!!

Quote from Highsider9 :Fiat 500 Shot from today...

That's a really nice shot!

You folks do have some strange little cars over there.

Love the setting, that is awesome.

Nice pans, Strobe. Wondering, do you crop for the composition or are you getting the shot as is? I've done limited panning attempts but I find it quite difficult to leave room in front of the vehicle/subject to be moving to. Mine end up being centered so I have to zoom back and crop for composition. It doesn't help that I don't have autofocus tracking or multiple focus points to choose my point either.
I've been eyeing that Tamron 17-50, STROBE. But I hardly use my kit lens as it is (and the Pentax one is a damn good one for a kit). I just seem to be gravitating toward primes more and more.
here we go stealing the old camera fomr my father i know the pics aren´t really good but this is the first time i tried something like this

the problem was , that i had to hurry up because the batterys where nearly dead lol
i know the second one with the back view is shit, but i have a bit shaky hands so it was really hard to hold the camera silent for me .

i dont know mutch about cameras, but this pics was made with a Minolta Dimage 7i (if someone knows)
but i have to get a new one as i dont like the pics this camera makes. It only has 5 megapixels (as mutch as my mobile phone lol) and the pics always look so cold.
imo this pics look like winter but they where made yesterday and we had 20 °C

critics are welcome lol
Attached images
PICT3247.JPG
PICT3248.JPG
PICT3249.JPG
PICT3250.JPG

What color does the Car have on your Screen? At home (where i edited it) it's a really nice deep Red, here at work it looks a lot lighter, almost pink.

Feedback highly appreciated.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG