The online racing simulator
Who follows V8 Supercars?
(26 posts, started )
Hi guys, V8's are my passion, i'd sit down and watch them every day of the week if i could.

Who follows them, i'm very interested to see if any international members watch an Australian Motorsport category!

www.v8supercars.com for people who don't know what i'm on about
#2 - amp88
I've been following the V8s for a few years now (started back in 2006 catching the occasional race on DarcyF1 (link in sig)). The cars, the drivers, the action and a few of the tracks are absolutely amazing. For anyone who hasn't seen them before take a look at this clip showing the start of the 2005 1000km race from Mount Panorama, Bathurst. Bathurst has a great tradition (been hosting car races for decades) and has been the home of Australian endurance racing for 50+ years. Other great tracks on the V8 calendar are Phillip Island (where the MotoGP bikes go), Eastern Creek and Adelaide (circuit the F1 cars used to race on before Melbourne). Here is a good forum for the V8s. The coverage in the UK isn't very good (we get delayed highlights the week after), but DarcyF1 and torrent sites are good to catch the action.
#3 - Tango
Ive been watching on MotorsTV for 5 or 6 years now,loved every race and was fortunate to be in Oz for last years Bathurst,bbq,beer and 50inch plasma Then 2 weeks later i went to surfers for the Indy race,great time i had there and some nice ladies to boot
Tango
I'm watching every single race for two years, it's the best touring cars action. Since i'm from central Europe, where WTCC rules everything, my only source are torrents, which are sometimes awfully slow, but it's worth waiting.
Looking forward to Hamilton race. Last year it was very interesting, 88 car destroyed in practice and then he had to clear the points gap in the rest of the season.

Btw, amp88: thanks for pointing at Darcy's site, lot of great stuff there!
Quote from tinky winky :(don't know how to do the link thing you have)

Mark the text you want to appear as link, click on the globe thingy above the area where you type your message in and paste the link in there.
#7 - X-Ter
Never miss a race, even if I do have to wait for the bits and torrents to be released
They used to show the Bathurst 1000 on Grandstand when I were a lad (Alan Jones etc were racing) and I follow it on Motors TV when I can.
The answer to this thread title should be "whoever can keep up"
I love it, best racing series, commentators, production/footage, drivers, rules. need I go on? Been following it since 2006. Long live the V8's
It's awsome, I don't know what makes the racing so good. Maybe its the locked rear end that forces them to take diffrent lines (to fight the understeer with oversteer from the v8). Maybe its the quality of the tv production (beats everything out there) that does it. Maybe becuase there is only one bad guy (RK) so whoever else wins I like the results.
The only thing I will miss this year is Oran Park.

Lowndes ftw! (sorry guys I just had to stir some)
personaly i cant stand the V8 Supercars anymore the racing is boring and dull the series was ALOT better in the late 80's early 90's when it wasent just 2 allmost identical cars going around a track at a half decent pace.

i download the old race's when i can and it reminds me of old school BTCC
I've kinda lost interest in it. I still watch it sometimes, just not the way i did a few years ago.
Excellent races this weekend, that Whincup is going to be hard to catch this year.
Excellent racing this weekend. Whincup did a great job in race 2, though i think Jim Beam lost it in pits. But Jamie would beat them anyways.
I thought the races were bloody boring! The support races were much better. Love the GT1 class. Rx7's vs Jaguar with nascar busch engine vs holder supercar = awesome
Enjoy V8SC while you can, because GM could be pulling out of all forms of motorsport at the end of this year, which would mean goodbye Holden.
#18 - JCTK
Quote from MAD3.0LT :personaly i cant stand the V8 Supercars anymore the racing is boring and dull the series was ALOT better in the late 80's early 90's when it wasent just 2 allmost identical cars going around a track at a half decent pace.

i download the old race's when i can and it reminds me of old school BTCC

I'm wondering, does Formula Ford still laps faster than V8SC~?
Was it ever faster? The toyota racing series is only a second or two a lap faster than the v8s around Hamilton.
Ok here is the pole time for the melbourne race

V8: 1:57.7400
FF: 2:05.4693

That isn't anywhere near close.
Melbourne is more of a speed circuit though so its expected, it would be more closer on a tight circuit though, but i still think V8SC are faster.
Quote from Mustafur :Melbourne is more of a speed circuit though so its expected, it would be more closer on a tight circuit though, but i still think V8SC are faster.

Winton is the tightest track I can think of that's currently on the calendar and both FF and V8s race at. I'm having trouble finding timing for FFs in the last couple of years, but this link shows the outright lap records for different categories:

Formula Ford Jamie Whincup Van Diemen August, 2002 1m26.2188s
V8 Supercars Jason Bright Commodore VX August, 2002 1m23.1514s

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG