The online racing simulator
help with file downloads
(12 posts, started )
help with file downloads
hi whenever i try to download files for eg: live for speed tweak z patch it says cant open file windows doesnt know what program created it. basically all the files that are downloaded with internet explorer what do i do?
click properties and open with tweak?
#3 - Bean0
IE might be trying to open the files.

Try right clicking and choosing 'Save As...'
basically all files that are opened by internet explorer default wont let me open them so what happens is i click on the mod i want for live for speed eg:live for speed rev limiter or live for speed tweak for z patch. then i download then i click on it to open it and it says can not open file widows doesnt know what program created it.
know i will tell you what happens with say a zip file eg: car sound like blow off valves and what not.i click it it doesnt make me download with internet explorer it is more like compressed folder zip or something and it downloads and i can open it and use it.
im not an expert at computers and files and that kind of stuff so i dont really know what im doing most of the time.
i will probally need simple to follow and deep instructions
Just use Firefox
i use firefox for the internet if thats what you mean and i also tryed to download with firefox but that didnt work not only does it not open but for a while no matter if i open with internet explorer or firefox the message doesnt come up at all some thing flashes for a split second then goes away?
ok i have the message here
to open this file, windows needs to know what program created it.
windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from list a of programs on your computer.
you need winrar
Quote from gruggy :i use firefox for the internet if thats what you mean and i also tryed to download with firefox but that didnt work not only does it not open but for a while no matter if i open with internet explorer or firefox the message doesnt come up at all some thing flashes for a split second then goes away?

Something flashing in Firefox may be your download window. While in your Firefox window, one at a time press the keys "ALT" "T" and "O". Your options window should open. In the "Main" tab of the options window the middle box is "Downloads". If you have ticked "Show the Downloads window when downloading a file" and also ticked "Close it when all downloads are finished". Then the thing that flashes may be the download window.

Do a search for the files on your computer by going to your START button, clicking "Search", then "For Files or Folders".

Then... Dang It. I'm running vista and I've never used this search and it looks wierd.

Anyway, there should be a blank box there. Type in the name of the file and if you see the option of where to search tell it to search your whole computer. Click the Search button or hit your "Enter" key and wait until it's completely done.

If you see the file name, try to figure out from the search window, where the file is. Then go get it.

Sorry I'm not more help on the search window. Vista is weird.

...actually, it's kinda nice.
U cant install or download? If u can download but not install (even if u select 'Run' option) then reinstall the Windows Installer. Get it from www.microsoft.com (use search)
patch z tweak problems
Quote from hazaky :U cant install or download? If u can download but not install (even if u select 'Run' option) then reinstall the Windows Installer. Get it from www.microsoft.com (use search)

Hey the only tweal download i can find is in the fourm a word document.
How do i open it.And run tweak please help

help with file downloads
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG