Jenson Button
Sebastian Vettel
Robert Kubica
Sebastien Buemi
Lewis Hamilton
Jarno Trulli
Rubens Barrichello
Timo Glock
Quote from Mustafur :How the **** was Monaco 06 low key, people still talk about it, that and even though its obvious shumacher lied they never proved it.

This is much more signifcant becuase there is actual proof to use against them.

The FIAs approach was low key compared to this. the media drove the Monaco incident moreso than the FIA. This time the FIA seem to be releasing very provocative statement sensationilising the whole affair.

If the FIA couldn't prove Schumacher lied then why the hell did they give him a grid penalty? The penalty was admissison that they felt Schumacher deliberately tried to mislead the stewards. Of course they wouldn't nactually STATE that like they have this time.

What I am saying is this whole thing thing is very murky and once again shoots Hamilton to the top of the headlines. Really what happened wasn't THAT big a deal. Had it been another driver it really wouldn't have been anywhere near as big as this.
Quote from dungbeetle :More news.

Dave Ryan is suspended:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/7980593.stm

Hamilton is not to blame:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/7978935.stm

Wouldn't surprise me if Hamilton was under 'team orders' when he went into the meeting with Dave Ryan. Why risk the reputation of your Current World Champion driver in this way? Daft.

Well they have to have their scapegoat to have any chance of bringing back some of the lost credibility. No surprise really.
Calling him a scapegoat would mean that he is being singled out alone when in fact a larger group of people had conspired to cheat by lying to the stewards. There is no proof or indication of this. Haug himself said that Lewis had been instructed to let Trulli pass in the post race interviews.

The only question left is who's idea it was, Hamilton's or Ryan's. Doubt we'll ever find out though.
Quote from J.B. :Calling him a scapegoat would mean that he is being singled out alone when in fact a larger group of people had conspired to cheat by lying to the stewards. There is no proof or indication of this. Haug himself said that Lewis had been instructed to let Trulli pass in the post race interviews.

The only question left is who's idea it was, Hamilton's or Ryan's. Doubt we'll ever find out though.

I was refering to him being McLarens scapegoat internally. It's clear that someone has to "pay" for this latest indiscression within the McLaren camp. He was probably the easiest option, and close enough to the centre of the whole controversy to appease the FIA and hopefully stay any further penalisation. Common practice in organisations that come under scrutiny from bodies that have the power to punish them. I don't see why motorsport should be any different.
Mclaren could have been fourth, but they deliberately colluded on a lie in order to gain a single place? Its beyond belief. If true then its simply a measure of how the formula has reduced drivers to a kind of underclass in the sport.
Quote from J.B. :The only question left is who's idea it was, Hamilton's or Ryan's. Doubt we'll ever find out though.

Well, given that David Ryan is (was) Sporting Director, I can't see Hamilton calling the shots in meeting like that.
Quote from nihil :Mclaren could have been fourth, but they deliberately colluded on a lie in order to gain a single place? Its beyond belief. If true then its simply a measure of how the formula has reduced drivers to a kind of underclass in the sport.

What I dont understand is this: They elected to air on the side of caution and give the place back, which for all intents and purposes is a very sporting thing to do. I find it hard to fathom therefor, how McLaren then conspired to 'gain' a place in the stewards meeting.

There must be more to the communication between McLaren and the FIA than is being released.

The only conclusion I can draw is that the affair is being deliberately sensationalised.
Quote from gezmoor :He was probably the easiest option, and close enough to the centre of the whole controversy

That's because he is the guy who f***ed up. Hamilton also played a part in the cheat attempt but I don't think anyone else did.
Hamilton did what he was told to do by his bosses. Simple as that.
Breaking news - Martin Whitmarsh accidentally told Hamilton to "go f**k himself" during a bad tempered team briefing. Lewis will now miss qualifying due to a bad sprain of various muscles.

His excuse is that he was told to by his bosses. As he is devoid of any personality or thoughts of his own, being a product of marketing, he doesn't understand. Rumour has it that he somehow tried to cheat during the self-fornication experience too.
obviously because tristan has a lack of talent (especially when coming into the pits), He was unable to secure a deal with a top F1 team from a young age and thus does not understand what it means to keep faith in the team and do what you have been told is the best option. I mean obviously Tritstan would just say to his team bosses, go **** your self i'm gonna tell em you told me to let him pass so it's all your fault
So you approve of lying and cheating? Well, Hamilton is now your man! At least no Hamilton fans can ever say anything bad at Schumi now. Ha ha ha.
Quote from BenjiMC :Hamilton did what he was told to do by his bosses. Simple as that.

This doesn't take away the responsibility for your actions.
In corporate world employee who has been instructed to break the law, will be punished for it. However the boss who issue the order, often gets away with much lesser punishment if any at all.

In the end, it was a gamble that McLaren took and it didn't pay off. I'm not naive enough to believe that there's no cheating or lying going on in F1, but you have to know when and where. Stewards office is not really a good place for it, especially when they have the information available to see through it.
i was a schumi fan too.
lol, to get it clear, yes it's wrong to lie to stewards, but i dont think it was lewis' fault. He has so much honour for the team he will just do what hes told in cases like this, they are the experienced ones and his advisors in this situation.
Quote from tristancliffe :So you approve of lying and cheating? Well, Hamilton is now your man! At least no Hamilton fans can ever say anything bad at Schumi now. Ha ha ha.

Tristan, you dont seriously believe that this whole affair is in any way credible do you? This whole thing has been done to start the season off with controversy.

Clearly Hamilton has no shot at the title this year, McLaren know this. For TV ratings they are of course willing to take a punch, they know it's in their interest, and they have contractual obligation to fulfill in this regard.

The more I think about the discrepancy of McLaren doing the sporting thing and wanting not to get caught fowl in the heat of the moment, the more I find it hard to believe they then lied and conspired to engineer getting the place back.

If they wanted 3rd so much they where prepared to cheat for it, why did they do the sporting thing in the first place?
Quote from BenjiMC :lol, to get it clear, yes it's wrong to lie to stewards, but i dont think it was lewis' fault. He has so much honour for the team he will just do what hes told in cases like this, they are the experienced ones and his advisors in this situation.

To be honest that is a piss poor excuse and shows more about Lewis than anything else.

If that is the case then he should have been able to realise what is likely to happen, and have the ball and guts to actually say what really happened. Instead, if it is as simple as it is made out to be, then Lewis acted in a deceitful manner and was weak.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :To be honest that is a piss poor excuse and shows more about Lewis than anything else.

If that is the case then he should have been able to realise what is likely to happen, and have the ball and guts to actually say what really happened. Instead, if it is as simple as it is made out to be, then Lewis acted in a deceitful manner and was weak.

When people say things like this, I have to wonder if they've ever managed to hold down a job in their lives. If my boss told me to do something underhanded (which he has in the past), instead of jeopardising my job, I will follow out his instructions without question. He's my boss for a reason, he makes decisions for a reason, and it's not for me to question him.

If people don't understand this, then they should plainly STFU, dig themselves out of their little cotton wool balls, and learn what the real world is all about.
I think it's more a case of engineering the fallout with this other fella taking the fall in order to protect their golden boy and their future participation in the championship.

I imagine this Ryan chap will get a hefty payout to buy his silence, because if he turned around and said that Whitmarsh was aware and compliant in this situation then that's McLaren out of F1.
Quote from dawguk :If people don't understand this, then they should plainly STFU, dig themselves out of their little cotton wool balls, and learn what the real world is all about.

I guess it's hard to imagine but for you but there actually are people who stand up for their own opinion and don't blindly follow orders "just" to keep a job.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I think it's more a case of engineering the fallout with this other fella taking the fall in order to protect their golden boy and their future participation in the championship.

I imagine this Ryan chap will get a hefty payout to buy his silence, because if he turned around and said that Whitmarsh was aware and compliant in this situation then that's McLaren out of F1.

At this time, Dave Ryan is suspended - not exactly the same as being sacked.
Quote from dawguk :When people say things like this, I have to wonder if they've ever managed to hold down a job in their lives. If my boss told me to do something underhanded (which he has in the past), instead of jeopardising my job, I will follow out his instructions without question. He's my boss for a reason, he makes decisions for a reason, and it's not for me to question him.

If people don't understand this, then they should plainly STFU, dig themselves out of their little cotton wool balls, and learn what the real world is all about.

Maybe I didn’t make myself clear...if my boss told me to do something which is clearly wrong, I wouldn’t do it....its called principals. The fact that you would never question the boss is slightly worrying.

If the stories are to be correct and be believed, Lewis blatntly lied to the stewards most likely under team orders. I'm sure many other drivers would have done the same, and I would be saying the exact same thing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG