The online racing simulator
Quake Live!
(34 posts, started )
Quake Live!
I'm amazed to see what ID have done! TO bring Quake 3 to being browser based and multiplayer AND free is extremely good work!!!!!

http://www.quakelive.com

It's extremely popular already, even in it's beta stage. Very solid indeed!
I want to say good things, but beeing queved in queves for 30 000 - 80 000 is bullshit, and at current rate I am never going to test it
They need to improve, or add more server capacity NOW, or ASAP, or like FREAKING OMG NOW I want to play >.<
Quote from The Very End :I want to say good things, but beeing queved in queves for 30 000 - 80 000 is bullshit, and at current rate I am never going to test it
They need to improve, or add more server capacity NOW, or ASAP, or like FREAKING OMG NOW I want to play >.<

It's beta!!!!! The fact it's that popular shows how good it is. Best to play late at night for Euro's right now. Still worth it though as it's free!
I tried to go online 05.00 today, before work. Still 4200 in queve at that point
Quote from The Very End :I tried to go online 05.00 today, before work. Still 4200 in queve at that point

Just stay in the queue for like 5 minutes. The queue goes down very quickly.
I joined at 7000-odd at work yesterday (just as a test) and then later when I got home at about 43000). Obviously peak times are going to be a nightmare, but I don't really understand what the problem is - Battlefield Heroes works in a similar way but there's no waiting at all for a game there.
Obviously it doesn't have the same massive market Quake does, but it's still busy.
#7 - STF
Position in queue: 33657 (45 minutes ago).
Position in queue: 1335 (now).
Let`s see what the fuss is about..

Btw, i`ve uploaded QuakeliveNP.msi to crapidshare..
Ease your waiting a little. (password is "lfs")
Mhhh.. me likes it
What is the diference with Q3 Arena online? I have q3 Arena with original Cd key...
when i tried it all i ever got was queues... log in.. back in a queue and i end up not logged in
its quite amazing really
Quote from Inouva :What is the diference with Q3 Arena online? I have q3 Arena with original Cd key...

Improved , or repolished graphics, some new weapons and such, like a nice little mod, and you can play it on the webbrowser.
needs to support google chrome
Just played this, can't believe just how well its been done...seriously!
Quote from spacedskunk :Just played this, can't believe just how well its been done...seriously!

Couldn't agree more... for a browser based "free" game its kickarse!
Its a bloody brilliant job they've done. Quake3 is still a great FPS after all these years
No queues anymore either. Add your usename in this thread if you play it .

I'm The_Moose

Maybe we could get a "clan" of LFS CTF'ers together
Quote :
Quake3 is still a great FPS after all these years

I've been having a go the last couple of days and am really impressed- everything is so well integrated and I guess the horrible queues have been sorted out- it's really easy to get online quickly for a game or two.

I'm Ekar.

I second the motion for an LFS clan.
Quote from The Moose :

That sounds like a bloody good idea

added too

name: Bandare
JAtko

[Stupid websites that don't allow my @ ]
Quote from The Moose :Its a bloody brilliant job they've done. Quake3 is still a great FPS after all these years
No queues anymore either. Add your usename in this thread if you play it .

I'm The_Moose

Out of every frag em up FPS I've played...Quake III is hands down my favourite tbh.

Name: spacedskunk
Quote from spacedskunk :Out of every frag em up FPS I've played...Quake III is hands down my favourite tbh.

I have to agree. We used to have a regular weekly LAN night and Q3 was always the most popular game. Its what i call a "pure" fragfest. Simple yet perfect.

I used to love a bit of COD 2 as well, but Q3 is the only FPS i really never get bored of. Having said that i haven't done any FPS's online for ages...and a few rounds of Q3 has made me realise how crap i am at it these days. I need to put some serious hours in to get back to form.

Nearly everyone i've added only plays FFA games though....dont any of you like CTF? I think its far more fun...cant stand FFA tbh.
I'm in

My username: CeltcKoby

P.S. I am Gauntlet crazy. I also am a lemming
I love Q3 but Quake Live doesn't have servers on south america so it's imposible to have a interesting match with 200+ ms of latency, I always can go and play original Q3+CPMA but nowadays almost nobody plays Q3 around here
I really like CTF.... great game we had last night Moosey.... stop fragging me pls
I just started it, and what a game, its so fun, even though i suck

i will join as well,

Name: 93Weeman
Quote from StableX :I really like CTF.... great game we had last night Moosey.... stop fragging me pls

Hehe, that was great fun....even if we do suck

Quake Live!
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG