Jenson Button
Sebastian Vettel
Robert Kubica
Sebastien Buemi
Lewis Hamilton
Jarno Trulli
Rubens Barrichello
Timo Glock
Quote from 5haz :Button and Rubens don't impress me as much as Ross Brawn himself though, he can probrably be held largely responsible for turning that team around, perhaps this is his next 'Ferrari'.

brawn didnt actually design the car lol

he just bought the team since he knew the car was good
Quote from Fastwalker :brawn didnt actually design the car lol

Really? Cos when he was team principal there he just sat on his arse all day?

:ices_rofl
Quote :If we consider Vettel's 52th laptime of 1:30.154 as inconsistancy/mistake (as the next lap he was doing again 1:29.721)

You can't just ignore the evidence that demonstrates my point and cite the rest :P

I dunno I didnt look at timing and such, I was going by feel, and I have a short memory and the rest was some days back so useful details are gone and all i'm left with is the impression but... Isn't a mistake part of what goes wrong when your tyres fade?

The point however wasn't whether Button did any good, i'd sooner commit hari kiri then defend Jenson Button on an internet forum. The point I was raising is that a driver with no mechanical sympathy can indeed break the car, either through error, or mistreatment. Whilst there are systems and such in place to prevent the common stuff sure, but the driver can influence the failures which occur, and in contrast to the post I was responding too, much more goes wrong on an F1 car than is rellevent to the race result... Often lots of little things have gone wrong.
Seriously, I've never understood the Schumacher is arrogant thing. Listen to his interviews, especially the post race ones. He never ever mentions that the win was ever only to do with him. At most he says things like "I was able to" followed by because things along the lines of...so and so did this and I got lucky or ...the car I was driving was good enough to let me. He's probably one of the most self depreciating drivers I've ever listened to in all honesty. That and the fact that he's not afraid to get involved in other things where he is very likely going to show himself up as not that great (like the football and motorcycle racing) and none of that adds up to a person that thinks they're the greatest thing ever who is afraid of looking bad.

Nearly every Brit I've heard saying bad things about Schumacher has always beed down to a couple of incidents between him and british drivers, (one in particular whom I would point out is the only Wiliams driver that Frank Williams has ever derided in public!!).
Quote from hyntty : The sole reason fro Brawns great performance is the fact that Honda with the biggest budget known to man running five windtunnels simultaniously spent the last season developing this car.

Toyota have the biggest budget.

Ross Brawn became part of the Honda F1 team after the 2007 season.

Quote from hyntty :You forget that this will only be a one year hype (unless Virgin group decides to invest a gaziljon pounds in it). Brawn has already fired lots of people, and the now inevitably lowered budget will not help them be any more competitive at times than any other team. The sole reason fro Brawns great performance is the fact that Honda with the biggest budget known to man running five windtunnels simultaniously spent the last season developing this car.

They have a head start, an advantage, and they can use their head start to increase their chances of getting some more money in, thats how racing teams get successful. At the moment Branson is paying next to nothing (in F1 terms) for his sponsorship, and I don't blame him as he signed the deal before the cars had even taken a chequered flag, but I'm sure that deal may be re-negotiated at a later date.

Remember also that F1 team budgets are being forced to shrink big time, which should make things a tiny bit easier for smaller budget teams.

Is it just me or are the cars really running quite a bit closer through the corners than they used to?
Quote from pacesetter :Really? Cos when he was team principal there he just sat on his arse all day?

aye lol

i thought he was just the 'manager' of the team or something
not having anything to do with the desin of aerodynamics etc of the car

guess i was wrong
Quote from gezmoor :Nearly every Brit I've heard saying bad things about Schumacher has always beed down to a couple of incidents between him and british drivers, (one in particular whom I would point out is the only Wiliams driver that Frank Williams has ever derided in public!!).

I'm german and I say he is an arrogant ****.

But I'm sure Vettel will "make up" for that. He got teh skills and the right personality.
Quote from zeugnimod :I'm german and I say he is an arrogant ****.

Maybe that's why I don't notice it then.... all you germans seem a bit aloof to me.. so I can't tell the difference
Vettel is too modest. He needs to toughen up, then he wont get stupid £50 billion for getting squeezed.
that incident had me reaching for 't' on the keyboard!

"R.Kubca - wtf man?"
Quick footnote for historical accuracy. Hamilton has now been excluded from this GP for he and the team deliberately misleading the FIA over the Trulli/SC incident.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :As a further reference, Trulli has got 3rd his place back

Quote :"...it was a controversial end of the race and it was hard for anyone to understand..."

Yep, I'm still in the dark... I've read three different new articles, and I still have no idea what went on....
Quote from amp88 :Quick footnote for historical accuracy. Hamilton has now been excluded from this GP for he and the team deliberately misleading the FIA over the Trulli/SC incident.

That's just poor.. I had a bad gut feeling about McLaren/Hamiltons sportmanship after the whole debarcle with Alonso.. and this new report just strengthens that feeling.
My summation of the events (could be wrong):

Trulli made a mistake and went off the track whilst the pack was under the control of the safety car.
Hamilton passed Trulli whilst he was off track (legitimately).
When Trulli recovered back on to the track Hamilton slowed to let him back through.

In the post race meeting with the stewards Hamilton did not tell them that he had slowed to let Trulli past, so they came to the conclusion Trulli made an illegal pass while under the control of the SC. Trulli was thus penalised the 25 seconds and Hamilton was promoted to 3rd.

It was because of the fact that Hamilton did not mention that he slowed down to let Trulli past that Trulli was penalised initially and that Hamilton was subsequently excluded.

Quote from gezmoor :That's just poor.. I had a bad gut feeling about McLaren/Hamiltons sportmanship after the whole debarcle with Alonso.. and this new report just strengthens that feeling.

Yes, I'm not surprised at all either. I've made it very public how I feel about McLaren's handling of the Stepneygate incident and I don't think they should have been allowed to drive after it was discovered they had classified Ferrari design data.
Yeah, that's what I have gathered from the BBC and The Guardian. I guess Hammy was told to slow and let Trulli pass, but the FIA didn't notice this piece of radio evidence and therefore penalised Trulli, assuming he had done it in an illegal fashion. I think McLaren sensed the opportunity of getting that 3rd place back and decided not to mention the radio communication, which the FIA had access to. It's interesting, but I think McLaren and the FIA should both share the blame on this one.
Hmm Button impressed you the most?? Cmon anyone of the other drivers driving that car could have done the same. Well Rubens didnt but u get my point. I say Vettel and Buemi impressed me most. Trulli aswell from the pits
Quote from Alles :Cmon anyone of the other drivers driving that car could have done the same.

Quote from Alles :Well Rubens didnt but u get my point.

Contradiction, much?
What a load of bullship both from FIA and Mclaren/Hamilton..... Why does every race has to be messed up.....
What's the point of even having a grand prix if it isn't going to decide where half the drivers finish? Okay these drivers have done something wrong, but the penalties are inconsistent with both past penalties, the 'crime' commited and are applied to the wrong person half the time! F1 2009 was looking to be a good season until this.

Want to make F1 fan-friendly? Stop ****ing about with them!

I'm annoyed at McLaren too, WTF were they thinking when they lied? There was clear evidence, surely the team knew about it and the maFIA it was obviously going to hear what Lewis said on the radio?
Seems fair to me, if they told the truth he would have kept his 4th place, but they lied and tried to cheat their way to 3rd. It was an easy decision to make and we can't argue with it, making a mistake is one thing, lieing about it is another, and given Mclarens recent history you would think honesty was a priority for them. Oh and this has ruined the season? Considering Hamilton won't be playing a part in it and he was lucky to even finish the race in the first place then I don't see how that can be the case.
Quote from DevilDare : What a load of bullship both from FIA and Mclaren/Hamilton..... Why does every race has to be messed up.....

Yes, it's the FIA's fault that Hamilton and McLaren are dishonest and lied to try and gain an advantage.

Oh, wait a second...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG