The online racing simulator
[REQUEST]Drift Server Help
Well guys can someone help me to fix my LFSLapper to looks like the 42d Drift Wars??? im Trying [sinanju]Guide but its not working.. Well if anyone can help me to make one like 42D Drift wars i will appreciate it!!! i post a image for help thx!....
Attached images
likethisone.JPG
Our insim is our personal insim. So pls ffs come with something new and dont copy our insim. And btw no one is gonna do it for free. That kind of insim take some time to work proper.
Quote from Ales_M :Our insim is our personal insim. So pls ffs come with something new and dont copy our insim. And btw no one is gonna do it for free. That kind of insim take some time to work proper.

i know that man i dont want to make it 100% like yours but for the system that working! i dont want to copy the 42d driftwars.. i want someone to help me to make one system like yours..
#4 - ___
Quote from flatron_22 :Well guys can someone help me to fix my LFSLapper to looks like the 42d Drift Wars??? im Trying [sinanju]Guide but its not working.. Well if anyone can help me to make one like 42D Drift wars i will appreciate it!!! i post a image for help thx!....

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=42219 I hope this helps. Twards the bottom is where they talk about it abit.
Quote from Ales_M :Our insim is our personal insim. So pls ffs come with something new and dont copy our insim. And btw no one is gonna do it for free. That kind of insim take some time to work proper.

You're being a dick to someone else in the community for their interest in your software. **** your attitude.
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :You're being a dick to someone else in the community for their interest in your software. **** your attitude.

There's a difference between interest in the software and interest in copying it, which...
Quote :(...) fix my LFSLapper to looks like the 42d Drift Wars??? im Trying [sinanju]Guide but its not working.. Well if anyone can help me to make one like 42D Drift wars i will appreciate it!!!

...is exactly what he wants to do. :thumbsdow
Quote from morpha :There's a difference between interest in the software and interest in copying it, which......is exactly what he wants to do. :thumbsdow

See, I assumed that the aforementioned software is not available to the public. It sounded like, from the OP, that it is simply a modification of LFSLapper, in which case it is kinda hypocritical to keep it private anyway. If it is in fact unavailable, it stands to reason that someone that wanted duplicate functionality would rather just copy what has already been done instead of reinventing the wheel.
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :See, I assumed that the aforementioned software is not available to the public.

Correct, it is not.

Quote from Mountaindewzilla :It sounded like, from the OP, that it is simply a modification of LFSLapper, in which case it is kinda hypocritical to keep it private anyway.

I agree, keeping it private would in fact be a violation of LFSLapper's license, as it is GPL licensed as far as I know.

Quote from Mountaindewzilla :If it is in fact unavailable, it stands to reason that someone that wanted duplicate functionality would rather just copy what has already been done instead of reinventing the wheel.

Also correct but since it is unavailable, "reinventing the wheel" is the only way. The idea for the "special bit" of our InSim, the multiplier, was shamelessly copied from GRID, but it is a 100% genuine implementation. So this InSim application is a reinvented wheel itself in a way
Quote from morpha :I agree, keeping it private would in fact be a violation of LFSLapper's license, as it is GPL licensed as far as I know.

That's a bit of a grey area I think. You haven't touched the source, you've just modified a config file. GPL only requires you to make the source available, which would be the same as the stock LFS Lapper

[REQUEST]Drift Server Help
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG