The online racing simulator
Is LFS finished?
(34 posts, closed, started )
Is LFS finished?
Not played for a while and thought i would have a go for old times sake last night. Have to saw i found it a bit dull...

Thing is i play a lot of GTR2 and Race 2007 and the racing a graphics are far superior. Brands hatch indy with minis, imola F3000 and formula BMW. Monza and Monza small circuit to name a few.

Is LFS a dated game that has had its time in the sun?
:inq:
Yes it is, you can go away now.
LFS is NOT a screenshot generator, it is racing simulator.

Simulator != graphics, simulator = physics.
Quote from Bontemps :Not played for a while and thought i would have a go for old times sake last night. Have to saw i found it a bit dull...

Thing is i play a lot of GTR2 and Race 2007 and the racing a graphics are far superior. Brands hatch indy with minis, imola F3000 and formula BMW. Monza and Monza small circuit to name a few.

Is LFS a dated game that has had its time in the sun?

We've had these kinds of threads before. It depends on what you look for in a game. If you find graphics are more important than proper physics and car handling, then yes, GTR2 and Race and the like are more your type of games. The emphasis in LFS is on physics rather than graphics. So yes, it can look a bit dated sometimes - although you can make it look almost as good as some of the recent "next gen" games as well if you know how - but the physics and the general "feel" of the cars is a lot more realistic than in the games you mentioned.

And to answer the question in the thread title: no, LFS is not finished
Quote from Shadowww :LFS is NOT a screenshot generator, it is racing simulator.

Simulator != graphics, simulator = physics.

How they say it? Oh i remember... "Fail"

Simulator = physics, graphics, sound
I disagree that a simulation is about physics. If you are a university professor then sure it is. For me a simulation is about recreating all the processes a driver goes through, reacting to flat spots, changes in the track, and battling other cars.

For me GTR2's online play is a wreckfest outside of leagues, and I dislike racing the fast cars because there is less wheel to wheel racing which is what I love about competing, so all i've got is racing against AI which just does not really cut it. Having said that I cannot deny it does give a better sense of atmosphere, it's the kind of game you can play on single player and after cross the line feel the unecessary desire to do the slowdown lap "just because".

LFS simulates physics very well, and the other players are as a rule the best pickup-racing players of any sim racing community i've dipped my foot into (the league racers are nice too, but they pretty much are everywhere), but it has a long way to go before it is a complete simulator, because the environment is not dynamic at all yet (in any sim), and that is needed before any race game can call itself a finished simulator.
Oh i used to love LFS. The BMW addition had me hooked for ages. Been an owner of LFS for 3 years now and its just recently i have found this. And on Race 2007 it is all wheel to wheel. Especially the minis. And for those ignorant, Race 2007 and GTR2 have great graphics AND great handling/physics. Actually the physics on LFS have been all over the place. Its only now that its kind of ok...
Quote from Bontemps :Race 2007 and GTR2 have great graphics AND great handling/physics. Actually the physics on LFS have been all over the place. Its only now that its kind of ok...

*mumbles something about utterly disagreeing but cant be bothered to get into a debate on it as the physics would be, in her view, passible if the rest of the game simulated the more important stuff*.
Quote from Bontemps :Race 2007 and GTR2 have great graphics AND great handling/physics.

If you prefer arcade'ish'ish physics, then yes.
in before the close!
Yes, LFS is Finnished in some countries.
Hell no, lfs is not finished, it's still Alpha :/ And in my opinion it will not to be finished in future.
if alpha means finished for you, than yes.
lfs development stopped , so, yes it's finishished
Quote from mantvisrep :lfs development stopped , so, yes it's finishished

It hasn't stopped, 3 men can only go so fast, and they are doing an excellent job. People complaining about the speed of development dosen't help one bit.
#18 - Byku
Omg... i don't care if LFS is finished or not, it's very good and it will be better(Scawen has already said that there will be future updates in this year in physics department). That counts for me. So please... stop this bs. Scawen didn't remove that alpha tag because he is a perfectionist, and he is an honest person who believes in something and sticks to it against all odds... (it sounds almost like all that Dark Knight stuff ). Guys, the fact that there is alpha tag is something that does only good for all You who have bought the game. It means there will be at least one update before LFS finish . Scawen said what needs to be done before removing alpha tag and i believe he will do it. Yeah, it won't take a month, maybe not a year even... and i don't care. 24 pounds was a deal of a lifetime. I like to be part of this community, i come here everyday, i play LFS from time to time and i've never felt that i've lost my money(like when i've bought GTA IV on pc.... , great game.... but i've played it for a month and that's it). Really... all that talk about "lfs dead", "lfs finished" etc... IT'S BORING and it serves no purpose except polluting this forum with useless threads.

AND YEAH.... if you're bored... play some other game from time to time.... and if You're playing only LFS... then DAMN! IT IS REALLY GOOD THEN, ISN'T IT? 24 pounds for the only game worth of playing. Btw. Yeah... i don't have anything else to play :P.
#19 - AMB
Quote from Dopey :in before the close!

It's in before the lock, or commonly known as IBTL

bAm
#20 - Juls
More and more threads like this...it shows something. Not clear what it is, but noone can continue ignoring it.
development
Hi !

I really hope that lfs will never stop to develop, but at the moment i have a bad feeling ...
since last testpatch z10 much time is gone. I would be happy for evry little dev, to see a light at the end of the z testpatches .. , and of course i wait for the scirocco ,too.
...may the devs never stop working on this ...

nice greetinx, Xcite MI6hTy M.
Scawen should came here and say at last "Calm down, we are still working on the patch 0.6A." That silence is killing us.
#23 - Byku
He said so a couple of times... just go on his profile and check his last messages. Yeah, one is from the beginning of march but still. And some time ago he has posted some stuff in... hidden part of the forum ...

Oh and btw. LFS is their income... who would like to lose such a good income?
Quote from Amynue :Scawen should came here and say at last "Calm down, we are still working on the patch 0.6A." That silence is killing us.

Maybe he's working on the patch instead of answering all the threads that he's working on it?

I'm sure that Scawen&Co will be way happier than us when they release the patch.
Quote from Juls :More and more threads like this...it shows something. Not clear what it is, but noone can continue ignoring it.

Yeah, it shows the decreasing intelligence of posters.
This thread is closed

Is LFS finished?
(34 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG