The online racing simulator
force feed back settings
(15 posts, started )
force feed back settings
Hey, I just bought the g25 and this game and was wondering what your force feed back settings are. Mine are currently set at 50 and I was have a really hard time turning the wheel on that third or fourth training level where you go around the cones. So what settings do you guys use? I am also using 900 degrees steering, don't know if that factors in when calculating what my force feedback should be at. I want it to feel as real as possible, but when I turn down force feedback, I don't feel crashes and bumps as intensely.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm really new at all this.
The degrees of rotation should be set to the car's range, in LFS that would be 720° for the road cars.

FFB ingame to 100, Logitech Profiler (version 5.04) as seen in the attached image. This gives LFS total control over the FFB, meaning you'll get the feedback straight from the simulator without any amplification or centering spring nonsense
Attached images
lfs_profiler_settings.jpg
I use the same settings but on 900 on the profiler and in game. In game I use about 12-25 FF and the wheel turn compensation at about .80

Hope that helps
Quote from morpha :The degrees of rotation should be set to the car's range, in LFS that would be 720° for the road cars.

FFB ingame to 100, Logitech Profiler (version 5.04) as seen in the attached image. This gives LFS total control over the FFB, meaning you'll get the feedback straight from the simulator without any amplification or centering spring nonsense

Jesus, your arms and shoulders must look like Arnold Schwarznegger's if you use those settings I have the FFB set to 101% in Windows (don't use the Profiler) and change it in game depending on the car, but never set it above 50. More than heavy enough for me

Also, on a related note: does anyone know what to put in the <car>.lfs files to change the FFB setting in the game according to the car you choose? For example in the LX6 I use 45%, while in the FZ5 I use 35%. How do I change the ingame FFB strength using a command that I can put in the <car>.lfs files?
Quote from obsolum :Jesus, your arms and shoulders must look like Arnold Schwarznegger's if you use those settings

Well I'd say an hour or two of racing this settings could be considered a reasonable workout. I've got bottles of water and cans of Red Bull piling up next to my rig, it's more work than fun sometimes I must admit. Even so I'm still a skinny geek, both physically and mentally

I'm after realism and my settings do feel realistic to me. Even if they didn't I'd still want to get my feedback the way Scawen intended it to be.
#6 - Byku
Quote from obsolum :does anyone know what to put in the <car>.lfs files to change the FFB setting in the game according to the car you choose? For example in the LX6 I use 45%, while in the FZ5 I use 35%. How do I change the ingame FFB strength using a command that I can put in the <car>.lfs files?

Here i've attached my scripts, i'm using them with my G25, You can edit them however You want .

Just copy them to "scripts" in data folder in LFS.
Attached files
script.zip - 5.2 KB - 161 views
Quote from Byku :Here i've attached my scripts, i'm using them with my G25, You can edit them however You want .

Just copy them to "scripts" in data folder in LFS.

Okay gotcha, so I just put /ff xx. I had tried /FFB but that didn't work. Thanks a bunch!
I run everything at 80% in profiler, 720 degrees and about 40 force strength in game.
Quote from c00kie :I run everything at 80% in profiler, 720 degrees and about 40 force strength in game.

ooohh, yuk. That's just not letting LFS do its thing then. It introducing forces that LFS isn't producing, which is a waste of LFS' superb FFB.

Really, try it with the settings in the second post, but use 101% FFB instead of 100.

It might feel a bit odd to start with,becuse of the settings you're used too, but after a few hours you will really feel the difference.

In game FFB you should adjust for each car. You will probably find that 40 is to high for a lot of the cars.
Quote from The Moose :Really, try it with the settings in the second post, but use 101% FFB instead of 100.

Not with profiler 5.04, it's linear at 100% and there's no deadzone, 101% causes a "pendulum effect" (FFB slightly "overshooting" so it starts going left to right and back again on it's own) so if you're on profiler >= 5.02 (I think that's where they fixed it), go with 100%

Also do not set the axis sensitivity for the steering axis higher than 50%, don't know why but it just doesn't work.
The axis sensitivity of the brake pedal however should be set to somewhere around 35%.
To set the sensitivity, click the axis in the profiler and select "Axis Properties...", rest is self-explanatory.
Attached images
lgs_axis_sens.jpg
Quote from morpha :Not with profiler 5.04, it's linear at 100% and there's no deadzone, 101% causes a "pendulum effect" (FFB slightly "overshooting" so it starts going left to right and back again on it's own) so if you're on profiler >= 5.02 (I think that's where they fixed it), go with 100%

Ahh, thanks for clarifying that
my configuration is like in the picture below and in the game is with 10 force
im drifter
Attached images
BOSZ-508.jpg
Quote from morpha :... so if you're on profiler >= 5.02 (I think that's where they fixed it), go with 100% ...

Thanks for the info, I drive with 101% for ages now and had no clue that they fixed this flaw. Just out of curiosity, is there some kind of official statement from Logitech regarding this bugfix? I couldn't even find a full changelog for version 5.02
Quote from Hoshimodo :Thanks for the info, I drive with 101% for ages now and had no clue that they fixed this flaw. Just out of curiosity, is there some kind of official statement from Logitech regarding this bugfix? I couldn't even find a full changelog for version 5.02

Not that I know of, probably wasn't even a bug per se but unwanted interpolation on the axis readout and they just changed that a bit. I think that's pretty much what the axis sensitivity setting is there for and at 50%, 100% FFB appears to be linear with 0 wheel turn compensation in LFS.

force feed back settings
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG