The online racing simulator
Quote from deggis :are you sure you have correct Profiler settings? Put Damper & Spring effects to 0% (and of course centering spring should be turned completely off too, you probably know this). Lower the overall effects strenght in the Profiler too (between 50-100%) - do especially that if you feel it's too heavy. In LFS with less FF you feel more. It might not feel like it after GTL - which is for me full of random canned FF effects.

But I actually prefer Richard Burns Rally's FF feel over LFS's, in LFS I miss the curbs and bumps (altough LFS tracks aren't that bumpy) which should feel more rough. And the sometimes weird too light center area. I have black MOMO too.

ps. There's one value at least which you can change for better FF. I'm not sure what it exactly does but try it: "From LFS main folder, open cfg.txt, find line FF Steps, type 256 save and quit"

Well I have tried and tried again in the past with all these settings and the profiler is set to what you say as they turn out to be the best settings for nearly every sim.Most people won't notice how strong the force is unless you have problem like I do.

Anyhow this isn't the place to really be talking about wheels so I'll leave it at that.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :ROFL

PS Luckily I am at home finally, just got the patch installed.... When boys go to bed (they're tired... really...) then it's time...

And don't forget, if you chose to drug your children and the misses so they sleep all weekend, no one will judge you for it.
I like it Dev's... The BF1 is kick@$$ good job on geting that. And new tracks are pretty kool!
I don't want to sound ungreatfull, but i was really convinced that we would get new cockpits for the cars.. When i look at other games cockpits i get really sad looking at LFS.. That BMW wheel looks like it was made in hurry, and it is so 2D.. It's the best sim out there, no doubt about that, but c'mon, the cockpits are really horrific compared to other games..
Quote from schofei :THANK YOU DEVS

An incredible software has got even better !

Jepp,nothing more to say...welldone
Quote from Boris Lozac :I don't want to sound ungreatfull, but i was really convinced that we would get new cockpits for the cars.. When i look at other games cockpits i get really sad looking at LFS.. That BMW wheel looks like it was made in hurry, and it is so 2D.. It's the best sim out there, no doubt about that, but c'mon, the cockpits are really horrific compared to other games..

Yeah. I was kinda hoping for new cockpits too. I wonder what Eric has been doing. One car, two redone cockpits (FOX and FO8), two new track configs and some minor gfx improvements took half-year?
The patch is awesome and the BF1 rocks on the oval. Many thanks!
oh jeez ... please guys ... make the bf1s tyres more realistic in the sense that they pop at ovals
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
So little time, so much critisism.

This patch is a quantum leap over the previuos version and at the end of the day this is still an Alpha . . . . You can't demand that the Devs qualify their day, week, year because you have no idea what they are doing with thier time . . . . I'm sure the BMW/Intel deal took some working out; The physics Rawks, that must have taken time; Victor might already have the cockpits sorted, but to save on download size they wern't included, they are after all cosmetic and won't knacker up the WR system . . . We just don't know. The devs make no excuses for how they spend their days within in the LFS remit. They might not churn out crap like the big houses but what they do do, they do it well. LFS is a kick ass sumiulator and I think it's the best one out there by a long shot. It has massive potential and as more and more licensee's and sponsers come on board you will see a massivly involving and realistic racing package.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Just chill out and enjoy what you have. Or if you want more, learn how to do it yourself.
Great! Thank you!

Graphics updates rock!
One word - AWESOME
oh maaaaannn... 2 days ago my pc suddenly f***** up,
and no matter what I did it didnt help. - contactet support lines etc,
but still my pc wouldn work.

..so last evening i reformatet it....
-very strange feeling to sit with total blank pc
I spent all night untill 08 this morning. - re installing drivers, all programs and files from cd-roms.
and FINALLY got the new patch.

..and I must say... :banana: its great.
-only one thing... some cars are allmost TOO easy to drive now.
and wtf happened to Aston. did BMW buy the track..
but cool to the see all the new track details.

so overall.. to the new patch.
Quote from G.D.Matteoni : Thank You Scavier

Quote from bo-kristiansen : to the new patch.

What is a patch ?

I just want to say thanks to the devs for releasing a polished physics update. All the cars I've driven so far feel so much more realistic now and the BF1, well what can you say that hasn't already.

When I took this baby onto South City Long Reversed I thought the car was going to literally take off (up the slip road towards to gas cylinder). I felt myself lift off the chair it was that exhilerating! Fantastic, absolutely fantastic.

Well, I'm sure we'll be in for more treats soon enough, but there's enough there to keep us occupied for a long time to come. Great work and keep it up!
THANK YOU DEVS
Quote from ebola :moron

did you really have to call me a moron? how childish.
Thanks
Great work guys
Hooked
Thanks Dev's, now I'm hooked.
I can kiss my social life goodbey, because I can't stop playing with the new BF1.
It's so f***ing fast and very easy to drive.
Now all the other cars are way to SLOW......
Great work !!!
Quote from Funnybear :So little time, so much critisism.

This patch is a quantum leap over the previuos version and at the end of the day this is still an Alpha . . . . You can't demand that the Devs qualify their day, week, year because you have no idea what they are doing with thier time . . . . I'm sure the BMW/Intel deal took some working out; The physics Rawks, that must have taken time; Victor might already have the cockpits sorted, but to save on download size they wern't included, they are after all cosmetic and won't knacker up the WR system . . . We just don't know. The devs make no excuses for how they spend their days within in the LFS remit. They might not churn out crap like the big houses but what they do do, they do it well. LFS is a kick ass sumiulator and I think it's the best one out there by a long shot. It has massive potential and as more and more licensee's and sponsers come on board you will see a massivly involving and realistic racing package.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Just chill out and enjoy what you have. Or if you want more, learn how to do it yourself.

I could not say anything better.. LFS is simply the best "racing game simulator" i've ever put my hands on. It's superb. It proves that few people can create an impressing product and sell it with success.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: to SCAVIER!!!!
is it just me or is the as cadet pit exit wider? if it is thanks i appreciate that one.
Something seems to be wrong with the netcode. Even small private servers are lagging quite badly. Changing packets per second does not affect the lag.
Lag is shown as warping cars, the smoothness of movement has dropped dramatically compared to before-patch state.
Quote from plehto :Something seems to be wrong with the netcode. Even small private servers are lagging quite badly. Changing packets per second does not affect the lag.
Lag is shown as warping cars, the smoothness of movement has dropped dramatically compared to before-patch state.

I've had 0 problems LFS is the same online as it was before the patch with me ...

Keiran

Live for Speed S2 Version S (NOW U)
(367 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG