The online racing simulator
Round 1 - Post Race Discussion
Got hit in T3 of lap 1 because someone was using the usual FXO tactic of pushing every other car out of the way. Then got on my roof because of some strange lag. Can't be bothered to go on, sorry.
#2 - J@tko
W00t pole

I was 10th coming into the last corner, and I was like "please please please two guys in front of me crash", and they did!

8th place, pretty good

Even though the XRTs just come flying past you on the straights

GL for second race
Excellent Racing .
Some good racing there lads well done.

If you have any reports, please PM them to me ASAP, and we hope to see you all next round
that was good fun

Race 1 - my mind was not in it because of something that happened.

Race 2 - I enjoyed it alot, some goo racing and some good passes made. i was just picking of positions.

Hope to see ya's in the next round hopefully
#6 - J@tko
Awesome

Had a graceful fall through the pack, but some AMAZING racing along the way, thanks to egin, the spanish guy, de souza [for crashing :P], various jacks, michelin for making tyres that didnt burn

Still annoyed about the chatting and that Airio wasn't turned off till halfway through quali but hey
Qualifying 4th was better than expected.

2nd on the first race was much better than expected.

Driving in 5th on the second race was making me happy, untill I crashed and went down to 8th.

Gotta love the XRT+RB4 fights on this track.
The chatting was very excessive, and will be cracked down on in future.

The Airio incident was unfortunate, and we do apologise for it kicking people for no good reason.

Points will be posted within next few moments
I'm still behind the theory that the FXO is too fast. 12 laps into the 14 lap feature race one of the FXO's set a lap time .2 slower than the XRT World Record. None of the XRT's got near that pace even in the sprint race, on better tyres.
Quote from Wilko868 :The Airio incident was unfortunate, and we do apologise for it kicking people for no good reason.

That's cool, just a bit weird to be kicked from inactivity while driving, miss 6 minutes of the qualify AND be told to shut up after that.

Seriously now, it's really better to leave any insim stuff off or at least leave only the very necessary features on. And concerning the chatting, maybe a "chat = instant penalty" rule?
Quote from de Souza :That's cool, just a bit weird to be kicked from inactivity while driving, miss 6 minutes of the qualify AND be told to shut up after that.

Seriously now, it's really better to leave any insim stuff off or at least leave only the very necessary features on. And concerning the chatting, maybe a "chat = instant penalty" rule?

that would get people to shut up, i think
Yeah, that will be implimented next round for sure.

EDIT: Points have been posted, only finishers are noted.
Great racing.

Quali: Went great got a new pb

Race1: Good start from 4th to 2nd and then good fighting with Gamito for couple of laps. Then after the long uphill into the 180 right hander i was taking a defensive line for an fxo from behind and at the same time hoping for an opening in front. Just braked too late and Gamito took his line and couldn't avoid and we ended up scrupping metal. (Checked the replay, there could have been enough room. I just braked too late and couldn't hold the line, sorry again). Slight lag might have added to the impact got quite a big damage to my left rear tire. Let Gamito back ahead we dropped two or three places. And then chasing after the rest. Around lap 5 guys ahead collided in the last corner and i managed to pass two cars so in 4th place. But just couldn't keep my pace high enough with the damaged left back and Void nicely passed me just 1 lap before the finish.

Race 2: Great position to start 4th place, but damn also 2 more rb4 ahead. So not a big advantage in the start. Managed to get past Ergin quickly after the start (teammate pass ). Then chasing after J@tko catched up on 2nd lap in the backstraight. Some nice fighting the last two corners and got a better exit from the last corner when J@tko went slightly wide in the corner entry. Then just really trying to keep my pace up. After couple of laps Void had come on top of the chasing group and he was gaining fast i think around 0.5sec a lap at one point. I think he was almost 1sec away from me at one point but then he made some sort of mistake in the last corner and i got some breathing room. Knew that a 4sec difference would be enough to finish 1st.

Good racing see you guys in the next race...
Well.

Quali: New PB and last position on the grid.

Race 1: Hanging back during the first lap and waiting for the other people to crash. Great battle with N.Murray on the last lap. Swapping paint and all. New PB and due to others bad luck finished 17th!

Race 2: Got a really good start and as other people crashed and stuff got as high as 14th before the 1st split. Then got greedy and made bad mistakes and dropped down to about 19th. Got my act together for the last few laps and had some chances of catching up to Pontio. But made too many stupid little mistakes. Or jaust wasn't fast enought. Still a new PB and finished 17th.
Okay. So first of all, sorry for being late. Wasn't really my fault though. Then, sorry for my silly behaviour on Race 1. I was incredibly tired yesterday, due the general bad life pace I had the last weeks. I paid for that yesterday, as it was impossible for me to be concentrated enough. But Race 2 was clearly better, started 15th, I had a good rythm, I was pleasently surprised to be involved in the scrap for 5-6-7-8-9th place at the end of the race. I still can't belive that I finished only 1.5 tenth of seconds behind the 8th place, but that was a good battle; thanks to the guys who were involved in.

So, next round, ky2, don't know if I will be there but wait and see.
Really good racing last night lads, very fun to watch! Let's hope it continues throughout the series
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Okay. So first of all, sorry for being late. Wasn't really my fault though. Then, sorry for my silly behaviour on Race 1. I was incredibly tired yesterday, due the general bad life pace I had the last weeks. I paid for that yesterday, as it was impossible for me to be concentrated enough. But Race 2 was clearly better, started 15th, I had a good rythm, I was pleasently surprised to be involved in the scrap for 5-6-7-8-9th place at the end of the race. I still can't belive that I finished only 1.5 tenth of seconds behind the 8th place, but that was a good battle; thanks to the guys who were involved in.

So, next round, ky2, don't know if I will be there but wait and see.

Nothing at all against you Yann [nor directed at you], but:

Quote :1b) Any driver missing the start of a session will not be permitted to start
it, and will start the next session from the back, e.g. Driver misses start of
qualifying, is not permitted to enter the session, and will start the race
from the back.

Sounds like it was awsome fun. I got the call up even though I was far down the list but I was to hungover to drive so I decided to not join at least I couldnt ruin anyones race that way. Seems I missed out. Oh well I hope to get a call up to round two.
Quote :1b) Any driver missing the start of a session will not be permitted to start
it, and will start the next session from the back, e.g. Driver misses start of
qualifying, is not permitted to enter the session, and will start the race
from the back.

Yeah Jack... I should read the rules more carefully. But IIRC, the admins didn't forgave me to take part to quali, when I connected one of them said something like "fast Yann", by that I understood that I could go on.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Yeah Jack... I should read the rules more carefully. But IIRC, the admins didn't forgave me to take part to quali, when I connected one of them said something like "fast Yann", by that I understood that I could go on.

Agreed, but the admins shouldn't have let you in
Quote from March Hare :Got my act together for the last few laps and had some chances of catching up to Ponti. But made too many stupid little mistakes. Or jaust wasn't fast enought. Still a new PB and finished 17th.

Fixed the name

During the feature race I was hit in the first lap and then again in fourth and that made me lose several positions. After a couple laps all the feelings and the tension had faded away already, also because of a stupid mistake that meant losing completely sight of the pack.

That would have happened anyway I think as IIRC mine was really the slowest car to cross the finish line in the 2nd race but how it happened left somewhat of a bitter taste in my mouth.

So I was basically racing alone and plodding along for half the race, I was really expecting for you to pop up in my mirrors sooner or later and was indeed quite surprised you didn't.

The sprint race has been more satisfying for me, but as I crossed the finish line I thought 'what? finished already' would be nice to have its length extended to 20-25 minutes while still keeping the feature at 30 mins.
Quote from NightShift :Fixed the name

I'm horrible with names.
Quote :So I was basically racing alone and plodding along for half the race, I was really expecting for you to pop up in my mirrors sooner or later and was indeed quite surprised you didn't.

Stupid little mistakes. And I burned my front tyre. Mostly because of the mistakes.
It was like "I'm gaining! Must go faster! Oh crap! Went wide lost time." Basically I need to work on my consistency.
Quote :The sprint race has been more satisfying for me, but as I crossed the finish line I thought 'what? finished already' would be nice to have its length extended to 20-25 minutes while still keeping the feature at 30 mins.

If the events would start earlier I'd go for 15min sprint and 45min feature.
I'm sure the next time I'll be the one trying to catch up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG