The online racing simulator
Firefox problem.
(31 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
Firefox problem.
Since yesterday Firefox has not wanted to work, comes up with a APPCRASH error.

How could I fix the problem, already tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Information I get from the error.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: firefox.exe
Application Version: 1.9.0.3372
Application Timestamp: 49cbcea4
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c000009a
Exception Offset: 00009cac
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 9d13
Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
Additional Information 3: 9d13
Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Would I have to download ntdll.dll and overwrite the file to see if it works.
#2 - arco
Try to start Firefox in safe mode. Could be a plugin that causes the crash.
Use a better browser, that's a quick and easy fix. !
#4 - sam93
Still doesn't work in Safe Mode. I have to fix this problem lol, I am using Opera atm and it's killing me lol - It's so slow and unresponsive at times.
Opera slow?
#6 - arco
Quote from sam93 :Still doesn't work in Safe Mode. I have to fix this problem lol, I am using Opera atm and it's killing me lol - It's so slow and unresponsive at times.

Hmm, try to erase your profile folder maybe... Backup your bookmarks first.
I think the profile is under %appdata%\mozilla\firefox\profiles\
#7 - sam93
can't find profile file.
Delete your Mozilla content from the registy?
#9 - sam93
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Delete your Mozilla content from the registy?

How do I do that again lol. Haven't done things to the reigstry for donkies lol.
#10 - arco
On the odd occasion that i use firefox (mainly for downloading vids using the plugins) it sometimes goes a bit mad for some reason.

Some days it will be totally fine and other days it will constantly keep crashing after about 10 seconds making it impossible to do anything as it wont stay running for long enough, 10 seconds and crash, every time.

I have had the same plugins installed for ages and havent changed them at all.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Very strange.
Quote from arco :What operating system?

Press the Windows Key+R, then type %appdata%\mozilla\firefox\profiles
and press enter. Should work at least in Vista and Seven.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder

Looking at the version number, it would be Vista.

Exception Code: c000009a
That means insufficient system resources. Doesn't look right to me.

Try posting your problem - or even better, search for it - here: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Support+Website+Forums

Make sure to include details on the circumstances of the crash: what you do, what other programs (including the ones in system tray) are running, and what changes you made to the system prior to the first crash (new programs, uninstalling, drivers, etc.). Merely saying that it crashes is like taking a car to a mechanic to say that it "doesn't go".
I tried to overwrite the ntdll.dll file as in the crash report it seems to say there is something wrong with ntdll.dll
I have had a look in the system32 folder and it is there, I downloaded ntdll again but it wont let me overwrite it - says I do not have permission to change the file even though I am administrator lol.
All working now lol.
cool lol
Quote from 91mason91 :cool lol

I concur wholeheartedly with what this person (whom I've quoted) has said.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Use a better browser, that's a quick and easy fix. !

What would you recommend? I have never had any problem with firefox but it's the only web browser I have used apart from IE which I loathe. What do you use?
I use Google Chrome. Apart from a few compatibility problems with some Flash/java programs, I still have to use IE occasionally for things like Mini Golf.

Chrome looks nice and is just clean and uncluttered. I tried Firefox and all it gave me was BSOD's from conflicting with otherwise very good ATI drivers. Firefox is the single biggest over-rated piece of internet software since the turn of the century, in my eyes.

I used Internet Explorer for some 3 years without a problem... it's just as secure as any other browser. Difference is that any other browser tends to have idiot-proofing features..
Well as you have only had a problem with ATi drivers with firefox and since I have never had any problems with firefox and being very happy with it since I think it is clean, fast and easy to use, I shall stick with it. I don't think it is over-rated. You have just had some problems due to your own drivers which I have never had a problem with. I never had any problem with IE, but it's just so damn slow compared to firefox. From my experience anyway. I thought I was missing out on using a far superior web browser that you have.
try google chrome
I shall give it a go some time but shall stick with firefox for now because I am used to it and I find it very easy to navigate.
opera is nice, fast and pretty stable
I unintentionally just loaded Firefox on my Macbook Pro and at the same time switched my Mac Pro on... The Mac Pro was booted and Safari was loaded while Firefox was still pissing around 'installing updates', probably updating from version 1.1.7.8 to 1.1.7.9 or something equally as meaningless. n1 Firefox.
Quote from 91mason91 :opera is nice, fast and pretty stable

Opera imo is crap. I tried it when Firefox stopped working for a day. It's slow compared to firefox, basically sluggish and sometimes I found, wouldn't load up a webpage.

I am yet to try Google Chrome. I swear by Firefox atm as I have used it for the past 3 or 4 years.

Firefox problem.
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG