The online racing simulator
Nice but its still an Opel.
Adds new perspective to the old saying: "You cant polish a turd!"

Cossie was nice, would have preferred seeing THAT in as much detail...

In any case, if that guy has that much time to waste, he could always tart up my Swifty....Heaven knows it NEEDS something doing to it! (for free, of course!)
I don't see why all the attention to the outside of the car was necceasy but the engine and the inside of the car looks amzing
WOW that is crazy, that guy is a legend and is very clever,

Must love that car
Quote from asbjoern :secon'd

why spend so much money and time on an astra???

Id rather modify a astra than a volvo(points at your sig)

But on topic more nice car wht project i wouldn't do it for sure
If he cleans it everytime like that there will be no paint left after a few years :P
Why the hell would someone spend so much time on such a mass produced car... Detailing a rare car is ok, but why bother on an Astra Now you can clearly see that every panel has typical mass production "flaws". So much effort on polishing the front bumper, which isn't even properly color matched.... So much effort on cleaning the interior plastic, which doesn't even fit properly....

Measuring the paint thickness is just retarded Even the most expensive Mercs are sometimes partially resprayed after transport. Face it, you can't transport and store thousands of cars in a sealed box. Maybe if you buy a Rolls or something equally expensive, but every other mass produced car is transported with just some protective stickers. It's not like it's been resprayed by an idiot with a can of paint from the local DIY store, most car storage facilities have a professional resprayer on site.
You should be thankful if it has been resprayed. Twice the paint thickness for the same price
Quote from kaynd :The only insane thing I see is the car washing… Apart from that I notice only minor modifications… nothing really sophisticated apart from the esthetical part. And really when I saw the subwoofer it lost me there. The Nurburgring badges and heavy sound systems is just “no go”…

Yeah, he should have stopped with the rollbar really... And all that sound deadening to just half the outside noise? As any audiophile would point out: that's still a sh*tload of interference...

I don't even want to know how much he spent for this project - anyone of us had it probably taken to the track that gave its name to the car a couple of times for that money... Money way better spent me thinks...
Ridiculous attention to detail! Interesting read.
Quote :Now i paid around £18,100 if i remember correctly for my last vxr and now it was 15 months old and had 4 bald tyres so i was surpised when the dealership Astons in Melton Mowbray offered me a part exchange of £16400 which meant only a £1700 change over price for a standard Nurburgring so it was a no brainer....I like to think that the upkeep of my car washed every 3 days and never ever outside overnight combined with a constant 5 layers of wax on at any time influenced this decision of which i was informed it was....The car sold straight away to a new owner...My old car did have a reputation as possibly the cleanest vxr on the planet which i was proud of..

Looks like he didn't go crazy after getting his new car, he was certified nutcase even before that.

"The Nurburgring Edition named after the car’s spiritual home"...
That car's spiritual home is at parking lot of your nearest grocery store with all other shopping carts.
Quote :...within the Show and Shine forums, part of the The Show Room category

Did anyone ever think that he is doing this for the company to have a display car? Those commenting saying that "stupid, drive it just once and it's trashed again..." don't seem to understand what this particular car, "#1 of 835" is.

Oh, about the sound deadening, I only breezed through the last of the first page, but that isn't to eliminate outside noise with car audio. It is to deaden the resonant frequencies coming from the panels with an audio system. I agree, all that extra weight for something that you would only drive on the track is stupid, but this particular single car will, obvious to me, never be driven anywhere, let alone on a track.

It's a case of completing a perfectly finished car as a showpiece of the company.

As for extreme detailing of a car, I use to detail my vehicles when I was single and didn't have more important things in my life (kids, wife, house upkeep...) I didn't detail like this, but I did detail the entire vehicle twice a year and with the last one, my 89 Toyota Pickup truck, I ended up totaling it in an accident. I was 4wheeling 3 days prior to the accident where my truck was completely covered in mud from roof to tires including the engine bay. The insurance company sent me a 3 page itemized list of extra value because everything was "extra clean". I received an extra $1800 in the value of the vehicle because of the "extra clean" detailing of it. $1800 was almost 1/3 of what I paid for the truck.
I saw that a while back, he's certainly enthusiastic and it's obviously his profession.
I only liked the car until he removed the white wheels and put some boring ones on.
Took it from distinctive to very boring.
I can understand him mopping the cars to get rid of the swirls. I mop mine every few months as you can really notice the swirls when light is hitting the car, and its kind of ruins the look of the car. As for things like brushing the excess grease off the hinges or waxing the suspension springs (wtf?), then yes, thats abit too much for me.

I would hate to drive the damn thing if i spent so many hours cleaning and polishing the it! The car would get dusty again as soon as you travel 20 feet!
UTTER toss. Cossie was nice though.
Looked through the whole thing and turns out I actually like his approach and attention to details. Maybe waxing springs and removing small pencil marks from body panels before laying sound proofing all over them goes just a little bit too far, but he put a lot of care into tuning it and didn't go overboard with glassfiber. Especially sound system is well throught out and it's not the usual "plenty of bass with nothing else" and sound proofing makes sense to get most out of it.

Wheel paint looks good, white alloys just pop out too much and it looks better with some shades of gray in there to balance out the overall contrast.
i would have done the brakes, suspension and engine tuning- no paint or buffing or stereo non sense
and wring the cars neck everywhere i went.
its an astra but it is a stinking fast astra and its supposed to be smacked around like a late rent payer
That's just madness, IMHO. I love my cars, I really do... but that's too much.
Even if it's a limited edition, it's still an Astra. The final result is superb, it looks much nicer than any other Astra... but I don't think it's worth it.

And then, the power of a Standard VXR is 237bhp, more than a FWD car can handle; but he has a Nurburgring Edition (that's 251bhp). He than upgrades the power to 280bhp and 320 lbft of torque.
I would not be too surprised if he would torquesteer into a tree the first time he floors it on the road. And that would be a laugh, after the time and the money he has spent on it.
That would mean he would drive the car, he doesn't. He parks it in the garage, wanks into a pot of zymol and sticks his tiddler up it's exhaust every night.
#43 - Jakg
Quote from kingfag :Maybe if you buy a Rolls or something equally expensive, but every other mass produced car is transported with just some protective stickers.

The Phantom is wrapped in a protective jacket while in transport.
Quote from DejaVu :That would mean he would drive the car, he doesn't. He parks it in the garage, wanks into a pot of zymol and sticks his tiddler up it's exhaust every night.

dont forget, waxed exhaust...
reminds of that guy having sex with his car in the inv. picture thread
"I went on the Internet... and I found THIS"

No picture, for obvious reasons
Quote from freddyalek90 :"I went on the Internet... and I found THIS"

No picture, for obvious reasons

Yeah don't, I got into enough trouble.
I know, that's why I didn't post it
Great looking car
The VXR is factory rice. It's a poor car. VXR does not make it good, it's a random collection of letters, it's front wheel drive has a 4cylinder engine is a Vauxhall, has decals already on it from the factory, has maps of the Nordschleife on the seats to impress hardcore top gear fans all facts of which, make it a horribly bad car and look at him, he looks like a Vauxhall driver, a nob, the car is fugly, he'd do better buying a Type R it's the same deal only better, much better.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG