The online racing simulator
The TBO Challenge - Rules [UPDATED]
Here is a PDF of the series rules.
Please give me a shout if I have missed anything out (which is quite likely)

Thanks

Chris

EDIT: Rules have been updated as of 15/3/09
Attached files
Rules - UPDATED.pdf - 63.9 KB - 326 views
Are you sure the ballast thing is a good idea?
Well its touch and go if we run it.
We'll see what happens, and see how everyone reacts to it. I would still like to keep a ballast for any late entrants to the championship, to stop them spoiling the championsip battle
Well, the tracks are very different.

Imagine a FXO driver doing well at BL1R and having a lot of ballast for the next round which is SO6 where he probably would have struggled against the other 2 cars anyway.

I'm not sure if that will work.

Ballast for late entries does sound reasonable but will anyone join the season if they know that they probably have no chance of finishing anywhere at the top?
Yeah you're right. I'll amend that rule.
I'm not going to rewrite the rules until I know if any others will be changed

Thanks
Now now, guys, dont' take every suggestion from one person and assume it's the opinion of every driver. Zeugnimod may be the 4th funniest forum member and the biggest forum....uh.... guy, but don't feel under pressure to ammend your rules. If you made your rules, you obviously made them like that for a reason, so before you amend stuff as a snap decision, have a proper think
Quote from mp3 astra :now now, guys, dont' take every suggestion from one person and assume it's the opinion of every driver. Zeugnimod may be the 4th funniest forum member and the biggest forum....uh.... Guy, but don't feel under pressure to ammend your rules. If you made your rules, you obviously made them like that for a reason, so before you amend stuff as a snap decision, have a proper think

+1

Oh, and 2nd funniest, please!!
He's right though. The weights would end up with too much car difference.
I'm still keeping the 30kg for new entrants rule though

Cheers

Chris
IMO if a driver misses a round with out giving notice well within a reasonable time, he gets maybe 30kgs? this way the reserves will have more of a chance racing
How does that give reserves better chance of racing?

Besides, if a driver dosen't attend and hasn't contacted me, they'll go to the back of the reserve queue.
Quote from Wilko868 :How does that give reserves better chance of racing?

Besides, if a driver dosen't attend and hasn't contacted me, they'll go to the back of the reserve queue.

Learn to spell

and drivers will be more considerate of offering their places to reserves for that round
Quote from zeugnimod :Well, the tracks are very different.

Imagine a FXO driver doing well at BL1R and having a lot of ballast for the next round which is SO6 where he probably would have struggled against the other 2 cars anyway.

I'm not sure if that will work.

Ballast for late entries does sound reasonable but will anyone join the season if they know that they probably have no chance of finishing anywhere at the top?

Yes Zeug, a ballasted car may be slower at the next round but in the second race, the car will probably not have much ballast as he'll have been slower. Therefore, he will catch back up again.
So what's the decision about the ballast then? It is still in the rules but you basically said in this thread that you would remove it.
Ballast is to be removed from rules before Round 1.

I am not changing the rules PDF until i'm sure no other faults are included
I was wondering if changing the car(eg : I have an FXO for R1, then I want an RB4 for R2) during the season was allowed...
I hope not, that would be stupid.
No it isn't.
The car you use R1 is the car you use for the season. It will be noted tomorrow and any driver changing car in subsequent rounds will be penalised
That rule will be stuck into the rules next time I update it.

Thanks for pointing that out

Chris

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG