The online racing simulator
Thank you Tristan
(70 posts, started )
Thank you Tristan
As many of you know Tristan organised a race centre event for the LFS Forum at the start of this year.

Not just did he organise it, but the event was free for all of us attending too.

But he didnt stop there, he also kindly went out of his way to give me a lift down to the event that I wasnt paying to attend!

I wanted to thank Tristan personally for laying on this event, and so I decided to get him a little present.

Now i'm not that good at this kind of thing, but it is, to the best of my ability, Tristan's Dallara F398 that he will be racing this year.

Tristan, thank you for your generosity.

Also can I has a work address or something to post it you in PM or SMS please hun? I promise not to stalk you, murder you, or otherwise turn up with a crazed expression on my face.
#2 - Bean0
The driver needs a little cape for added authenticity
Mm, I remember that event! It was fantastic.

Very nicely done model thing there Becky! Don't forget the Jaffa-cake sponsers.
Nice Becky. And thanks to Tristan from all of us from SR that went, we appreciated it mate
Becky pointed me to this thread by PM.

WOW!!!! That's so amazing, and so touching! It looks really good. I'm speechless actually.

You might want to break the front wing off though. I did on Wednesday, so it'll be a little more authentic

Will PM an address to you.

WOW!
I'm suprised you don't keep front wings as a stock item Tristan :P

It really isnt that good looking up close, the camera hides a lot of lies! Making models is not my forte, my paints were all dried out and my brushes about as much use as my unsteady hands! None-the-less, i'm very pleased to have found a way of thanking you that gives you some small joy, even if i'll be cleaning the paint off my hands for the next week
That's pretty sweet, good job.
So what's it made of?
Quote from Bob Smith :So what's it made of?

At a guess i'd say polystyrol, possibly ABS resin. There was no kits available which would have been more ideal but the only models of the right car where a range of 3 obscure pre-painted Onyx ones and it's taken about 6 weeks to actually get one delivered. It's actually a limited edition (even more limited now!), I just took it apart, repainted it, and put it back together again. I wish I could say I built it and stuff, but if I had there would be more than a front wing missing.

This is the original
That's not the original - Tristan wouldn't fit in there
The original is actually the David Terrien 98 car, and our Dallara was actually in a 'copy' of that livery when we bought it. But it wasn't Terrien's car as far as I know.

See original car here (am also adding photos of the car on track prior to our purchase, but they might take a while to appear)
Thats really cool
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm suprised you don't keep front wings as a stock item Tristan :P

Last time it was the rear wing! This time it was the front wing. But our rear wing on the new car isn't much good either, so I'll be fitting the spare at the weekend I think...

Bloody racing. Far too expensive. Why would anyone bother. The debts are just getting bigger and bigger
Quote from tristancliffe :
Bloody racing. Far too expensive. Why would anyone bother. The debts are just getting bigger and bigger

If only it was like banking, the government would buy your debts and give you a big bonus for crashing.
Quote from Becky Rose :But he didnt stop there, he also kindly went out of his way to give me a lift down to the event that I wasnt paying to attend!

did he also dress your hair while giving you a ride in his mx5?

anyway very nice gift
wow nice car

a litle off topic but when the topic said "Thank You Tristan" i thought someone was talking about me as my real name is Tristan but still nice car
Quote from swisscosmo :

a litle off topic but when the topic said "Thank You Tristan" i thought someone was talking about me as my real name is Tristan but still nice car

You wish
Quote from Takumi_lfs :You wish

lol i guess tho if it was directed at me i wouldn't know why as i haven't really helped anyone in awhile.
Quote from swisscosmo :wow nice car

Theres more than one Tristan in the world!?!!? I refuse to believe it
There's more than 1 Tristan, but theres only one "Tristan Cliffe".

Actually, there is almost definately more than 1 Tristan Cliffe, and possibly Tristian Cliffe's.
It was a very entertaining event. Thank you once again Tristan. As you invited me along I did not retaliate when you started showing me loser signs when you were in the pod next to me! It has not been forgotten though... :gnasher:

Cool model Becky, appreciate the effort that you have gone to just to show how grateful you are. I bet Mr.Cliffe feels a very happy chappy!
Ah, I knew that love was in the air after jealously reading the event reports

Just imagine the racing genes possible offspring of becky and tristan would have.
Looks really good Becky
WOOT NICE.

Thank you Tristan
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG