The online racing simulator
if it was not LFS, it would be with...
What is your choice when it is not LFS?

What is the other genre that fits with the majority of the simracers?

Simracers are, by definition, competitive people, so, is it right to suppose that a good second option is first person shooters?

Or could we to divide the simracers between those whose like of short races, just click and go, and those whose like of to be in a championship?

Because the first group maybe fits better with first person shooter, and second with rpg. Does my assumption make sense?

And you do prefer what genre?

By myself I can say that FPS games is a better choice for simracers, being competitives and fast (click and go, fast reflex, competitive ambient, etc).

So, what is your second game?

And, just to finish, what would be your first sim if LFS does not exist anymore?
I suppose I fit into that FPS category, I have several FPS shooters that I play, but I only play Forgotten Honor competitively, whereas BF2 and HF2: Deathmatch I only play when I'm bored.

I also tend to play Flight Simulator alot, recently just bought myself FSX, which is a heap of fun. So I suppose if there wasn't LFS there would be Flight Simulator
Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike 1.6 + CSS
Not all FPS's are fast and "competitive". I hate the fast FPS's like Counter Strike, since it requires almost no tactics in my opinion.

If LFS goes, then I'm sticking with ArmA: Armed Assault or any other military simulators.
#5 - MR_B
I personally cannot stand FPS games, I love to sit down and spend many hours playing management games like Grand Prix World, Sim City, even the old Theme Hospital!
#6 - RiGun
Lately I've been only playing LFS but when I also love RPGs, old ones! and I still got a ton of them to play, got to end Baldur's Gate I and Fallout 2 too, and don't get me started on SNES classics that I still hadn't the chance to play.
I'd probably play FPS' if I was any good at them, but I'm not. So I play WoW, and if I didn't, probably old games like UFO, Civ:CTP and NWN's x-pacs.
If LFS wasn't around I'd probably just play RBR. As for other genres, I don't have any specifics that I look for. Really, I don't look for anything. There might be the odd other game I throw in now and then, though.
euro truck simulator + other truck simulators
counter strike source
Battlefield 2
Gtr evolution ...
Quote from Speed Soro :is it right to suppose that a good second option is first person shooters?

I got bored with FPS about the time Quake was released. The endless stream of em reminds me a little of the Tetris frenzy of the 90s, when 2 games out of 3 were variations of the original, incorporated principles of it somehow, or extended it. I wonder when and how it will end

If I may ask, why are you trying to profile LFS players?
#11 - Byku
ArmA, without LFS i would propably paly it a lot more .
Quote from Nitrous13270 :Not all FPS's are fast and "competitive". I hate the fast FPS's like Counter Strike, since it requires almost no tactics in my opinion.

If LFS goes, then I'm sticking with ArmA: Armed Assault or any other military simulators.

CS? Fast?

Cs is one of the slowest fps i play....quake and ut is fast...
When not on LFS I rarely play on any other games, but when I do it's usually an RPG or another racing game, I play Front Mission 1 and 3 every so often too.
Yea, for me if i dont play lfs, i play wow or css....
Quote from Stefani24 :CS? Fast?

Cs is one of the slowest fps i play....quake and ut is fast...

If you've ever seen ArmA, you'll consider CS as fast.

Compare 5 to 10 min CS matches to the 2+ hour long skirmishes in ArmA.
Quote from NightShift :If I may ask, why are you trying to profile LFS players?

I think he's just interested. It's interesting to read what others here prefer, in my opinion.

I'd go for other racing games. I have plenty.
If it weren't for LFS, I might be playing the Project Reality mod for BF2. No matter what the genre I'm mostly interesting in more realistic gameplay, and that mod is pretty great as far as what can be done with a 5 year old game. I've played it off and on but LFS has kept me from really getting into it for more than just a couple days.
Quote from hrtburnout :I think he's just interested. It's interesting to read what others here prefer, in my opinion.

One way or the other I have no problem with it: he is free to ask as much as everybody else is free to post a reply or read the others'. I'm just curious
I used to play Counter Strike Source a lot until i came to LFS

Quote from Nitrous13270 :I hate the fast FPS's like Counter Strike, since it requires almost no tactics in my opinion.

How can you say it requires almost no tactics? A proper CSS match involves a hell of a lot of tactics.
I play FPS mostly, Like Arma or COD2, and somtimes i play Managment games like Football manager
I used to play FPS games like BF2 BF2142 America's Army etc, but even with punkbuster etc they all end up full of cheaters, thats when/why I stopped playing them.
LFS now has its fair share of cheaters too (macro clutchers) its a shame but I think its just a trend all games are affected by one way or another, people just seem to want to cheat.

SD.
without LFS I may still be deep in the Flightsim Community. I never really liked FPS games and (fantasy) RPGs.
Or I would have spent more time with our Gamecube/Wii
I'd probably still drive NFS Porsche, other than that, it's still FPSes for me, since Doom, Q2, Q3, and now Warsow, a _fast_ paced shooter, free, based on the open sourced Q2 engine. Instagib is a blast!
Talking just about multiplayer games, for 8 years, from 2000 to 2008 I used to play quake3. That is a really fast game. It is frenetic!

I also played OFP, CS1.6 and Source, and the last year from now I play COD4 and CODWAW. Once in a while I try ArmA, but I'm waiting for ArmA2.

Simulators that I've played are GTL, GTR2, a little of rFactor and NKP, and now EVO and iRacing.

I had a time that I used to play too much LFS, mainly between 2005 (S2 release) and 2007. That time I rarely played other sims.

I've tried for many times to play just one sim, but it has shown impossible for me, due variety of option between them. I think it wuold be possible if a game like iRacing, as example, had a good single player option, and tracks and cars from other places of the world, not just american ones).

In fact, from time to time I stay with one game for 1 or 2 weeks, than I migrate to another, and keep doing circles between 3 or 4 titles. These weeks I have tried LFS a bit more again.

(Nightshift, nothing more than just curiousity).
I used to play LFS and WolfET all the time but haven't touched either in close to 6 months. I've since moved on and I play CoD4 almost every night, play CodWAW once a week or so. I'm now playing the second round closed Beta of BF Heroes. Oh and Trukz get's about 10 minutes a day from me as well.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG