Quote from Krammeh :*shuts project CRL*. Sod it.

If this community is like this, why should I create it? To think, I was going to make a system similar to CTRA. But I guess seeing as I am the owner of LTC, nobody would use it anyway!

Your loss, my gain! , I think I will dedicate more of my time to coding the cruise server now

We are not saying that cruise is so bad but now we have to much servers.I think cruise its like to start playing lfs and learn all cars and get some expirience. That would be great if you create race servers system,
Cruise makes no sense to me. If I want to relax playing any game, I go for an arcade one, or get my wife to take a walk and a ice cream.

If I had enough money, I'd buy a Radical, rent time in a racetrack and would drive a real car on a real track and not be playing in a simulator to fake a pilot. If I want to do with car cruise, I pick up my own car and get out walking around.

Cruise, Drift, Drag and Derby are destroying the image of the LFS in the middle of the serious simulation.

Where are going to the serious pilots? The LFS is losing mature public and is blocked from Sunday drivers and children who never had the opportunity to drive a real car. This is not the LFS I knew.

I give anyone the right to play and do what you want with the game you bought. This definitely is not my problem. But I try to criticize this bad move that I understand here, because I'm in this community for years and now not only do not see anything good happening, but rather, something bad is happening, which is the view of RACING simulation lose completely its initial focus.

I can not find more than 3 or 4 decent servers to run. Now the mixture is the FULL and DEMO, and what I see are servers with eternal combos BL-STD or BL-XFG, the other eternal server from ConeDodgers AS-GTR and one or two servers with FOX.

Look what has happened here. Many people have come here and claimed, many people have been spoken here that they are playing rFactor and worse, are even enjoying it! Yes, people are coming here and declaring that enjoy rFactor! That is a new age.

And why? Because the LFS is wasting space, is tired, is exhausting, and the community is leaving to train pilots to deal with Sunday Drivers and drifters. It is a shame, or at least, it is a pity.

Although there are leagues, but that is another matter. The famous PICK-UP races, which very characterize the LFS, are getting rare and bad. The level of pilots has decreased, the servers have dropped and the excitement of the old members has falling down.

Show me that I'm wrong, because I have seen many people stay away from LFS, migrating to rFactor, EVO and iRacing, this a simulator that focuses on RACING, not School Driving!

Sorry guys. I really understand and deeply respect your rights to play what you want to play, but you all are killing this game, at least the best part of it.
right on :iagree:
Well if we are killing the game, that's tough. Like Luke said, we payed for the game, so we can do do whatever we want with it. Anyone who doesn't wanna do racing can be here to stay, just like any racer could.
Quote from Speed Soro :...

I agree with that.

iRacing will never, ever have a cruise section, it has 100% focus on being a racing sim which LFS has lost, unfortunatley. People buy it for one reason, people used to buy LFS for that same reason but that has also gone.

Race sims need that focus on being a race sim to attract and keep the core users, without it something comes along that gives them what they/we/I want and move on.

Meh, maybe I'm just bored of LFS.
To keep people interested in a game/simulation, you have to give them something to aim for. Aimless racing is boring as hell.
Only because your no good at it and you can't see any potential in yourself For me the aims are endless and im pretty sure its the same for anyone else, racing is competative, everyone wants to be the best, thats why we race, why do you cruise? Is that where all the rejects go? Don't talk about something you obviously don't know about.
Quote from Krammeh :To keep people interested in a game/simulation, you have to give them something to aim for. Aimless racing is boring as hell.

So once you have unlocked all the cars by driving around a track with a load of barriers on it a bajillion times and got your virtual lottery ticket for the hundredth, then what is the aim?

I fail to see how cruising has MORE of an aim than racing and trying to beat other people to pole position. Good racing is far from boring as hell. I have had some great races, wheel to wheel stuff that has left me with my adrenaline really pumping. I have never ever experienced that on a cruise server. Even when I bought my first virtual burger from the virtual acne ridden teenager at the virtual wimpy, it was incredibly tedious. Not hating at all, but I just totally disagree with you saying that the racing, which this sim was created for, is more aimless and boring than cruising!
+1 @ pearcy , all i can say, is all of You who owns cruise servers and so on ... be aware that You are the ones who are killing LFS.

I'm sure that after VWS comes out, the cruisemadness will be even more, and within a year or so, i'm afraid most of LFS users will be fricking cruise'ing. Atleast that's how it's been until now, with each year there is becoming more and more cruisers.

My suggestions : destroy the fricking cruise server, hax 'em ... do whatever is possible. And the ones who will be telling that "I do whatever i want with my license and LFS is not a race simulator only" - please, look @ LFS full logo.

Hint : Text written in white under "Speed".
If someone does not understand why to race, is better to keep cruising...
omagad not again
Just let people do whatever they want with their liscence... If they want to cruise they aren't annoying anybody...
Quote from Gills4life :So once you have unlocked all the cars by driving around a track with a load of barriers on it a bajillion times and got your virtual lottery ticket for the hundredth, then what is the aim?

I fail to see how cruising has MORE of an aim than racing and trying to beat other people to pole position. Good racing is far from boring as hell. I have had some great races, wheel to wheel stuff that has left me with my adrenaline really pumping. I have never ever experienced that on a cruise server. Even when I bought my first virtual burger from the virtual acne ridden teenager at the virtual wimpy, it was incredibly tedious. Not hating at all, but I just totally disagree with you saying that the racing, which this sim was created for, is more aimless and boring than cruising!

I agree that racing isn't really boring most of the time, but can give a very good example of exciting things on cruise servers. Since I cruise on CLC only, I'll use the server as the location of the example. Say you worked for 3 months to get all your cars, but you have lost a lot of money and are at -9,000 euros. (bankrupt + ban + lose cars at -10,000) Then, let's rob the bank! The minimum robbed is 1,000, so no matter what if you dont get away you're done. This motivation really gets your adrenaline going, and you break out into a sweat. You weave and swerve through annoying civilians to try to get away from the pesky police. You push your knowledge of the handling of the car you are using to the limit and narrowly avoid being busted by 2 seconds. You feel you have accomplished the impossible; you feel on top of the world! Soon you fly out of bounds due to barrier physics and go bankrupt. Then you start all over. And for what? It's not about the destination, it's about the experience. You race to get to the finish line, but that's not the main attraction. It's the ride there.
Quote from AtTilA08 :lol its the worst online game ever. 10 min cruising until you fond someone, then he just begin ramming you to the h3ll. Or 'server unenviable' (or whatever I do not really remember) text every time after you leave garage.

Well, blame it on lack of friends and poor connection... I had a disconnect a total of 2 times. And locking on friends and having arranged a meeting spot (and preferably a route) you can have quite a blast... Think about it... 8 people who you know, playing with headphones and microphones, driving in an orderly manner at x3 the speed limit in a highly detailed supercars... vs a bunch of people on a small track with barriers all over it... AFAIK it's the "feel" of the city driving that gives the cruisers their fun... and well... let's just say I can't imagine a barrier being a skyscraper
Quote from Sir moi 407 :omagad not again
Just let people do whatever they want with their liscence... If they want to cruise they aren't annoying anybody...

My friend, I ask you with my best respect for you read the example below, and please TRY to understand the whole thing under a new perspective.

Imagine that you live in a calm distric, with good neighbourhood, and there is a park in front of your house, where you used to play when you were a child, and where now, your kids play every afternoon after back the school.

One day the things started to change. New neighbours come to your street, and them don't stop coming. The old park, that was build for kids to play, becomes a place for teenagers, kisses, cigarettes, cars and music at high volume.

You know that space is public, and that people has the same rights that you, your family and the old neighbours have, but you know there is something wrong with that.

You'll do nothing against them, but you will talk to your friends, you'll write to the newspaper of your district, you'll complain the new era.

You know that the park will never be the same, and all you have to do is to move to a new place, or close your windows and go watch tv.
Quote from Speed Soro :My friend, I ask you with my best respect for you read the example below, and please TRY to understand the whole thing under a new perspective.

Imagine that you live in a calm distric, with good neighbourhood, and there is a park in front of your house, where you used to play when you were a child, and where now, your kids play every afternoon after back the school.

One day the things started to change. New neighbours come to your street, and them don't stop coming. The old park, that was build for kids to play, becomes a place for teenagers, kisses, cigarettes, cars and music at high volume.

You know that space is public, and that people has the same rights that you, your family and the old neighbours have, but you know there is something wrong with that.

You'll do nothing against them, but you will talk to your friends, you'll write to the newspaper of your district, you'll complain the new era.

You know that the park will never be the same, and all you have to do is to move to a new place, or close your windows and go watch tv.

Damn you must have good hearing to hear cruisers while you're on a race server.

@Dougie... maybe you should add IceCream to your Cruise addon? If it pisses you off so much why even make a cruise addon?
Quote from Speed Soro :My friend, I ask you with my best respect for you read the example below, and please TRY to understand the whole thing under a new perspective.

Ah, but your analogy is a bit wrong. See, in your analogy, it is not just the same park that now is filled with teenagers smoking cigarettes and blasting music where your children have always played. The park is expanded by the work of those teenagers and the expansion is where the teenagers are hanging out in. Ok, so this expanded section of the park is right there, right next to where your children are playing. That is true. But through the powers that be, you and all the other parents of the children who have always played in the park have the ability to snap your fingers and suddenly that expanded area of the park disappears completely from view and your children are completely isolated from any influence of the teenagers hanging out.
Quote from mrodgers :Ah, but your analogy is a bit wrong. See, in your analogy, it is not just the same park that now is filled with teenagers smoking cigarettes and blasting music where your children have always played. The park is expanded by the work of those teenagers and the expansion is where the teenagers are hanging out in. Ok, so this expanded section of the park is right there, right next to where your children are playing. That is true. But through the powers that be, you and all the other parents of the children who have always played in the park have the ability to snap your fingers and suddenly that expanded area of the park disappears completely from view and your children are completely isolated from any influence of the teenagers hanging out.

Ok, I understand prefectly what you mean, and I already know someone would say that.

So this park has the capability to expand its space to accomodate everybody that is coming. But we are talking about real people, and tribes tend to do not like too much to cohabit. I wouldn't be happy to watch my kids playing beside a lot of teens, cigarettes and rap music, so I would not let them playing there, and I would still be decided to move to another place.

The fact is: I'm not saying that Cruise players are bad people or that they enjoy rap music , but the sense is that they are occupying a space and creating a image that drives the serious drivers off.

The LFS is a racing simulator, but I can't find servers with race, except those always the same as said before, are becoming with less quantity and less quality.
So in your opinion drivers are quiting LFS because of cruisers?
Sorry man but with my best respect, it just sounds ridiculous
The leagues are growing, there are more and more people racing in LFS... I don't see your "decadence"?
Scawen has even putted a cruise filter in the list of hosts so people like you are happy
So please stop saying "cruisers are killing LFS" and just ignore their servers

PS: I'm not a cruiser my self
Quote from JasonJ :@Dougie... maybe you should add IceCream to your Cruise addon? If it pisses you off so much why even make a cruise addon?

I never said it pisses me off. I just said I want ice-cream (And BTW, that was released nearly a year ago. Times have changed)
Quote from SamH :Just give up with the victimized crap, too. All of this "the racers hate us" nonsense is fabricated. Stop attention-whoring. Go cruise, or go race, or go drift. Nobody actually GIVES a damn.

Stop pretending you're the poor down-trodden victims of the LFS [insert faction here] community. You know damn well that you're not. Any of you.

Ever considered it isn't crap? If you read even half the posts in threads about cruising you will always find lots of "racers" attacking cruisers. I would have thought the job of a mod would be to defend people who were being attacked for no reason not join in the attack. This is just the kind of attitude we are all sick of. And it seems to show poor behavior from a mod.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :+1. Especially about the ice-cream

C'mon Dougie, you +1 a post from a guy that seems generally annoyed at the whole cruise situation implying you have the same feelings.

Oh well, seems it has no merit so I"ll just +1 the whole thread.

+1 eh

E^: Actually I thought SamH was being pretty liberal.
#99 - SamH
Quote from Luke.S :Ever considered it isn't crap? If you read even half the posts in threads about cruising you will always find lots of "racers" attacking cruisers.

I already explained that it's not "racers", it's "idiots". Some of them aren't even "idiots", they're the lower life-form called "trolls". It's got nothing to do with them being racers.

Quote from Luke.S :I would have thought the job of a mod would be to defend people who were being attacked for no reason not join in the attack. This is just the kind of attitude we are all sick of. And it seems to show poor behavior from a mod.

It isn't anyone's job to babysit cruisers in case their feelings get hurt. If you want to cruise, then go and cruise. You don't need affirmation from the forum moderators, nor do you need it from a small bunch of idiots on a forum that have got it in their heads that it's up to them to dictate to you how you use the licence you've bought.

If I have any "job" around here, it's to protect the FORUM from disruption. Whether that's in the forum of disruption from trolls or from whimpering "everybody hates us" emos. It's all disruption and I'm against all of it. No favouritism, no special treatment.
But that is exactly what some people are saying: cruisers, but not so cruisers, but drifters, draggers and derbiers (if this word exists) are killing the LFS initial focus, not LFS.

About SamH, I think he is better to be away, because no one here is offending anyone, we are under forum rules, so there is no need to be less "liberal". In fact, if you all, cruisers, say "let us play our game the way we want, it is our right", we also say "let us use our forum the way we want, because it is our right too".

And please, show me where the RACING servers are, because I can't find nothing! LFS is growing up? I believe it is possible, but Racing Simulation is growing up inside LFS world? I can't see that. Leagues? Well I think, if you read what I wrote, I myself said that leagues is another history. I'm not here saying nothing about championships and compromising with ONE car and ONE track for weeks just to have ONE race. I'm talking about pickup races, just to click on the game icon, choose a good server with enough people (preference good drivers), and run on the limits, and please, not always with XFG-BL.

Ok, this talk is enough, what I had to say about this I already said, so, lets play "what we want". I'll keep playing LFS once in a while, but for now, let me go to iRacing, a real RACING simulator, in a real RACING community. Bye friend.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG