The online racing simulator
New Cruise Server
(62 posts, started )
Quote from zeugnimod :LFS is a "wholey racing game", too.

With incorporation of the cruise filter, that was acknowledgement by the devs that racing isn't LFS' sole purpose. Agreed, that racing will always be the main priority with LFS, however, the cruise factor has been acknowledged and responded to by the devs.
Quote from amsterdeen :With incorporation of the cruise filter, that was acknowledgement by the devs that racing isn't LFS' sole purpose.

I disagree and predict that this won't end good.
#53 - CSF
Oh joy this again.
Sorry.
#55 - CSF
Well it's always the same pattern...

"NEW CRUISE SERVER!!!"

"Oh no not another cruise server..."

"You got something against cruisers?"

Bing bang II! Or is that 2000 by now? I can guarntee you that most people who have posted here have nothing against people who would rather spend their time on cruise servers, but get tired of every 'new' cruise server being advertised on LFS forum. Hence why it always ends up like this.

For the record, I suspect the cruise filter was to allow people to do whatever the hell they wanted. The updates that the devs make will always be designed to improve the racing side, otherwise the devs would probably over load themselves and lose track of where they want to go with their own project. Please remember that.
OMG :eek: Chris makes a good point, I think the world will end now...
Look, can both sides ever stop shit stirring, and just leave each other alone? Racers, you cannot "convert" a cruiser into a racer, stop trying to do so. You might have strong opinions about the lack of racers, but shutting down cruise servers would cause an influx of angry cruisers on the forums, wondering why they can't enjoy the game as much as anyone else. They paid for the game, they can do whatever the hell they want with it as far as I'm concerned, so long as it doesn't impact on the experience of anyone else. Which it doesn't, they're out of anyone's way on their own servers. It's not like they're setting up recruitment campaigns to entice racers onto their servers, from my experience they keep much to themselves.

I see nothing wrong with this thread's original intentions, there are plenty of ads for new race servers in this forum (and not even new ones, some are just to declare that there's been a track change, or a car class change) and there's no hassle. What's the problem here? Somebody has decided they want to setup a new cruise server, and needs somewhere to tell cruisers about it. What better place than the LFS forums? The mods and the devs don't seem to have a problem with it (60 posts, and counting, no lock), why should you? If you want new racers, setup something as innovative and fun as cruisers think new cruise servers are.

I will agree though that cruisers often play the sympathy card far too often, and request ridiculous things. They need to learn that at the end of the day, this is a racing sim. While the developers have no problem with what you do, they are not here to cater for your needs. They are here to develop their dream of a racing sim, not to cater for any group or individual. While they sometimes listen to improvement suggestions here, usually it needs to be pretty close to what they want if it makes it into the sim. If the devs are allowing cruise servers, obviously they have no issues with them. That's their choice, and nobody can decide they "should" be doing otherwise. Same goes for demo users, the devs have no issues with providing a free, restricted content demo service, and as such, nobody should try and take matters into their own hands.

Basically what I'm saying is, both sides need to cop on. At the end of the day, you're fighting over a computer game. In the words of Sir Alan Partridge, that's "saaaaaaad".
Quote from amsterdeen :So all that we can see here are a small selection of bitter forum racers who have no real server community

I don't believe at all in a clear cut distinction between cruisers and racers, most cruisers also race and certainly a good number of racers have cruised at least once.

This thread IMO is not about bitter racers, it's mostly 'people of a young age' quarreling my server is better than yours, my racing is better than your cruising, my eAppendage is longer and blahblahblah
#59 - RS1T
Can't someone just reply to this thread like

'Hey, i went on the server and i had a fun time'

or

'Hey, i went on the server, the insim is good but i think the layout needs work'

etc instead of just pure flaming?

If 90% of the full servers are cruise servers, then why cant the diehard racers just see that cruising is evidently more popular. Cruising is fun, and i'll bet that 90% of the flamers who posted here have never even given cruising a fair trail. Try it, what do you have to lose?

And just one more thing, why is it that whenever a new RACE server is announced, the cruisers dont jump down ad start flaming it? I know it's a race server, but is it that hard to accept that cruising is popular, and it ain't going anywhere?
#61 - Jakg
Quote from amsterdeen :With incorporation of the cruise filter, that was acknowledgement by the devs that racing isn't LFS' sole purpose. Agreed, that racing will always be the main priority with LFS, however, the cruise factor has been acknowledged and responded to by the devs.

I hate to break it to you, but have you ever though that the cruise filter (i.e. filtering them away to hide them) wasn't really the acknowledgement you were looking for?
Quote from Jakg :the cruise filter (i.e. filtering them away to hide them) wasn't really the acknowledgement you were looking for?

If it was just a filter I could agree with you, but he also removed the WRONG WAY message, so after all it IS an acknowledgement

New Cruise Server
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG