The online racing simulator
Small changes to the mass and power of some cars? (with list of changes)
I notice the above statement in the release notes of the new patch, I didnt make a note of the mass/power of the cars before patching, so does anyone know specifically what has changed to which cars?.

Also, can anyone confirm the decrease in fuel consumption across the board?, have the environ-mentallists been hounding the devs to stop killing the virtual planet?

Dan,
#2 - kel64
I noticed the XFG is now at 115BHP, while it was at 116BHP before. Presumably to readdress the balance between itself and the XRT.
I was hoping these were to efforts to even out the classes of TBO and the GTR's, but I haven't looked into it. Anyone done that? Any thoughts? I'm curious
I am not sure for definate, I am trying to find some figures for the pre-patch cars in some dark corner of the net, but the TBO class is now definatly closer than it was, the FXO isnt the clear leader in that class, infact I can lap Kyoto National almost as fast in the RB4, which was impossible before.

Dan,
Managed to do a list,

XR GT

Torque was 186nm, now 187nm
Weight was 1167kg, now 1150kg
Power-weight was 122bhp/ton now, 124bhp/ton

XR GT Turbo

Power was 245bhp, now 247bhp
Torque was 325nm, now 345nm
Weight was 1224kg, now 1223kg
Power-weight was 204bhp/ton, now 206bhp/ton

RB4 GT

Weight was 1235kg, now 1228kg
Power-weight was 200bhp/ton, now 201bhp/ton

FXO Turbo

Weight was 1132kg, now 1140kg
Power weight was 210bhp/ton, now 209bhp/ton

LX6

Weight was 540kg, now 539kg
Power weight was 357bhp/ton, now 358bhp/ton

XF GTR

Power was 240bhp, now 230bhp
Torque was 270nm, now 260nm
Weight was 836kg, now 840kg
Power-weight was 292bhp/ton, now 279bhp/ton

Formula V8

Power was 458bhp, now 450bhp
Torque was 401nm, now 385nm
Power-weight was 775bhp/ton, now 761bhp/ton

FXO GTR

Weight was 1130kg, now 1120kg
Power-weight was 441bhp/ton, now 445bhp/ton

So basically the TBO class has been evened out as I thought it had, the XF GTR has been crippled, the XR GT has been made quicker, so to has the FXO GTR.

Dan,
I've noticed the LX4 is considerably slower aswell (187kph lowest speed through t1 at KY Nat in stead of 190).

Too lazy to look up the figures though...
Yay, for my UFR then, looks like we might be able to catch those boring XFR drivers
I know last night I was racing GTR's at Westhill and was a bit faster laptimes than the others. Had an FXR in front of me that I was bidding my time to wait and pass on the front straight. I drafted up close to him, pulled out and couldn't make the pass heading into the first turn. Don't know if it was the draft (slipstream) changes, or changes to match the FXR's speed up to the FZR, but in earlier patches, I would have blasted past pulling out of the draft like that. Especially to a 1 or 2 second slower laptime.
Also UF1000 weighs the same with or without the roof now
#11 - Jakg
heres something i knowcked up about the BF1, btw all figures are from patch T

Also! rename the file so that it is an xls so it will work!
Attached files
Copy of LFS Tests.xls.txt - 18.5 KB - 263 views
has anyone noticed a speed difference with open or closed roofs? the lx was slightly faster with closed roof in patch q, now with the improved aerodynamics is there more of an impact on top speed?

peace mo
Was it just my imagination, or is the turbo lag noticeably reduced on the XRR? It's still sluggish at low rpms, as you'd expect, but the boost guage feels as though it flicks round much more eagerly when you come on and off the throttle at higher revs.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I don't know where the other guy got his info from, mine was taken from the LFS manual/wiki and compared with the figures in game.

Dan,
There will no doubt have also been aero changes to cars, thus even though specs my not have changed, top speeds might.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG