Rubens Barrichello
Timo Glock
2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix
Melbourne:

Race Date: 29 Mar 2009

Number of Laps: 58

Circuit Length: 5.303 km

Race Distance: 307.574 km

Lap Record: 1:24.125 - M Schumacher (2004)
http://www.formula1.com/photos ... rcuit/circuit_image_4.jpg

Local Time:
Fri 27 March 2009
Friday Practice 1 12:30 - 14:00
Friday Practice 2 16:30 - 18:00
Sat 28 March 2009
Saturday Practice 14:00 - 15:00
Qualifying 17:00
Sun 29 March 2009
Race 17:00

2008 Qualifying:
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2008/787/6482/

2008 Race:
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2008/787/

( Lewis happy for his win: http://www.formula1.com/photos ... aces/result_image_787.jpg )

Maybe alittle early but only 7 days left, cant wait! (7 days and a few hours)
Brawn GP looks strong
My top 3 Favorite drivers of the Season:
1st: Lewis Hamilton
2nd: Rubens Barrichello
3rd: Jenson Button

My top 3 Favorite teams of the Season:
1st: Brawn GP
2nd: Mclaren
3rd: Torro Rosso

My thoughts of the Qualifying next Saturday:
Pole: Lewis Hamilton (not because he's my favorite but it's just....:tilt
2nd: Kimi Raikkonen
3rd: Rubens Barrichello

My thoughts of the Race next Sunday:
1st: Lewis Hamilton (not because he's my favorite but it's just....)
2nd: Kimi Raikkonen
3rd: Rubens Barrichello
No changes.

Yours?
Its lovely to see how everyone all of a sudden starts to support "Honda" Brawn GP because they are quick. Just shows that people support teams not because they like them but because they can go around "yay i support a team thats quick!"
Quote from DevilDare :Its lovely to see how everyone all of a sudden starts to support "Honda" Brawn GP because they are quick. Just shows that people support teams not because they like them but because they can go around "yay i support a team thats quick!"

Not entirely true. There was a wealth of support towards the team when they were saved and titled BrawnGP. At first everyone thought it would be similar to the support Super Aguri had, but are now shocked to find BrawnGP could be winners. lol
#5 - 5haz
Quote from DevilDare :Its lovely to see how everyone all of a sudden starts to support "Honda" Brawn GP because they are quick. Just shows that people support teams not because they like them but because they can go around "yay i support a team thats quick!"

If they're British and they're quick I'll support them.

I reckon half the field will be taken out in a spectacular and contraversial first corner pileup.
I like Brawn's livery :P. Honestly, I was for Williams but after seeing the Brawn I'm for them. Plus I want to see Button shine, it's his only chance and it would suck for him to ruin it.
It's called hopping on the band wagon, and although I still wish the best for BMW, I must agree that I'd rather see Brawn do good, then, say, Ferrari or Toyota.

There are other reasons for that then just because they're quick at the moment. First, they have two good drivers who've failed to prove what they're capable of so far, for a number of reasons. Barrichello has mostly only been Schumacher's wing man and we know for a fact that he's been told to step down at least once, even though he could have won. Button has never actually been very successful, but in his case we could just blame the crappy cars he's been in. So a lot of people wish them good. As for the team itself, I think people like Brawn simply because it's Brawn, and he's been successful at some point in the past in the world of F1. A bit like Jordan, I liked Jordan too! Also the lack of ties with a major car constructor makes the success even more valuable.
#8 - aoun
Ill be down at the GP, and if im allowed (ive heard copyright laws or something that you cant upload pictures from F1 events), ill show some pictures and videos.
The F1 Drivers I most like:

1st: Felipe Massa
2nd: Fernando Alonso
3rd: Kimi Raikkonen

The F1 Drivers I most hate:

3rd: Lewis Hamilton
2nd: Lewis Hamilton
1st: Lewis Hamilton (not racism, it's just.... meh.)

The F1 team I most like:

1st: Ferrari
2nd: Brawn GP
3rd: Force India

The teams I hate most:

3rd: BMW
2nd: Red Bull
1st: McLaren

As for the GP, I hope Massa get the pole and win!!

Watch the race: 03/29/2009, 00:00 GMT
lol@how people like to point out their hatred for hamilton

I doubt mclaren will win. maybe podium? but tbh i'm completly confused as to what will actually happen come that sunday. Testing has just been all over the place tbh. But if i put money on it, it'd be one of the Brawn cars
Brawn sounds like a pretty safe bet. But McLaren showed good pace at Jerez yesterday with Kovi at the wheel, as did Williams with Kazuki.

Last year I said "throw out the form book". I think I might say it again this year.
I've always liked Honda to an extent, and I've supported Button, much to Becky's irritation, for years (even prior to F1, slightly ). But the fact is that they have succeeded, so far, against the odds. Having Honda pull out, no engine deal, drivers considering going elsewhere (no matter what they say) and no money - yet they worked hard, and created a car that was, so far, quick.

Essentially they are the overperforming underdog, and everyone loves an underdog
Quote from tristancliffe :I've always liked Honda to an extent, and I've supported Button, much to Becky's irritation, for years (even prior to F1, slightly ). But the fact is that they have succeeded, so far, against the odds. Having Honda pull out, no engine deal, drivers considering going elsewhere (no matter what they say) and no money - yet they worked hard, and created a car that was, so far, quick.

Essentially they are the overperforming underdog, and everyone loves an underdog

and we all thought button should of went elsewere last year.
I think we need a quote from Murray for this race "Anything can happen in Formula 1, and it usually does"

Testing seems all over the place with teams seeming to be out of their 'normal' place on in the grid. Then again this year is as much who is most able to deal with the new regulations. I will be suprised though if McLaren, Ferrari or BMW aren't at the top of time sheets come Saturday.
F1 Race Manager Browser Game 2009
cant wait for the race

my prediction:

1. Kubica
2. Raikonen
3. Button

crossing my fingers for williams tho ^^
This year, I dont have a fckin clue what will happen in the 1st race
My favourite driver has been Alonso, ever since he first joined Renault, so I'm hoping he'll do well. Other than that if there are any new faces or surprises in the top, that's always good.
McLaren are beaming with confidence

Autosport

Quote :LH - ""Despite weeks of winter testing, it's still difficult to know exactly who has the best package, and finding out over the weekend in Albert Park is always fascinating," he said.

"Perhaps McLaren doesn't come to Melbourne with the same prospects to challenge at the front that we experienced in both 2007 and '08, but the whole team will be working tirelessly to help us move back to the front."

MW - "We go into the start of the 2009 season fully aware that we do not yet have the technical package that will allow our drivers to fight at the front," said Whitmarsh in a team preview.

"In Formula 1, there is nowhere to hide: that's what makes our sport so demanding and yet so endlessly fascinating.

"And as a team that goes grand prix racing with the expectation of winning races and challenging for world championships, we therefore go to Melbourne with realistic expectations.

"Nonetheless, we begin our season with huge determination to re-assert ourselves at the front and we will not rest for a moment until we have done that. Most importantly, we haven't forgotten how to win."

Quote from Intrepid :McLaren are beaming with confidence

Autosport

When ever there is a big rule change Mclaren seems to be right up there, with the exemption of 2006.

Williams seem strong in testing, but then agian they did last year and they were complete shit.
Quote from Intrepid :McLaren are beaming with confidence

Autosport

Usual PR bit from McLaren....can't read into that too much. I fully expect them to be there or there abouts.
Quote from BenjiMC :lol, ye i saw it the other night, lameness. i preffered the short video they had going.

Is it on youtube?

Also the BBC recently aired their 2009 season preview, although I found it on RU so I can't share it with everyone here. It's downloading now so I'll watch it tomorrow. Just building the season up further, I can't wait.
I have seen the trailer on the tv. Can't watch the video at work but it if is the same one, i thought it was a good advert for it.

Quote from Lateralus :Also the BBC recently aired their 2009 season preview, although I found it on RU so I can't share it with everyone here. It's downloading now so I'll watch it tomorrow. Just building the season up further, I can't wait.

I missed that Also RU? Racing undergrond? Don't suppose you have an invitation code.

2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix
(849 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG