The online racing simulator
LFS Mods/ Snow Edition/ Desert Edition for Online?
Hey everyone,

I was wondering, is the Snow Edition and Desert Edition, and possibly Night Edition available for playing online?

I've been wondering that ever since, and seeing that they are only mods to textures, that should be able to have a server for it, but it would require that you'd have the mod installed.

It would be awesome for people to have a choice/ Day/ Night/ Snow/Desert.

What do you think>? I want to hear what people think on that.

Nick
#2 - J@tko
You can play with them online - its just no-one else sees it.

Or do you mean like a weather option of dark/desert/snow.

If so, then I see nothing wrong with it - but the physics will be different. e.g in snow mod. Weather is coming anyway soon (We hope!)
#3 - garph
Quote from UruNico2641 :It would be awesome for people to have a choice/ Day/ Night/ Snow/Desert.

What do you think>? I want to hear what people think on that.

We already have day, its nice.

Desert? First we need wet tracks and weather, I guess the next step would be rain, then maybe snow, although I don't have any real interest in that at all. Night would be the only one that fit in and be any sort of improvement. They will come I hope but not any time soon.

Dynamic weather has been disccssed loads of times, search for it and read up.
All have been discussed before, and everytime I vote YES PLEASE for some extra addition to the game. I`m not sure on the desert part, snow I`m 100% for, but not the desert idea.
desert would be good for drifting, like, dusty, car will slide nicelly
Harjun... eh...
Attached images
fail.jpg
Just thinking out loud here...but why is it always the DEMO users asking for features, or more tracks, or more cars...just generally MORE things for LFS...
~Bryan~
because they're unsatisfied with what they get for free. When lfs gets these things, they probably won't be on the demo.
If there would be implented some very fancy stuff, like weather and such, I belive that a lot of the demo users would buy a lisence. Many of them is avoiding to buy a lisence because they don`t think it`s worth it, to pay the amount of money for what they get.
Basically they edited the DDS files? Looks ok, but does it work for every track, or just BL?
Quote from The Very End :Basically they edited the DDS files? Looks ok, but does it work for every track, or just BL?

for each track
Allright, maybe I should give it a try.
Desert mode will be active at the summer and winter mode at winder ^_^
hmmm looks intresting i think ill give it a go btw how can u keep the headlights on for like ever i cant find the right download
I don`t belive there is a mod like that. Wouldn`t it be to hack the game itself too?

Or - just take a stown, lie it down on the button that you use to flash the lights, and there you go - lights on forever
Just delete your dds files (backup first) and you'll have your own snow mod! Try it
Quote from The Very End :Allright, maybe I should give it a try.
Desert mode will be active at the summer and winter mode at winder ^_^

and nightmod if you're playing 6pm til 6am
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Just delete your dds files (backup first) and you'll have your own snow mod! Try it

i found that out
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :For whatever reason you want the headlights on constantly, just hold down the button and hit Alt+Tab, then switch back to LFS.
The only way I think, without using BluTak! But if you use it for distracting others (why else would you use them...?), I find flashing is better!

Dude - U got S2 - congrats

(Sorry for off topic!)

I thought that didn't work any more. I must try it out and see.

I always use(d) lights for when I'm behind someone, and hazards when I'm infont of someone - it puts them off driving sometimes. (Well, it does me!)
Quote from TFalke55 :and nightmod if you're playing 6pm til 6am

Yeah lol
I just need to make a macro that gets the game to auto-install the different packages at the times
Does the desert and snow mod change the traction of the road?
No.
As he sais, no it doesn`t. It only change the look, by editing the DDS files.

I would recommend the sand of ferbay textures, they are really good, and the road path has gotten some upgrades too.
why would you want it, just turn down the brightness on your minitor, it has the same effect

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG