The online racing simulator
New Google Feature - Coolest Thing Ever!
(108 posts, started )
this reminds me of the old graphic adventure game Fahrenheit 451. TBO it's not really blowing my socks off. I do feel like a game of F451 though...
#27 - Jakg
Bump (mega in this respect) - Just saw a Google mapping car (Astra with a mega camera on the roof and Google on the side) in Stowmarket - so Google Street View is coming to the UK with mapping even in more rural areas - And my pimping car is probably gonna be it (as i was in front of it :P)
I can't get the streetview in german language either
That is amazing
they're driving through Germany too, even tho nobody knows how to deal with it, some citys even forbid the google cars to enter
Quote from Jakg :Bump (mega in this respect) - Just saw a Google mapping car (Astra with a mega camera on the roof and Google on the side) in Stowmarket - so Google Street View is coming to the UK with mapping even in more rural areas - And my pimping car is probably gonna be it (as i was in front of it :P)

Great. Now the burglars can see my house security without so much as having to leave his mothers basement.
#32 - 5haz
One drove past me too back in November, If I remember correctly I pulled a bit of a silly pose as it went past, can't wait until they release the UK section of streetview, unless the privacy nazis don't bar it.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Great. Now the burglars can see my house security without so much as having to leave his mothers basement.

It wouldn't be too hard for the same burglar to simply walk by your house, if you're worried about burglars seeing your house then you might as well put up a very tall wall.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Great. Now the burglars can see my house security without so much as having to leave his mothers basement.

Unless your security includes an open front door I wouldn't be too worried
Quote from pb32000 :Unless your security includes an open front door I wouldn't be too worried

Well you never know these days!

But yeah, who's to say it won't magically snapshot you snogging your GF behind a tree.. and it ends up for the world to see?
#35 - 5haz
Well when about to snog your Gf behind a tree, always make sure the google streetview car isn't passing then.
#36 - th84
This is cool!

I can actually see what my road looks like. We have cured Cancer!!!! Woot!!!

Yup, this comment was spamalicious!
Damn nice!
The cars were spotted in Nottingham about 3-4 months ago, so maybe they're working down the country. I was walking when it passed me but unfortunately didn't have time to prepare a suitable pose

I wonder if they simply go north to south. If so, it's gonna be a good 18 months before it's finished here.
Today Streetview has been updated with the Netherlands.

I found about 4 prostitutes in Amsterdam already. Anyone wanna help me find more?
Quote : UK CITIES ON STREET VIEW
Aberdeen
Belfast
Birmingham
Bradford
Bristol
Cambridge
Cardiff
Coventry
Derby
Dundee
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Leeds
Liverpool
London
Oxford
Manchester
Newcastle
Norwich
Nottingham
Scunthorpe
Sheffield
Southampton
Swansea
York

Bloody LOL!

[edit: Some how I knew I'd find this parked here.]
Attached images
321.jpg
My parents' house in on it! Hurrah!
#43 - w126
They must hurry up. This Romanian company http://www.norc.ro/ provides a service similar to Street View for some cities in several central-eastern Europe countries.
Quote from w126 :They must hurry up. This Romanian company http://www.norc.ro/ provides a service similar to Street View for some cities in several central-eastern Europe countries.

That Romanian website should hurry up, it's been loading for a minute now.

Also, it's using Google Maps... don't you think Google has more ability to dominate with functionalities within their own applications? They can even block it at will.
#45 - w126
Yes, I'm fully aware that Google is able to dominate us all. TBH I suspect that the founders of this company maybe hope it will be bought by Google.
Quote from w126 :They must hurry up. This Romanian company http://www.norc.ro/ provides a service similar to Street View for some cities in several central-eastern Europe countries.

Heh, nice car on that, a couple of clicks forward then look to the left. Shiny :3
Quote from w126 :TBH I suspect that the founders of this company maybe hope it will be bought by Google.

I highly doubt it. Google has their own system and their own implementation software to quickly add it to the Earth/Maps environment which would make it incompatible. Plus, the photos are quite different in format.

TBH, I suspect this service to stay alive until Google has driven their Streetview Astras through the same countries, then it's a goner.
just enjoying a streetview of Oxford

didn't even know they'd put it onto google streetview, really good resolution too. Now to see if I can spot me
Streetview stuff you won't find on "Look what we found" websites. This time, a quick tour through Holland.
Hehe quality. I've played a gig in this jazz club

New Google Feature - Coolest Thing Ever!
(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG