The online racing simulator
Nice 3D Work
(20 posts, started )
Nice 3D Work
Amazing.
No damage model, no tires, no dust, no physics apart from gravity...

But it looks amazing :P
Quote from TagForce :No damage model, no tires, no dust, no physics apart from gravity...

There are tyres
he testing the havok physic engine
you can dowload it too from don't know where, basicly, he make some slope with some obstacles, then he hit the "play" button

but i like it
Quote from Shadowww :There are tyres

Take another good look... The tires disappear in the final render. On some angles they indeed seem to be there.
Yeah, the physics are just a plugin - you set it up, hit 'go' and it does all the animation for you. The direction, camera-work, lighting and materials are brilliant howver he could have made his own models...

The means justify the end though, and apart from the disappearing tyres, it's fanstastic. The sounds effects I think really bring it to life.

Give it maybe 5 years and real-time graphics will look that good. The main thing making that look believable is the motion blur and the ambient occlusion (where things aren't just lit by a point light source, but by the whole sky area, so you get soft graduations of shadow for things like the underside of the car, or where the corners of the 'bowling alley' walls meet.
i wonder how long it took to render this whole scene..
the ragdoll stuff at the beginning is also amazing too
The scenes aren't particularly complicated, even with the lighting effects, so each frame would probably only take a minute or so to render. However, a 5 minute video, at 25 fps, is 7500 frames, which is 10 days at 2 minutes a frame.
first 30 so seconds inspired by toribash
I believe Havoc comes a default for calculating physics inside 3dsmax. It's not simple "plug it in and you're done" however, you still need to rig everything, add forces, correct weights for each object and then set up quite many parameters.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :first 30 so seconds inspired by toribash

Ah, you play toribash as well? No detatchable parts or blood in this though

I'm not too worried about how this was made, I just enjoyed the movie tbh. Very good!
Quote from Timdpr :Ah, you play toribash as well? No detatchable parts or blood in this though

I'm not too worried about how this was made, I just enjoyed the movie tbh. Very good!

It's a good time waster, but i just can't seem to do these acrobatic jumps and kicks like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsU_5bP8eGg
cool car model an other stuff and cool sound effects
Quote from Crommi :I believe Havoc comes a default for calculating physics inside 3dsmax. It's not simple "plug it in and you're done" however, you still need to rig everything, add forces, correct weights for each object and then set up quite many parameters.

i don't thinks so, only in a plugin, the default physic engine in max is the reactor, it's simple, and you can do some basic things with it
but maybe it comes for maya, because, that's the animation spec. application from autodesk
Could be, I haven't used 3dsmax in a long time and not really that much into animation to explore those options in Maya which is my program-of-choise nowdays.
reactor's really good, I built a nifty Rube Goldberg thingy with it for uni a few weeks ago. I must learn to use vRay though...
#19 - Migz
Quote from Timdpr :Ah, you play toribash as well? No detatchable parts or blood in this though

Quote from Sueycide_FD :first 30 so seconds inspired by toribash

DAMN YOU BOTH!!

I had to google toribash And now im hooked on it! And its annoying me because i find it impossible to do what i want, i can make him hit the other guy, but not how i want him to do it.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :It's a good time waster, but i just can't seem to do these acrobatic jumps and kicks like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsU_5bP8eGg

Quote from Migz :DAMN YOU BOTH!!

I had to google toribash And now im hooked on it! And its annoying me because i find it impossible to do what i want, i can make him hit the other guy, but not how i want him to do it.

http://wiki.toribash.com/index.php?title=Portal:Moves

Have fun! Go through these, memorise a few or parts of some, then use them or stick bits together to make your own...that's what I do. I'm not nearly as good as those guys in the video!

Sorry for off-topic and smileys at the end of each sentence!

Nice 3D Work
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG