The online racing simulator
Race2Play supports LFS!!!
(51 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Jakg :As for T1 on a CTRA server - I never had this issue even when mid-field - a lot of others around me did, but I could usually anticipate the accident before it happened - when others can't.

Perhaps if you ALWAYS got taken out (which is drivers not the servers), then maybe part of the issue lies with you?

Could be yes ore the idiots behind I hear that last one alot actualy..
Quote from SamH : Defensive much? Mebbe!

Perhaps a tad, but that's ok Point taken and I will not throw stuff around just to make a point Sorry about that!
My previous post probably sounded pretty critical. I would consider paying for this type of service at their basic membership price (or lower... $50-70 USD/year seems reasonable to me). The main thing that I did not like was their membership structure. The items they list as "premium" options like being able to store setups privately, take screenshots, or change my car skin do not sit right with me - especially when it raises the price to the level of iRacing which includes the most realistic sim on the market. Also, I believe iRacing gives you ~$70 dollars towards iRacing content when you purchase/renew a yearly subscription.
Thanks to the LFS community for the warm welcome. We are pretty excited to bring the LFS sim into the Race2Play service.

Im sure there will be people that do not understand or care to understand why Race2Play does what it does, or why more than 70% of our drivers are contributing members even though it is not a requirement. What does matter, is that the LFS developers and community can benefit from a influx in fresh participants, and even the additional income associated with R2P supporting a sim. All other sim software developers already support Race2Play as they too see this benefits to their community and bottom line. The R2P service is thriving and we continue embrace additional online sim-racing communities, no matter the sim they choose as their favorite.

Again, Thank you and we welcome any from the LFS community into the R2P community as we continue to build support for additional simulations. The events linked in this thread are just "starter series" using demo cars to introduce our 10,000+ members to a sim we have not used in the past. Hopefully, a good portion of them will find LFS to their liking and make the leap into an S2 license.

Beginning in April we have points-paying series starting and we will expand those, and add others, as the attendance demands.
Even though x-ter said it a million times, I didn't realize you can join as a guest for free In this case I will check it out.
Sure. I will give this a try. Signed up for the March 17th demo STD class at BL1.

-Jay
I think a few people are kinda oversighting on the subscription side of things, it not a fixed requirement, and the fact that it doesnt offer the LFS community anything new doesnt mean its evil or such, it just means theres zero point to any member of the LFS community buying a license if thats all they play.
No, there isnt anything special the subscription offers, which is why nobody in their right mind will buy one, but maybe for the other sims its value for money, so thats why its there.
Whether 'R2P' offers ANYTHING which should make anyone in the community take notice, like its a wonder we ever lasted this long without them... I think we can all figure out for ourselves. Im sure its not a load of crap, but i fail to see something that makes it stand out from the vast number of existing FREE community projects.

X-Ter:
Considering you started this thread, and have lept to the defence of R2P from everyones comments, claim its fantastic news for LFS, all the while protesting not to be 'on the payroll' (extremely bias obviously, just not paid to be is my guess) perhaps you can cut through the BS that yourself and your other 2 newly registered R2P off-springs have come up with, and actually tell us why this is "Great news".
i dont see why people should be BS'd like they're morons by trolls who've come here to give some sort of welcome to the R2P era type spiel and hide the fact that they've got nothing new to offer with this manner of self-importance within the sim world.
If there's something special/worthwhile about R2P in this community that means we should take notice then say it, but if you come here making posts with some illusions of grandeur to announce nothing special, your going to get people asking questions and highlighting how it does look like your money grabbing trollops hoping to cash in on another community (only a few years late mind you).

As for arguing an R2P subscription makes more sense for us than buying into iRacing for a year, are we supposed to just ignore the obvious fact that your comparing a subscription that offers this community nothing against something that gives us a years free racing and allows the purchase of optional content.
iRacing :: years access to new sim & some content
R2P :: nothing unless you play other sims you've already paid for once.
say what you like about iRacings history, but they'd offer most of the LFS community something they'd be interested in. R2P offers us first dibs on R2P events... yay?.
Yes, I do think it is fantastic news, and for some good reason too. First of all, it means LFS gets (yet) another platform where it can grow and attract attention. Second of all, it happens in a place where clean and fair racing are two major cornerstones. Every race is monitored in real time by server admins and marshals and that is a rare thing if you ask me. I've been in my fair share of leagues over the years and I've also run a few of my own, for various Sims, and I know that clean racing is hard to come by. Race2Play has this and much more.

LFS will be raced side by side with all the other Sims (iRacing excluded of course) on equal terms and with equal support, and I have a hard time seeing how this could be a bad thing. It might even be so that someone who have never even given LFS a moments thought before, suddenly takes a moment and try out the demo and end up with a license. Fact is that Race2Play is one of few communities I've been to that is not entirely made up by die hard fanboys. I see people go from ARCA to RBR to GTR Evo to rFactor etc. all the time. In my not so humble opinion, that is a rare treat.

I think it's sad that some of you seems to think it's bad to have LFS on R2P. It's even more sad that some community members almost come trough as hostile in the matter, and I wonder what's wrong with some of you people. Why so negative? Why so hostile? Why on earth so defensive as soon as something new comes by?
This is what I'm talking about:

http://race2play.com/schedule/show/399

Count me in. Sounds like a great way to really use this service.

I will at the demo race tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

-Jay
Be great to see you there Jay.

R2P-2-DATE
EVENTS

WINNERS

LAPS

MILES

ENTRIES

COUNTRIES
Quote from X-Ter :Yes, I do think it is fantastic news, and for some good reason too. First of all, it means LFS gets (yet) another platform where it can grow and attract attention. Second of all, it happens in a place where clean and fair racing are two major cornerstones. Every race is monitored in real time by server admins and marshals and that is a rare thing if you ask me. I've been in my fair share of leagues over the years and I've also run a few of my own, for various Sims, and I know that clean racing is hard to come by. Race2Play has this and much more.

LFS will be raced side by side with all the other Sims (iRacing excluded of course) on equal terms and with equal support, and I have a hard time seeing how this could be a bad thing. It might even be so that someone who have never even given LFS a moments thought before, suddenly takes a moment and try out the demo and end up with a license. Fact is that Race2Play is one of few communities I've been to that is not entirely made up by die hard fanboys. I see people go from ARCA to RBR to GTR Evo to rFactor etc. all the time. In my not so humble opinion, that is a rare treat.

I think it's sad that some of you seems to think it's bad to have LFS on R2P. It's even more sad that some community members almost come trough as hostile in the matter, and I wonder what's wrong with some of you people. Why so negative? Why so hostile? Why on earth so defensive as soon as something new comes by?

1) I never said it was a bad thing, you presumed that wrongly. We want to know whats special about this that deserves all the BS that its taken THREE people to come here and spread the wonderment that is R2P... but have conveniently skipped out whats so special about it that we should have reason to get excited.... still have really, odd

2) I asked you to highlight what was so special about it, because you'd said nowt worthwhile, the R2P troll gave an oscar acceptance speech which conveniently mentions nothing we gain as a community for it being there, and this 2nd troll Phillips who does 1-2 line posts about R2P isnt here for any other reason than to spread more R2P crap, he's not here to add to the community, just to spam in it.
Hardly fills you with confidence when 2 of the 3 people who seems to be harping on about it only seem to be here to spam the community, while the 3rd seems happy to defend and try and push something that offers this community nothing (the subscription) all the while trying to suggest he's not involved, but quite clearly 'not on the payroll' was as close to 'no association' you could get without lying.

4) Admined servers isnt anything special, its kinda expected in general.

5) Being associated with other sims is nice enough, but i doubt many of them will suddenly decide to start playing LFS simply because R2P has started organising a couple of races there. I mean, LFS isnt some oscure little game nobody has heard of in the sim racing genre, and as thats the area R2P targets its hardly giving LFS a new audience.

6) People coming along saying 'we want your money to do something you can already get done for free, just as well, by people just as experienced, but have a history you know of and it means something' doesnt go down well in the LFS community, and R2P wanting money for something the LFS community has managed to do for over 5 years out of community generosity, rather than profit they can make off the back of people, is why you'd get a "hostile" reception.... That and the person protesting their impartiality while deepthroating R2P come up with pathetic 'which is better' scenarios where iR actually looks the better option to waste money on.

It makes little difference if theres a free option, R2P is there for its own profit, not for the good of the sim racing world, and in LFS thats something which is frowned upon unless theres a bloody good reason for it... and R2P doesnt have anything like a half-decent reason to warrant $5 a year from the LFS community.

So basically, to sumerise why we should get excited:
R2P is going to spread the word to the sim racing to the people so interested in sim racing but oddly enough who havent heard of LFS in the last 6 years its been around. Its going to have adminned events, and its going to have drivers in cars, on tracks. If you pay them a stupid amount of money, they'll show you some favoritism!! YEY.
Fine, you stay away, I couldn't care less. All the exhibition events are already full to the brim and the series 12 events are starting to attract attention from R2P regulars, which means there will be plenty of action to go around without you being there. In fact, I think R2P will be better of without you.

I am willing to pay for a great service, simple as that. The fact that the rules and rankings system are based on a real world counterpart gives me great pleasure and it feels like it takes Sim racing one step closer to being an actual sport, rather than a geeky hobby. The rest of the features on R2P are just a bonus.
Well done for conveniently skipping past the things i highlighted a second time, and instead repeating what makes R2P ok for other sims, but doesnt give the LFS community nothing new at all.
Its almost like you cant think of a reason (an unbias one!) why people would consider R2P events over any of the many leagues/events currently running who dont want to profit from it.

When R2P offer something this community hasnt been offering for a good 5 years, let me know, until then save the 'have no fear, R2P is here' type posts cos otherwise its pretty pathetic unless theres something that is actually special about you.
So congrats, now we can pay for the same services we've had for free for years, its just what the community needed, thank you R2P thats great news!
Quote from PaulC2K :but doesnt give the LFS community nothing new at all.

Nothing new? Ok so how about this one? Race2Play is sanctioned by a real world body, NASA (National Auto Sport Association). Is there any other league that that does this for LFS (or for any Sim)? I don't think so. Race2Play offers support for just about all the Sims on the market, side by side. Is there any other place that does this? Nope, not really. Race2Play offers all kinds of racing using those Sims. Touring Car, Sports Car, Open Wheel, Stock Car and Off Road. Is there any other site that does this with any real success? Perhaps a few, but not to the extent that we see here.

Don't you get it. Race2Play is the biggest organizer of Sim Racing in the world, and having LFS support at that place will most probably prove to be a good thing, hence you should embrace it rather than piss on it and say "We've had this for years". You haven't, simple as that. What you have had is leagues with varying levels of professionalism (no I'm not saying all previous leagues have been bad in any way), but you have never seen this kind of determination to make Sim Racing a real sport.

And again... If it's about the money, why not consider creating a free account and become a guest member? It's really your choice. I chose to pay up, you may chose not to, simple as that, and service remains the same. But don't bitch and moan about it when you're last on the entry list and you find that one hour before race start, a paying member knocks you off the list and all your practice is for nothing.
Seriously?
Paul,

I fail to see your problem here.

I would think after membership here since at least 2003 you might be a bit more open to anybody wanting to further the LFS experience and allowing new mediums and outlets for it to grow. Not to mention all the work you have done with LFS Pro Series. I think your actions and words are conflicting and confusing. I don't get your tone you know? You expect someone to organize something for free? Because of good will? Do you dislike that fact that someone might be able to capitalize on an idea and maybe put some money into their pocket or at least break even? Maybe we can get the governments of the world to sponsor this so it can be all kinds of screwed up and run by bueracracies? The days of one time fees are nearing an end. Service industry, providing of services over the internet in a lot of cases, is becoming more popular because of return of investment and the cost overhead. You can provide more service, to more people and give them more of what they would like when modeling a service like race2play.com this way. But... for gods sakes.. the accounts are free!!! I still don't get what you are saying Paul? Like we are all about to get ripped off for our free accounts? Maybe I will put some of my money here if I enjoy what is going on. If it sucks, then I won't. Seems like the right thing to do instead of blasting the forums with crap and the first race doesn't run until tonight? This is exposure for LFS. LFS is something that many, many people are missing out on in the sim community as a whole. It really seems to me that you are afraid of our little world of LFS changing to something you don't approve of. It is too bad that the community decides and not a single person. Maybe too bad for you anyways. They are not hosting LFS. They are hosting organized racing events. And since LFS is a superb racing simulation. And it is over due for some attention from race2play.com . race2play.com doesn't do what they do because it is super profitable I am sure. I suspect they do this because they real like doing it. Otherwise it wouldn't have been around as long as it has. But if it is good, then race2play should be compensated by those that can do so IMO.

When you come up with anything valid and decide to stop repeating yourself like a broken record.... Please post it here. I'll even read through your bull crap just to see that for 2 seconds you aren't going to be closed minded.

Give that try.

To further the sim community, if anyone is interested, I know I am, we should put our money into this sport at the root. That means the guys out there doing for this for the passion they have for it.

SRT media needs donations. Small hardware vendors like CST, Frex, Sim-Gear, NIXIM needs the true hardcore sim racers to buy their products so they can continue to push the bar up for their competitors to move forward as well because that is long, long over due. All of these add up to better experience for us. We are sitting at a major tipping point in sim racing. I think it may become bigger then we think it can become. We as the community have to put our money in places that will do something great. iRacing (even though not very excepted around here) is a great idea for the true sim racer's of the world. race2play, CTRA (even though it is gone for the moment) was just amazing and free to use. But look at what it did for Sam. It was a job that he handled for little or no money for a long while, but he can't continue being a servant forever. This is where roads lead unless there is something in it for the people spending all their time and their own money to create a community and a service. And we have to support them financially because these people have lives, just like we do. But only when the service is worth it. Otherwise it should be allowed to fail. Simple as that.

Sorry to sound like a such a cry baby here. I do feel a bit ashamed for going off the deep end so to speak. But I feel that sim racing is ready to grow like it has never grown before. Just look around us at the people involved. They deserve our support when a job is well done.

Thanks for reading and please consider.

Jay Odom
Quote from X-Ter :Nothing new? Ok so how about this one? Race2Play is sanctioned by a real world body, NASA (National Auto Sport Association). Is there any other league that that does this for LFS (or for any Sim)? I don't think so. Race2Play offers support for just about all the Sims on the market, side by side. Is there any other place that does this? Nope, not really. Race2Play offers all kinds of racing using those Sims. Touring Car, Sports Car, Open Wheel, Stock Car and Off Road. Is there any other site that does this with any real success? Perhaps a few, but not to the extent that we see here.

Don't you get it. Race2Play is the biggest organizer of Sim Racing in the world, and having LFS support at that place will most probably prove to be a good thing, hence you should embrace it rather than piss on it and say "We've had this for years". You haven't, simple as that. What you have had is leagues with varying levels of professionalism (no I'm not saying all previous leagues have been bad in any way), but you have never seen this kind of determination to make Sim Racing a real sport.

And again... If it's about the money, why not consider creating a free account and become a guest member? It's really your choice. I chose to pay up, you may chose not to, simple as that, and service remains the same. But don't bitch and moan about it when you're last on the entry list and you find that one hour before race start, a paying member knocks you off the list and all your practice is for nothing.

But that still doesnt say why it actually matters.

I officially sanction LFS... so? What is this NASA going to do that makes it a better sim, makes the community better, makes events better, anything? Thats what im asking ffs.
I've asked twice already, what R2P are going to bring to LFS thats such good news, and all you've done is defend them and answered with nothing that doesnt exist in the community already.
If the FIA came into LFS, and all they were going to do was offer paying member preferencial treatment, and the assurance of someone watching the races they've organised, then they'd get the same response from me. So fecking what!?

Now, if the FIA said they'd get LFS on tv, magazines, and there was money to be won (for free entry) all paid for by their sponsors and stuff, then thats great, its bringing something new to LFS which gives its community something, as well as expanding the audience to new markets.
Some group called R2P who say they'll do what everyone else do, and have someone backing them who so far we havent been told why that makes a jot of difference to anyone who'd be involved in an R2P event, then i fail to see why we need a 'LFS has arrived now we are here' post which makes no attempt to say how they're going to make things better for people already in this community, and why we should be excited.

Now, ive never heard of R2P, and having looked at their site for a few minutes, its shockingly average and doesnt give the impression of any importance, they've had 1 person come on here telling us its a great day now they're here, then it turns out they want money to show you favouritism, what you've said about them says they offer nothing to the LFS community that isnt already done in other leagues, and then low and behold some official R2P bod comes on with an oscar acceptance speach basking in the limelight that all is not lost now R2P is here, welcome to the future of sim racing.... type post.
WTF else am i supposed to expect? Then, rather than explain why this is a good thing for the LFS community thats already here, im just given reasons why its good for LFS because some people who play other sims might like LFS now. Well thats great for them, but asside from getting more flakey racers which we have plenty of, who play a different game each day of the week, that doesnt offer anything to someone who's already aware of LFS.

Its also worth pointing out, simply through posts on this thread, you've had FIVE people say it looks interesting.
TWO of those are R2P trolls, ONE was an R2P official telling us that we're better off for them being here, but oddly not a reason why.
Im not even sure where to place 'Jay' cos he's sounding either he's another troll or he knows more about R2P than anyone has bothered to say in this 'R2P are here, yey' thread, which shows only people who know WTF any of this means can see maybe its a good idea, the rest DONT HAVE A CLUE COS YOUR NOT SAYING ANYTHING HELPFUL!
Shall we count the number of people who've said something negative or questioning exactly whats the fuss?? Its significantly higher, because nobody know wtf'ing fuss is about cos your too busy telling us how its great for non-LFS's and now how a real racing assoc is big news, but not what impact that has for anyone.

If R2P is the best org the racing sim world has to offer, then the racing sim world is dead! The people trying to impose its self importance are too busy trying to sound important than bother to explain what makes them special, or theres nothing special to explain, and nobody is any the wiser for this fantastic news.

So far, we've been told nothing about how its better for people already in LFS, what any of it matters. Maybe having NASA means lfs drivers could get a RL drive, but your not saying anything about why we should give a hoot that they have some probably worthless seal of approval (in terms of what it brings). Unless you tell us why, were not going to come to the conclusion you guys seem to expect us to.

If you want people to understand why R2P is good, make a bloody effort to say why, dont make a stupid 'great news' OP, and whine when people are critical about what they see, then have some R2P suit waltz in spout more unhelpful nonsense about how wonderful they are, and make sod all effort to say why! And dont bloody moan when >1/3 of the people who've commented come to the same conclusion i have, while you make no effort to answer the real questions and explain why your so wonderful and why we should care less about this.
If you dont care if we've no idea, why post this at all
If you do care, STFU with the BS and this impression that R2P is so wonderful everyone should already know, and start fcking telling people so maybe they'll understand. Is it really that hard to understand??
Quote from X-Ter :Nothing new? Ok so how about this one? Race2Play is sanctioned by a real world body, NASA (National Auto Sport Association). Is there any other league that that does this for LFS (or for any Sim)? I don't think so. Race2Play offers support for just about all the Sims on the market, side by side. Is there any other place that does this? Nope, not really. Race2Play offers all kinds of racing using those Sims. Touring Car, Sports Car, Open Wheel, Stock Car and Off Road. Is there any other site that does this with any real success? Perhaps a few, but not to the extent that we see here.

Can't believe I got sucked into posting...

But, only thing that is good about this is that the Devs will get money from people who move over to LFS from other sims (that's IF they do). Other than that it doesn't bring anything new. If I want serious racing I'll do what I do now, race in LOTA, iTCC, IGTC, and MoE. Others leagues like LFSPS are also very well organized and have the top drivers in LFS.

To me this is just another set of leagues, that offer things that most diehard league racers are already into. And as you said yourself, if you don't pay you'll probably be screwed out of racing because others (paying customers) get the priority.

So.... woot woot for what?
Quote from PaulC2K :But that still doesnt say why it actually matters.

I officially sanction LFS... so? What is this NASA going to do that makes it a better sim, makes the community better, makes events better, anything? Thats what im asking ffs.
I've asked twice already, what R2P are going to bring to LFS thats such good news, and all you've done is defend them and answered with nothing that doesnt exist in the community already.
If the FIA came into LFS, and all they were going to do was offer paying member preferencial treatment, and the assurance of someone watching the races they've organised, then they'd get the same response from me. So fecking what!?

Now, if the FIA said they'd get LFS on tv, magazines, and there was money to be won (for free entry) all paid for by their sponsors and stuff, then thats great, its bringing something new to LFS which gives its community something, as well as expanding the audience to new markets.
Some group called R2P who say they'll do what everyone else do, and have someone backing them who so far we havent been told why that makes a jot of difference to anyone who'd be involved in an R2P event, then i fail to see why we need a 'LFS has arrived now we are here' post which makes no attempt to say how they're going to make things better for people already in this community, and why we should be excited.

Now, ive never heard of R2P, and having looked at their site for a few minutes, its shockingly average and doesnt give the impression of any importance, they've had 1 person come on here telling us its a great day now they're here, then it turns out they want money to show you favouritism, what you've said about them says they offer nothing to the LFS community that isnt already done in other leagues, and then low and behold some official R2P bod comes on with an oscar acceptance speach basking in the limelight that all is not lost now R2P is here, welcome to the future of sim racing.... type post.
WTF else am i supposed to expect? Then, rather than explain why this is a good thing for the LFS community thats already here, im just given reasons why its good for LFS because some people who play other sims might like LFS now. Well thats great for them, but asside from getting more flakey racers which we have plenty of, who play a different game each day of the week, that doesnt offer anything to someone who's already aware of LFS.

Its also worth pointing out, simply through posts on this thread, you've had FIVE people say it looks interesting.
TWO of those are R2P trolls, ONE was an R2P official telling us that we're better off for them being here, but oddly not a reason why.
Im not even sure where to place 'Jay' cos he's sounding either he's another troll or he knows more about R2P than anyone has bothered to say in this 'R2P are here, yey' thread, which shows only people who know WTF any of this means can see maybe its a good idea, the rest DONT HAVE A CLUE COS YOUR NOT SAYING ANYTHING HELPFUL!
Shall we count the number of people who've said something negative or questioning exactly whats the fuss?? Its significantly higher, because nobody know wtf'ing fuss is about cos your too busy telling us how its great for non-LFS's and now how a real racing assoc is big news, but not what impact that has for anyone.

If R2P is the best org the racing sim world has to offer, then the racing sim world is dead! The people trying to impose its self importance are too busy trying to sound important than bother to explain what makes them special, or theres nothing special to explain, and nobody is any the wiser for this fantastic news.

So far, we've been told nothing about how its better for people already in LFS, what any of it matters. Maybe having NASA means lfs drivers could get a RL drive, but your not saying anything about why we should give a hoot that they have some probably worthless seal of approval (in terms of what it brings). Unless you tell us why, were not going to come to the conclusion you guys seem to expect us to.

If you want people to understand why R2P is good, make a bloody effort to say why, dont make a stupid 'great news' OP, and whine when people are critical about what they see, then have some R2P suit waltz in spout more unhelpful nonsense about how wonderful they are, and make sod all effort to say why! And dont bloody moan when >1/3 of the people who've commented come to the same conclusion i have, while you make no effort to answer the real questions and explain why your so wonderful and why we should care less about this.
If you dont care if we've no idea, why post this at all
If you do care, STFU with the BS and this impression that R2P is so wonderful everyone should already know, and start fcking telling people so maybe they'll understand. Is it really that hard to understand??

I'm still waiting on those 2 seconds.
Quote from jbirdaspec :Paul,

I fail to see your problem here.

My problem is, people so arrogant that they assume people know the answers already, and rather than answer the fecking questions instead decide to repeat crap and resort to answers that make sod all difference to anyone already here.

I mean, I asked for a straight up, no BS reason why this news was supposedly good. All we'd got was talk of stuff that LFS has done for years without any song n dance, then a speach of how LFS will be better now they're here.
No bloody explanation as to how thats actually the case.

Im not saying LFS cant be better by having more of the same either, but if whats being offered is no different, then thats the answer. If LFS is better because of something they bring which adds to some aspect then they've yet to say what it is. They've *possibly* hinted at it, but they sure as hell havent said something that makes me understand why it deserves any fuss so far.
From what i can gather, the loyal 'LFS Fanboy' folks dont gain anything really, its the people who'll float from one game to another week to week who now can include LFS in their long list of games they barely play. As a 'LFS Fanboy' why should i be excited other sims gamers might play LFS a couple of hours a week, before going back to 3-4 other games, hardly going to change LFS is it.
Maybe some licenses will be sold, thats great for the Devs. Though if these people are really sim racers, is someone going to tell me they've never heard of LFS and only through R2P will they then try the demo and buy it? Im saying the chances are slim, at best.

What i want to know is, what EXACTLY does R2P offer someone like me and a lot of the LFS community, who couldnt give a damn about other sims, how other non-LFSers might buy LFS, or anything that doesnt really impact upon them... what it offers us thats makes it worth taking any notice in this R2P's existance as it stands.

I understand, maybe asking twice wasnt enough? Maybe others not seeing what was so special before me wasnt a clue either?
They are offering a chance to participate in something we care about. There is nothing wrong with another medium. In fact this medium seems very well put together so far besides the fact I think their website is a bit dated and needs some freshness applied. Though, in my experience so far with signing up for LFS @race2play it works well and seems organized. The whole LFS fanboy thing is a bit over the top and I see it as a line drawn in the sand. What good is that going to do? It won't help new people find their way into the LFS experience. That is for sure.

This could be fun. Lets give it a chance.

-Jay
hmmm,
1) I used the term 'Fanboy' to describe someone who's only interest is in LFS, not a multitude of games with favouritism being based on which is the most recent.
2) I used the term to describe myself, so i wasnt really using it to offend myself or imply something unkind, as i'd be insulting myself (im happy to do that but wasnt in this case :razz.

If R2P, in terms of what it offers the existing LFS playing community, offers nothing but what we have already, then thats fine. But it does kinda make all the R2P love-in between the R2P trolls who've come here simply to spam us with their self importance, rather needless.
I cant speak for others, but im not particularly impressed by things that make no difference to me, short or long term, and taking part in a series which seems to have its main selling points as being that they run leagues for a dozen other sims, it just doesnt really impress me. It doesnt make it bad, but it doesnt warrent a song and a dance about it.

Im also just sitting down and going through that old thread, its just been recommended to me, a back-history of R2P and its organiser, apparently it makes interesting reading.
Paul, you're so defensive/aggressive about this, that I'm beginning to think that you fear that R2P will at one point or another draw attention away from that league you have linked in your signature. Am I right in assuming that you think that particular league is doing a better job than R2P ever will?
You asked again and again why I think R2P on is great and I've answered many times in previous posts, but you act like you don't read them. In fact, you act like you hold a personal grudge against me, which I find strange. Well, one last time. Here are a few (just a few) of the things that makes R2P a better place than most.
  • Officially santioned by NASA. That means taking the first step from being a geeky hobby, to becoming a proper sport (as I've stated in previous posts). That is a very good thing.
  • Live web TV broadcasts of selected races. I know others do this as well, but this is broadcasted from the biggest league site there is. That is a very good thing.
  • R2P is very often written about in one particular magazine, namely AutoSimSport. The news about LFS making it to R2P is good news and will be covered by that magazine and most probably on other news related sites as well. That is a very good thing.
  • All the races, regardless of class or type, is marshaled in real time to ensure good clean racing for everyone. In my experience (and trust me, I'm no newbie to this, and I've seen my fair share of admins, good and bad, over the years), the admins at R2P are top notch and takes their job seriously. That is a very good thing.
  • Every result, every record, every lap of every race of every series is stored and can be looked up at any time. Think of it as an automated log of all that has passed. It's kept and it's organized and you don't have to worry about it, it just happens. That is a very good thing.
  • Trough R2P, LFS is getting extra attention, for free. It suddenly has a chance to attract new people but just being visible at one more, very high profile place on the inter tube. That is a very good thing.
  • Everything is linked together in a way that I think should appeal to the average LFS:er (you know how the forum and LFS World and the Sim itself is joined together as one big entity). Your race results, your pre and post races notes, your blog and your average forum posts etc, all work together, seamlessly. Everything is right there, only one or two clicks away, and you could actually run an entire team and career from R2P. That is a very good thing.
Now, you ask for money to be won, without having to pay an entry fee, just like in the world of FiA. Well guess again. Entry fees are a reality and I have yet to hear about a real world event where you can just show up in a car and win money without opening the wallet first. If you think that's how stuff are run under the FiA flag, then guess again. Every real world race, be it organized by FiA, SCCA, NASA or NASCAR, requires an entry fee to be payed, and the money you win (if you win) usually doesn't cover much of the racing budget. That's why there's a constant hunt for sponsors to pick up the bill.

You refer to anyone who actually likes the idea of LFS at R2P as "trolls", which comes trough as hostile to say the least. You claim that people "whine" when you are the one whining like a toddler who just lost is comfort blanket. I would take a deep breath and go at this in another fashion, cause right now you come across as an immature kid who is afraid to let in anything new, and that's annoying and then some.
Quote from X-Ter :Paul, you're so defensive/aggressive about this, that I'm beginning to think that you fear that R2P will at one point or another draw attention away from that league you have linked in your signature.
Typically, your wrong, im just sick and tired of asking questions and having an idiot skate round the answers without giving it.

Am I right in assuming that you think that particular league is doing a better job than R2P ever will?
Your wrong, and being a condesending prick too.

You asked again...
WRONG
...and again...
WRONG
...why I think R2P on is great...
WRONG! Not once did I ask why you thought it was great, i continuously asked you to say why we should give a damn. You always decided to ANSWER the question as why YOU thought it was great, but that wasnt the question, as i keep telling you!

...and I've answered many times in previous posts, but you act like you don't read them.
Because your a moron and dont answer the question asked, and when the question is asked again, you still answer a different question!

In fact, you act like you hold a personal grudge against me, which I find strange.
Wrong, im just fed up of having you as the moron who's attempting to explain why R2P is supposed to be something we give a hoot about.

Well, one last time (The first time infact). Here are a few (just a few)(2 half reason) of the things that makes R2P a better place than most (but same as many).
  • Officially santioned by NASA. That means taking the first step from being a geeky hobby, to becoming a proper sport (as I've stated in previous posts). That is a very good thing.
    Maybe one day, currently offers us nothing different.
  • Live web TV broadcasts of selected races. I know others do this as well, but this is broadcasted from the biggest league site there is. That is a very good thing.
    F*ck me, he's found half a reason!! if im racing, im not watching myself on a webcast!
  • R2P is very often written about in one particular magazine, namely AutoSimSport. The news about LFS making it to R2P is good news and will be covered by that magazine and most probably on other news related sites as well. That is a very good thing.
    Think i heard of ASS a while back, looked ameturish and dull, maybe its changed but havent had a reason to look. If ASS needs R2P to make LFS worthwhile to report about it, then that does explain the TLA! Possibly #2, basically a half reason.
  • All the races, regardless of class or type, is marshaled in real time to ensure good clean racing for everyone. In my experience (and trust me, I'm no newbie to this, and I've seen my fair share of admins, good and bad, over the years), the admins at R2P are top notch and takes their job seriously. That is a very good thing.
    I doubt theres a series which is run which doesnt have someone watching over the races, if there are events out there in the sim racing community which arent admin'd then thats fairly poor, *i* dont know of any in LFS.
  • Every result, every record, every lap of every race of every series is stored and can be looked up at any time. Think of it as an automated log of all that has passed. It's kept and it's organized and you don't have to worry about it, it just happens. That is a very good thing.
    I'd say at least 80-90 of ALL lfs events can be found on the spdo event site, all provided by someones free time, without handouts, just their passion for LFS. Thats what communities are built on round here. Isnt something that makes it special though.
  • Trough R2P, LFS is getting extra attention, for free. It suddenly has a chance to attract new people but just being visible at one more, very high profile place on the inter tube. That is a very good thing.
    Doesnt influence a racer, like half the stuff you've repeating, and the official guy harped on about, yes it might be good for LFS, but its not something i asked about is it.
  • Everything is linked together in a way that I think should appeal to the average LFS:er (you know how the forum and LFS World and the Sim itself is joined together as one big entity). Your race results, your pre and post races notes, your blog and your average forum posts etc, all work together, seamlessly. Everything is right there, only one or two clicks away, and you could actually run an entire team and career from R2P. That is a very good thing.
    Nice, but again... doesnt influence the racer in any way.
Now, you ask for money to be won, without having to pay an entry fee, just like in the world of FiA. Well guess again. Entry fees are a reality and I have yet to hear about a real world event where you can just show up in a car and win money without opening the wallet first. If you think that's how stuff are run under the FiA flag, then guess again. Every real world race, be it organized by FiA, SCCA, NASA or NASCAR, requires an entry fee to be payed, and the money you win (if you win) usually doesn't cover much of the racing budget. That's why there's a constant hunt for sponsors to pick up the bill.
Yes, well done, i understand all that, but that would be what would make R2P significant, it'd perhaps excuse the arrogant 'We have arrived' post. But its not, its nothing different for an LFS racer than we already have, except being able to watch yourself on a web stream while your driving and being able to read about R2P in the ASS mag.

You refer to anyone who actually likes the idea of LFS at R2P as "trolls", which comes trough as hostile to say the least.
What do you call someone who has ZERO interest in this community, but suddenly appears here only to promote their own interests? Dont like the terminology, go moan to the WWW! I'll try to refer to you as the R2P spammer's in future if thats better?

You claim that people "whine" when you are the one whining like a toddler who just lost is comfort blanket.
I used the term 'Whine' to describe a WHINING MORON who was complaining about the MULTIPLE people who'd asked the same damn thing and were also being ignored by the same WHINING MORON.
Your calling me a toddler because of your failing to understand what myself and also other people are asking. wow

I would take a deep breath and go at this in another fashion, cause right now you come across as an immature kid who is afraid to let in anything new, and that's annoying and then some.
I think at this point, your ability to grasp reality is pretty much at question, so im not really to bothered about what you think. Or maybe your right, im just afraid of something new! perhaps i cry myself to sleep worrying about all these new things too?

So... after 48 posts, and being asked a dozen times within that, and being given the answer to many a question but the one being asked, we have an answer folks!

This is the list of things that R2P offers, which most dont, but a fair few have for a few years now.
1) Being able to watch yourself racing while your racing.
2) Possibly being able to read your name in a web mag.

Thats what all the fuss was about in you already play LFS and are wondering if theres anything new and intresting, which warrants the fuss and BS being poured in this thread.
But as PMD said, make sure you pay the $170USD, cos otherwise you wont get a place anyway and all your practicing will be worthless.

Now, who do i pay???
Quote from PaulC2K :
Your wrong, and being a condesending prick too.

Wow... So we have come to some serious name calling and stopped just attacking what is posted, but rather starting to attack the person behind the post. Now that is mature, and you even spelled it wrong, I think. I was just about to go put you on my ignore list, just in case, but I got this fed to me when I tried.
Quote :
Sorry PaulC2K is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

I don't know what you admin around here, but it feels like you should try and keep a better language if you in any way represent staff on this forum. I'm out of here, as it's clear I'm waisting my time.
This thread is closed

Race2Play supports LFS!!!
(51 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG